If Youre Appearance Change You Realize How Shallow People Are

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether thats through hairloss, accident, jaw surgery or weightgains/loss

Personally i realised that first through weight fluctuations

I first was very underweight through growth spurts in my early youth. Then catched up with my weight. Then got fat and bloated. Diet. Normal weight again.

Its crazy how different how people of all genders and age treat you. Its crazy how good daily validations feels like. Crazy how a little flirt or a smile - even it leads to nothing bc youre already in a relationship - can raise youre mood.

Due this experience i know what awaits me at the end of the balding route.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
That's partly it. Without being the 'blue pill' guy or whatever a lot of it is about confidence (incoming dislikes) and how you carry yourself.

For me, I was always cocky, arrogant and confident prior to hairloss. I found it a lot easier to approach not just women, but other people.

Hairloss changes everything and has a huge effect on your verbal and nonverbal communication and interactions.

From your outlook on life to your posture, mental health, how you groom and take pride in your appearance, mood, it effects everything.

The actual hair itself is a facet of why people treat you differently but there's a lot more to it than that.

Bigbaby

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's partly it. Without being the 'blue pill' guy or whatever a lot of it is about confidence (incoming dislikes) and how you carry yourself.

For me, I was always cocky, arrogant and confident prior to hairloss. I found it a lot easier to approach not just women, but other people.

Hairloss changes everything and has a huge effect on your verbal and nonverbal communication and interactions.

From your outlook on life to your posture, mental health, how you groom and take pride in your appearance, mood, it effects everything.

The actual hair itself is a facet of why people treat you differently but there's a lot more to it than that.

I dont believe what you say

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how you feel about daily remarks.

A few days ago, I was on my way to work and petted a dog. I told the lady I was getting a tiny cat in a month or two and she just HAD to say, "Oh, that's funny. You're so much bigger than everyone else and you'll have this tiny cat." Great. Just what I wanted to hear.

Then today, another bald guy at work said, "Oh, I never noticed your scar. What surgery did you get?" He's a nice guy and has given me a ride most of the way home several times, but I wanted to say, "None of your f*****g business. Do you go up to anyone with a scar and ask them about their medical history?"

I told him the truth, that it was from hair replacement surgery (that gave me some hair up front, but none in back, so now I shave it all off). Luckily, he didn't start preaching about how looks don't matter, or how he doesn't give a f*** that he's bald, or that I should be "proud of who I am."

I can't go more than a month without someone making a rude remark. More often it's about my height or size than my hair loss, but I feel badly about it regardless.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how you feel about daily remarks.

A few days ago, I was on my way to work and petted a dog. I told the lady I was getting a tiny cat in a month or two and she just HAD to say, "Oh, that's funny. You're so much bigger than everyone else and you'll have this tiny cat." Great. Just what I wanted to hear.

Then today, another bald guy at work said, "Oh, I never noticed your scar. What surgery did you get?" He's a nice guy and has given me a ride most of the way home several times, but I wanted to say, "None of your f*****g business. Do you go up to anyone with a scar and ask them about their medical history?"

I told him the truth, that it was from hair replacement surgery (that gave me some hair up front, but none in back, so now I shave it all off). Luckily, he didn't start preaching about how looks don't matter, or how he doesn't give a f*** that he's bald, or that I should be "proud of who I am."

I can't go more than a month without someone making a rude remark. More often it's about my height or size than my hair loss, but I feel badly about it regardless.
I don't know if you' ve ever heard of tallness being considered attractive in our current society