If You Are Feeling Hopeless Read This ! (psychological Effects Of Hair Loss)

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will most likely be my last ever thread on here as I have moved on from letting hair loss control me, so with that said I'd like to share my story in hopes to help some younger guys (or even older guys) suffering with having hair loss affect them.

Before I start I want to say that I'm not bashing finasteride or any other treatments, I'm just giving my experience. So before any of the finasteride popping bros come at me with "you're wrong" or "it's been proven to re grow hair" just save yourself the time and go back to getting hair transplants, popping pills and rubbing topics on your head. But hey, each to their own, if treatment is working for you or making you feel better then I'm happy for you.

Now with that out of the way I'll begin with my story. Around 16 I was absolutely devastated when I found out I was losing my hair (just like anyone would be) and I began freaking out and becoming extremely stressed. I actually came on this forum under a different name (which I have long lost) and posted pictures, everyone right away recommending finasteride and rogaine. This eventually lead me down a dark road of depression and becoming obsessed with my hair, or even just hair and hair loss in general. Couple of years later I started taking finasteride believing the hype or be the holy grail of hair loss cures. A year goes by and my hair is the exact same, so I thought I'd give it another year or so. Another years goes by and still no changes, no further hair loss, but no improvements either after 24 months. I pretty much knew around the 2 year mark it was completely pointless as it was doing nothing for me, but a small part of me thought that I perhaps maintained my hair on finasteride. After another 18 months or so I finally decided to take the risk to come off it, I wanted to see if I would lose any hair and sure enough I didn't. My hair was pretty much the exact same as it was years prior. And would've been without finasteride.

I've been off finasteride now for around 1.5-2.5 years and still the same. I've been a prisoner to worrying about my hair for far too long but in the end I got over it and I've learned a lot from it. The truth is that there's no mir

And to anyone claiming that "girls don't like bald guys". That's true, SOME girls prefer guys with long hair or short hair. Just like how some girls prefer black guys and how some girls prefer sporty guys, or how others prefer skinny guys or muscular/stockier guys. It's all preference, hair loss is no difference, many women love the bald look. None of this matters anyway, if you can learn good game you'll be able to pick up 80-90% of single women, regardless of what type they're into.

So in the end you have two choices when it comes to hair loss. You can either be miserable and let it dominate your thoughts, or you can become thicker skinned and stop feeling sorry for yourself. I chose the latter and I've never been happier! Good luck to everyone.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you started losing hair at 16 and you're hair is still like it was, but how old are you now?

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you started losing hair at 16 and you're hair is still like it was, but how old are you now?
24, may have receded slightly but it's hard to tell, maybe from a NW2 to NW2.5, hair still thick on top though. The mental ease is the thing I take from this though, not the fact I still have my hair. I could go bald tomorrow and not have it bother me, just move on.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
24, may have receded slightly but it's hard to tell, maybe from a NW2 to NW2.5, hair still thick on top though. The mental ease is the thing I take from this though, not the fact I still have my hair. I could go bald tomorrow and not have it bother me, just move on.

I'm glad you're at ease, but I'm not there yet. I'm still hoping finasteride will work.

16 is a really early age to begin losing hair. I started noticing hair loss at 22. I'm now 44 and still not "bald" looking to most, I'm about a 3 vertex. If I don't have success with finasteride though I will be bald by 50.

I guess I should count my blessings.