• Cosmetic Surgery

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

myusernamenow

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The rope isn't an option btw.

You've got quite a bit of cash saved up to improve your appearance. You're 29, male and a true Norwood-6 (lol), been buzzed for years and you manage alright. Not terrible, but not ideal. You're dead set on one of these two, please tell me what'd you do:

1.) Get a transplant with Hasson & Wong. MAYBE Norwood-3 at the absolute best?

2.) Sink this cash into cosmetic surgery to look closer to the chiseled "bald ideal." Otoplasty, chin implant, whatever else.

My fate may or may not be in your hands, boyos.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go for the transplant, there's some new tech coming down the pipe in the next few years, you might be able to get it back. Also look into supplementing with body hairs.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my instinct as well. Does your choice come from doubting whether or not an NW6 would recover or are you just all about the FACE?

hair transplant on NW6 mostly sucks

If you will end up with at least Guardiola looks after your facial surgery I'd chose it

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Im a little bit weirded out by the facial surgery although I would be curious to see. I could really use a better jawline / cheekbones.

but overall , I would rather have hair by far

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd go for transplants first. You have to fix your Norwood level. Aim for as many grafts as possible go to Turkey as it's cheaper but the work is good.

Set some hair goals and once you have achieved them your life will improve. Then you should have cosmetic surgery only after your hair is more acceptable for you.

You have to feel good about yourself first and your hair is probably holding you back.

So fix hair first. That's what I did. The rest can wait for now.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've got decent facial structure, it's the shitty hair that takes away from my face.

Hair over everything

Reactions: Emu

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplant. My donor is good enough that I could get back to a receded look with decent density. Some hair is better than no hair. You can get results even at high Norwoods if you are conservative about your expectations.

Attachments

• curtis_031.jpg
    curtis_031.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 559
  • curtis_011.jpg
    curtis_011.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 605

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty lucky regarding facial features, so most probably I will choose big hair transplant (like 8000-10 000 grafts, including all donor and facial hairs) over cosmetic surgery. Then I will get permanent SMP on the whole area to increase the illusion of density. Besides that I will be taking potent AR-blockers for the rest of my life to prevent further thinning.

Last edited:

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm a transplant away from thick nw1.5. Looking at about 12k in u.s.
. Face of a prince, but my hair really takes away from my look. I used to get so many compliments on my hair, now girls look at it with squinted eyes n then just look away n don't say anything. My small face doesn't look good with a big *** forehead. And thin, to boot.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair trumps every other facial feature. When the hair is missing the face doesn't look as good. Lack of hair shows up your features.

Get hair first man and your face will improve over night.

Distressed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair trumps every other facial feature. When the hair is missing the face doesn't look as good. Lack of hair shows up your features.

Get hair first man and your face will improve over night.
I call BS on this one
I've seen dudes with great looking hair and still look ugly as f***

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I call BS on this one

Ya it totally depends on the face in question, some guys including even white, Indian, Arab and East Asian guys look better bald/shaved. Not all or even most by any means but definitely a significant number.

Distressed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya it totally depends on the face in question, some guys including even white, Indian, Arab and East Asian guys look better bald/shaved. Not all or even most by any means but definitely a significant number.
Agreed. (Don't forget black men, we pull that off like it's nothing, but not all of us were blessed with good head shapes, including me)

Face/head structure is key. Hair is a factor too, but if you were busted as sh*t without hair, you're still gonna be busted as sh*t with it.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya true, sorry to leave you out. I was just thinking tonight, I think a lot of the reason shaved heads were assumed as the norm for black guys is because due to racist white supremacist hair standards pretty much anything black guys did with their hair was seen as "unprofessional" and "ghetto." Now that WS is losing its death grip on all of western cultures a lot of black guys are trying styles with their hair that would have been condemned 50 years ago. Downside of that is that it's making it harder for black guys suffering alopecia, since now more people expect to see hair on black guys :/ so my sympathies.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I call BS on this one

No Bs man. I saw this happen to my older brother. With hair his looks were ok passable.

When he lost his hair suddenly his eyes and nose was the main features you saw. Every little flaw really showed up..

The same thing started to happen to me until I had transplants and suddenly what do you know my looks returned..

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I call BS on this one

This is the biggest BS of all, the complete opposite of everything we learn from this forum and life in general.

Sure there's some ugly as f*** 3/10 guys with hair, and without it? They barely even get a score. No longer even human.

That's the whole point. I'm reading some super blue pill cope in here, white guys, Arab guys and Indian guys look better bald?!? Hahahaha.

Exclude the only guys (black) who get away with looking decent bald, but better?!

This thread is bizarro world.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the biggest BS of all, the complete opposite of everything we learn from this forum and life in general.

Sure there's some ugly as f*** 3/10 guys with hair, and without it? They barely even get a score. No longer even human.

That's the whole point. I'm reading some super blue pill cope in here, white guys, Arab guys and Indian guys look better bald?!? Hahahaha.

Exclude the only guys (black) who get away with looking decent bald, but better?!

This thread is bizarro world.

Great reading comprehension brah, that must get you far in discussions on Reddit.

I never said those ethnic groups as a whole look better, if you read what I said I actually stated the opposite, rather that individuals in those groups CAN look better. Jason Statham looked goofy with hair. "But most white guys aren't Jason Statham!" No sh*t Sherlock, I never said they were, but Jason Statham is Jason Statham and if you're saying that he's the singular white guy in the entire history of light skinned European people to look better without hair then I am going to call bullshit. Most guys look worse bald but not all, and yes a few lucky fellows rock it better.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great reading comprehension brah, that must get you far in discussions on Reddit.

I never said those ethnic groups as a whole look better, if you read what I said I actually stated the opposite, rather that individuals in those groups CAN look better. Jason Statham looked goofy with hair. "But most white guys aren't Jason Statham!" No sh*t Sherlock, I never said they were, but Jason Statham is Jason Statham and if you're saying that he's the singular white guy in the entire history of light skinned European people to look better without hair then I am going to call bullshit. Most guys look worse bald but not all, and yes a few lucky fellows rock it better.

And neither did I say you were claiming all members of each group looks better, but if you think any significant number look better bald you are kidding yourself and coping. The only guys who somewhat get away with it are black guys, and ironically you left them out at first.

White and Indian guys in particular will nearly always look worse. With super human genetics they might not drop much in levels of attractiveness, but usually they are going to drop 2 points minimum, as much as 4 or 5.

In fact many on here have understandably argued you NEVER look "better" bald, if incredibly fortunate you will look the same, but never better. And think about that, if you actually do have sh*t hair, you can buzz it short to stubble, and still have a frame on your face. Without hair, you just have a shiny cueball.

This guy looks "goofy" with hair?

london1.jpg

He's like an 8, maybe 9! Statham is one of the best looking bald guys going and he still currently is only a 7. (Vin Diesel for example would be lucky to be considered a 6). Women like his appeal because he's really one of the few white bald guys who are still bangable, so his value inflates. As a normal guy, not a movie star, this dude is not ending up with Kelly Brook or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley:

Jason-Statham-01_3326637b.jpg

I mean fine you didn't say they "all" look better but by making a blanket statement "White guys can look better bald" you put it out there as a vaguely general possibility for most dudes to aim for, in reality this is incredibly rare, arguably never happens. Even by saying a "significant number" I mean that's bullshit too, it's definitely not a significant number.

Now you've got it right, most bald guys look worse bald.