If you could go back in time and warn yourself...

s.a.f

Reaction score
How can taking a finasteride tablet give you brown teeth?
That is caused by plaque on the outside of the enamel.
You might aswell blame finasteride for greying hair. :shakehead:

finasteride does not cause tooth decay or dandruff. - no way.

See a dentist.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

See a dentist.

finasteride doesn't cause impotence either and the side-effects ALWAYS cease after quitting... :jackit:

slipy

Reaction score
i had a milder version of what can be seen there, went to a dentist for a hygiene procedure and had it taken care of.

theangryone

Reaction score
As it is, I got on finasteride and minoxidil when I was in my early 20s and still NW3. Since then I've moved up to NW4. So I couldn't even maintain with them, so I'm not sure if it would have made a big difference if I got on them when I was 18. Maybe if I got on them when I was 18 I could have delayed my hair loss for a couple years. Instead of becoming NW3 (the point where women stopped wanting me) at age 21, maybe I could have delayed it to age 23 or so, that way I would have been able to at least get fat women for an extra 2 years.

But by now (age 28) I would still be in the same situation, maybe NW3.5 instead of NW4, but I'd still be unable to get any women at all.

So I guess the advice I would give the 18 year old me is "Get on finasteride and minoxidil right now, and have as much sex as you can, because once you hit NW3, even ugly obese women will reject you and the only sex you will ever get will be from hookers".

slipy

Reaction score
don't you think you're exagerating just a little bit. many would overlook a Norwood 3 and having a perfect hairline isn't be all and end all.

Norwood 4 is when you don't have anything in front, you're officially bald and it's game over.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
s.a.f said:

See a dentist.

finasteride doesn't cause impotence either and the side-effects ALWAYS cease after quitting... :jackit:

Well explain to me then how taking finasteride gives you bad teeth? :whistle:

Women all have low DHT how come their teeth are ok?

While your at it explain how Fins effects can still be around years after taking the stuff? Seems like a scientific impossibility to me.

theangryone

Reaction score
slipy said:
don't you think you're exagerating just a little bit. many would overlook a Norwood 3 and having a perfect hairline isn't be all and end all.

Norwood 4 is when you don't have anything in front, you're officially bald and it's game over.

I'm not exaggerating because NW3 WAS when I was no longer able to get women. Not all NW3s are equal. I had easily noticeable vertex thinning on top of having an NW3 hairline. Some people who are NW3 have no diffuse thinning or vertex thinning and maybe they can pass but that wasn't the case for me back then.

So for me NW3 was game over, NW4 was just another nail in the coffin.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Well explain to me then how taking finasteride gives you bad teeth? :whistle:

Women all have low DHT how come their teeth are ok?

While your at it explain how Fins effects can still be around years after taking the stuff? Seems like a scientific impossibility to me.

Just because a complete novice like me can't explain it doesn't make it impossible. finasteride does a lot of stuff that can't be explained, not even by scientists. Messing with your sex hormones is a gamble and it seems no one really knows what all can happen when you suppress a hormone that should naturally be there. Since we started on this route; perhaps you can explain why my teeth suddenly became rotten after using finasteride, when I ate loads of garbage before and had good teeth? We're not talking about one tooth here, it affects all of them.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
[
Just because a complete novice like me can't explain it doesn't make it impossible. finasteride does a lot of stuff that can't be explained, not even by scientists. Messing with your sex hormones is a gamble and it seems no one really knows what all can happen when you suppress a hormone that should naturally be there. Since we started on this route; perhaps you can explain why my teeth suddenly became rotten after using finasteride, when I ate loads of garbage before and had good teeth? We're not talking about one tooth here, it affects all of them.

Is plaque influenced by DHT? I dont think so.
Whatever effect finasteride has it can only effect the body whilst its in the system.
If I drink 10 pints I'll be pi55ed but I wont still be drunk 2 yrs later. If I take tablets to lower blood pressure the effect only lasts long as I stay on the medication. (Thats why medication has to be taken continuosly) finasteride only stays in the system for less than 48hrs.

Obviously your level of plaque built up whilst you were eating that garbage, peoples teeth do get worse with age despite them being cleaned every day. Nothing unusual about that.

If you're really worried about it ask your dentist. I think he'll have a good laugh at your theory.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I can see GHG at 80 yrs old blaming finasteride for needing a hip replacement or a pacemaker.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plague? Who the hell said anything about plague? I don't have excess plague, my teeth are just brown and see-through on the tips.

powersam

Reaction score
ghg said:
Plague? Who the hell said anything about plague? I don't have excess plague, my teeth are just brown and see-through on the tips.

Plaque...

slipy

Reaction score
if i met my alternate self i'd kick him in the balls real hard. i'd put all my hatred into that kick, inflicting severe damage, thus the defunct balls would no longer be capable of doing harm to my prescious hair. then i'd say "you two c****'' and spit them in the face.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
God these people have no imagination.

I go back 10 years and tell myself to not waste money on paying student loans, spend all the money buying BITCOIN back when it was worth less than a dollar.

Then say "oh by the way, get on Propecia at 25 you will notice balding at 30"

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 Invest in bitcoin
2Pop finasteride early

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
invest in bitcoin, develop Uber, save a few people.

warn myself away from accutane and also explain how finasteride should be started as soon as you feel any thinning