If there is an external treatment to shut down the androgen receptors on the scalp, will it be better than CRISPR/gene editing as a permanent cure?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, the study to be posted is

Androgen receptor knockout and knock-in mouse models​

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure you can force human into a certain direction, just like when we breed other animals, humans aren't different in that way. We are all animals. So why not breed people with only good hair.

But for now we have to settle with autologous and allogenic transplants as the "lastest of the greatest".
Lol I mean it's never gonna happen. Maybe one day we'll edit all the babies to not have any baldness genes but that's about it

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We could build a time machine and kill the first mutant before it spreads the baldness gene.
Then some guys will get wiped from reality like snapped by Thanos as they could never be born in the timeline. Also I don't the think the mutation started in only one guy as almost every race today have male pattern baldness. It could be a group mutation back then.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt if his true intention is to cure balding...just look at his own hair lol
I know this is hard to believe, but some people don't really give a sh*t about losing their hair and don't take any time out of their days thinking about it or allowing it to be a focal point of their lives. The two twins in China that were "designed" were done so because one of the parents had HIV, so they edited the HIV out of the embryos.

The vast majority of scientists in that guys position don't give a sh*t about hairloss. Most of them have dedicated their lives to researching cancers and terminal genetic conditions.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is hard to believe, but some people don't really give a sh*t about losing their hair and don't take any time out of their days thinking about it or allowing it to be a focal point of their lives. The two twins in China that were "designed" were done so because one of the parents had HIV, so they edited the HIV out of the embryos.

The vast majority of scientists in that guys position don't give a sh*t about hairloss. Most of them have dedicated their lives to researching cancers and terminal genetic conditions.
Alexey is balding too

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet he's only working part time at Stemson while he does other research at his lab..
he looks average, he didnt answer me on facebook, i send him a few questions about year ago
he should hire our borther Tsuji:)

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an excellent question, but again scientists, doctors won’t touch it because of the possible permanent damage to humans. This is why although estrogen helps regrow hair in males doctors don’t recommend it. They consider hairloss cosmetic.
But having said that, yes we need to get the androgens someway out of the male scalp. Along that line Ketoconazole which scientists say grows hair though I thought it was only anti-fungal, also disrupts DHT/ androgen synthesis similar to Finasteride. Orally in high dosage even prostate patients are prescribed it, though topically it doesn’t go systemic.
it seems to me the Test/EST ratios is a major key in thick hair. Also blood flow another.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an excellent question, but again scientists, doctors won’t touch it because of the possible permanent damage to humans. This is why although estrogen helps regrow hair in males doctors don’t recommend it. They consider hairloss cosmetic.
But having said that, yes we need to get the androgens someway out of the male scalp. Along that line Ketoconazole which scientists say grows hair though I thought it was only anti-fungal, also disrupts DHT/ androgen synthesis similar to Finasteride. Orally in high dosage even prostate patients are prescribed it, though topically it doesn’t go systemic.
it seems to me the Test/EST ratios is a major key in thick hair. Also blood flow another.
Why would it cause possible permanent damage if it is only for external use like putting a cream on your scalp?