If you quit minoxidil Do shedded hairs always grow back?

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering Iv been using minoxidil for a week now once a day and im shedding worse than i thought i would but really soon too i began shedding after the 3rd days use..Im only applying a small amount about .25ml to my temple to test it out i guess on my norwood 2.5 hairline applying it too peach fuzz vellous hairs..the vellous hairs and nearby hairs in the front have thinned out it seems i notice it..and im wondering if i did quit minoxidil would all shedded hiar grow back?..or is there no guarantee that they will grow back..Iv read thew studys on minoxidil and less than 7% say there hair got worse on minoxidil whic is hell of alot lower than the placebo users ..but still..can minoxidil make u just shed and never recover even if u quit?..Im confusedo n how minoxidil makes hair worse i though it regrow hair or just didnt work but make it worse?..i see more posts abou this of course people say propecia is worse for making hair get worse than minoxidil in terms of posts..but..yet i must do something right? if not minoxidil what?..I man spironolactone could do same thing ..Life..:(

G

First off, there are not guarantees on anything in life, let alone hair growth.

Second, it is too soon for you to develop an reliance on minoxidil.

Three, shedding is normal part of hair loss cycle.

Lastly, suggest a DHT inhibitor, minoxidil, and nizoral.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Jason: Read the shedding article at the top of the page. I believe it will clarify and answer allot of those questions.

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I took a break from my minoxidil awhile back, I went off it for about 2.5 weeks due to severe itch and flaking, and it was fine at first. When it got close to the 2 week mark I shed like mad, and alot of my hair on my crown and hairline began thin out. I freaked that my hair was responding in a bad way from no minoxidil, so needless to say I jumped back on it pronto. My hair regained density after getting back on the minoxidil thank goodness.