If You Use Minoxidil Once A Day, Get In Here For Meh

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would prefer answers from people who've had some sort of results, either in the form of maintenance or regrowth.

How much do you use since you're using it once a day? Are you consistent with using it at the same time, or do you just do something like right before you go to bed, whenever that may be? Feel free to let us know how it's been, also.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would prefer answers from people who've had some sort of results, either in the form of maintenance or regrowth.

How much do you use since you're using it once a day? Are you consistent with using it at the same time, or do you just do something like right before you go to bed, whenever that may be? Feel free to let us know how it's been, also.

I use once a day mate as id struggle to style my hair in the mornings putting the foam in before so I do it before bed, usually an hour-2 hours before but if I'm busy then 30 mins before bed. I've stopped measuring with the capfuls now and just squirt the foam straight into the hair. I reckon I'm using just over a capful in one sitting. I'm coming up to fourth month and fairly sure I'm seeing gains

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use once a day mate as id struggle to style my hair in the mornings putting the foam in before so I do it before bed, usually an hour-2 hours before but if I'm busy then 30 mins before bed. I've stopped measuring with the capfuls now and just squirt the foam straight into the hair. I reckon I'm using just over a capful in one sitting. I'm coming up to fourth month and fairly sure I'm seeing gains

Very good to hear. I think it's always on the better side when you may be uncertain of gains, but are certain of no huge loss. Do you cover most of your head? Godspeed, my friend.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i use it once a day, at night. could be a couple of hours before bed, could be a minute before... sometimes i completely forget aout it and then am reminded by taking a look at this website lol. i use 4ml, 2ml on the crown and 2ml on the hairline. liquid. have good maintenence plus a bit of regrowth, been using for 2 1/2 years.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My brother uses it once a day only on the hairline and he has had great regrowth.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good to hear. I think it's always on the better side when you may be uncertain of gains, but are certain of no huge loss. Do you cover most of your head? Godspeed, my friend.

Just cover my crown and my hairline mate as it's just a little thin on crown and lost some at the temples. Hoping this stuff will help...take pic once a month, that's what I'm doing but varies on most people on If and when you get regrowth. Some notice a couple months in and some 4-6 months in

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think once vs twice a day is a useless debate, what matters is dosage.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think once vs twice a day is a useless debate, what matters is dosage.

Not useless, using it once a day is probably a little less effective even at the same dosage. That said I use it only once a day because I'm willing to give up a little hair for the convenience. And I do think it's just a little.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me applying once vs. twice a day never mattered. I sometimes apply it twice a day but on weekdays since I am working I usually apply once I get home. I also like applying a few hours before bed so it dries fully.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not useless, using it once a day is probably a little less effective even at the same dosage. That said I use it only once a day because I'm willing to give up a little hair for the convenience. And I do think it's just a little.
Do you think it's possible that having, say, used it twice/day to get back to reasonable coverage, you could switch to once/day to maintain?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you think it's possible that having, say, used it twice/day to get back to reasonable coverage, you could switch to once/day to maintain?

I would imagine that if you doubled the amount of ml for that one application, or perhaps even increased it a little past that, then yeah that could work. Understanding that without finasteride (which I am not taking) over time you'll lose hair anyway.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would imagine that if you doubled the amount of ml for that one application, or perhaps even increased it a little past that, then yeah that could work. Understanding that without finasteride (which I am not taking) over time you'll lose hair anyway.
Yeah. I'm getting back on finasteride soon. Have experienced a bit of thickening up on min alone so upping the game now.

sinusoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with twice a day and had great results for nearly a year, I've recently switched to once a day and I'm losing a lot of ground even though I apply more on the one application. I don't feel that once a day will be as effective even if that is what you start with, but obviously shaking up a working routine is always a bad idea. I'll be switching back to twice a day soon.

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the halflife for minoxidil is 12 hours but correct me if I am wrong. So ideally the application should be twice a day for effectiveness. I used to apply on my hairline once a day but didn't notice mich results. Switched to twice a day and regrew abit of the temples, though they are starting to recede again.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the halflife for minoxidil is 12 hours but correct me if I am wrong. So ideally the application should be twice a day for effectiveness. I used to apply on my hairline once a day but didn't notice mich results. Switched to twice a day and regrew abit of the temples, though they are starting to recede again.

"Once a day topical use of Rogaine (topical minoxidil 2% and 5%) seems to be almost as effective as using it twice a day. The reason is, that although minoxidil has a relatively short half-life of several hours when given orally, when topically applied, it has a half-life of 22 hours in the skin."

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/rogaine-minoxidil/