If Only This Stupid Disease Stopped At Like Norwood 3.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
its over if you get NW2. Sure no one will say you are a balding man but it is hairline of the beta male. Most cannot pull it off before 35. the only acceptable hairline for dating is NW1.

A strong NW2 hairline is fine

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to take the thread off track but what made you decide to not use minoxidil after your transplant? just don't see the need? sides?
Pretty much. After the transplant I felt relieved and I'm ready to move on from the "hair loss" phase of my life.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
its over if you get NW2. Sure no one will say you are a balding man but it is hairline of the beta male. Most cannot pull it off before 35. the only acceptable hairline for dating is NW1.
Lol wtf.

Personally I think some men can look better with some slight recession at the temples rather than a juvenile straight across hairline. It can kinda give you a cool "edge" (hope that didn't sound edgy lol) to your look. Problem is though that it doesn't stop there.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of men who have NW2-3 don't seem to consider themselves balding. They just think their hairline matured and that's how they're supposed to look. The human mind has a strong coping mechanism.
For sure. I was in denial of my hair loss for quite some time. The hair covering my forehead turned thinner and wispier over time, and I was like "huh, whatever I guess" or "probably just vitamins or stress or something, I can reverse it if I want to, I read something about scalp massages fixing the issue". Even once I was like "if it is in fact balding I'll just shave it bro". My mother once just straight up sent me to the doctor because the hair was starting to look so thin (in the end the hair at my forehead looked like a barcode), and he was like "yeah it's probably balding srry. maybe vitamins will help but idk probably not". I still would not fully believe it was in fact androgenic alopecia.

Then we had picture day at school under these fcking bright lights and holy fck what they say about lighting making hair loss look worse is not a joke. That's when I more or less accepted that it was more than "muh vitamins and stress".

But even THEN I was still apprehensive about considering myself to be "balding" and that it was "just receding" and that it may "just stop there bro".

Last edited:

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If hair loss stopped at like NW3 or 4 it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry. It'd be left as a trivia fact known by some people in the health, beauty or fitness industry, along with a handful of incels who'd be blaming their ''subhuman hairline'' instead of their high standards and mental issues for their failures.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
If hair loss stopped at like NW3 or 4 it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry. It'd be left as a trivia fact known by some people in the health, beauty or fitness industry, along with a handful of incels who'd be blaming their ''subhuman hairline'' instead of their high standards and mental issues for their failures.
I feel like if it went all the way to NW4 then transplants would be a lot more popular than irl, since it would be at the stage where it still looks pretty bad, but would be much easier to fix than a full on NW6-7. The donor area would be larger as well, since you could then safely transplant hair from the midscalp region along with from the horseshoe region. So you could just get an FUE or two done and you'd be set for life with a full head of hair, with no need to worry about further loss. And there would be no need to take meds.

Another interesting point would be if people would still use minoxidil and finasteride for hair loss. Those drugs would still exist in this alternate timeline, since they were developed for purposes other than hair loss, but I don't know if they would be implemented for fighting hair loss by the industry. Maybe a few people whom really don't want to get a transplant would take them off-label.

Personally I would just let myself reach NW4 and then opt for a really good FUE, just so that I wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

Last edited:

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like if it went all the way to NW4 then transplants would be a lot more popular than nowadays, since it would be at the stage where it still looks pretty bad, but would be much easier to fix than a full on NW6-7. The donor area would be larger as well, since you could then safely transplant hair from the midscalp region along with from the horseshoe region. So you could just get an FUE or two done and you'd be set for life with a full head of hair, with no need to worry about further loss. And there would be no need to take meds.

Another interesting point would be if people would still use minoxidil and finasteride for hair loss. Those drugs would still exist in this alternate timeline, since they were developed for purposes other than hair loss, but I don't know if they would be implemented for fighting hair loss by the industry. Maybe a few people whom really don't want to get a transplant would take them off-label.

Personally I would just let myself reach NW4 and then opt for a really good FUE, just so that I wouldn't have to think about it anymore.
Yeah that's a good point, maybe hair transplants would be more popular since they'd be cheaper (You wouldn't need many grafts to go from NW4 to 3) and a no brainer. In my opinion hair loss meds would exist but they wouldn't be seen as something so necessary. I feel like the greatest problem of having a NW4 isn't the hairline per se but the stigma of being so close to going fully bald. A nicely styled NW4 can look decent and some men can pull a badly styled NW4 alright.

Take this politician from my country (Argentina) for example:

nWzBDSXP_400x400.jpg

Dude's a textbook NW4A and he manages to pull it off decently.

Or Jude Law, the king of coverup game:

cde3c7e478c636c24c73317062c7ccd4.jpg

1980s Phil Collins after he discovered pomade:

674full-phil-collins.jpg

Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good point, maybe hair transplants would be more popular since they'd be cheaper (You wouldn't need many grafts to go from NW4 to 3) and a no brainer. In my opinion hair loss meds would exist but they wouldn't be seen as something so necessary. I feel like the greatest problem of having a NW4 isn't the hairline per se but the stigma of being so close to going fully bald. A nicely styled NW4 can look decent and some men can pull a badly styled NW4 alright.
Hair transplants in a world where hair loss stopped at NW3-4 would probably just be the same as getting your teeth fixed or something like that. Man that would be a nice world to live in lol.

Yeah, NW4 is like when the pressure to just shave it bro start to come in full force for real. Before that you can still get away with a lot of hairstyles, but NW4 is the crossroad from being able to pull off having hair, or being pressured to shave it bro (it is in the smack middle of the Norwood scale so it is kinda logical). Like, it's still possible to have grown out hair, but at the same time it is kinda difficult, if that makes sense.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplants in a world where hair loss stopped at NW3-4 would probably just be the same as getting your teeth fixed or something like that. Man that would be a nice world to live in lol.

Yeah, NW4 is like when the pressure to just shave it bro start to come in full force for real. Before that you can still get away with a lot of hairstyles, but NW4 is the crossroad from being able to pull off having hair, or being pressured to shave it bro (it is in the smack middle of the Norwood scale so it is kinda logical). Like, it's still possible to have grown out hair, but at the same time it is kinda difficult, if that makes sense.
I agree, to me there wouldn't be as much pressure to shave it if it just stopped after NW4 tho. People who looked nice bald like Bruce Willis, Travolta, Michael Jordan or Vin Diesel could shave if they wanted and those who had weirdly shaped heads could choose to get a transplant or spend more time and money styling their hair.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or Jude Law, the king of coverup game:

View attachment 153419
I'm wondering what Jude Law is doing, he's been a NW4 for many years now (though he doesn't seem to have the bald spot at the back so maybe not a true NW4) but it has just stayed there, even though he quite rapidly became NW4. You would think he would be close to bald by now. Maybe he just got on meds too late.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering what Jude Law is doing, he's been a NW4 for many years now (though he doesn't seem to have the bald spot at the back so maybe not a true NW4) but it has just stayed there, even though he quite rapidly became NW4. You would think he would be close to bald by now. Maybe he just got on meds too late.
Who knows? Maybe he's not a good responder to meds or just didn't care, since he's aesthetic as f***. He can even manage to look good with a styled up NW4 for christ's sake. His dad is fully bald.

HhwzOGEccKMKXI_Dp7bxsKdw4s94Oh0qCFWlVZJOrrFDjFgJ3U.jpg

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I feel like if it went all the way to NW4 then transplants would be a lot more popular than irl, since it would be at the stage where it still looks pretty bad, but would be much easier to fix than a full on NW6-7. The donor area would be larger as well, since you could then safely transplant hair from the midscalp region along with from the horseshoe region. So you could just get an FUE or two done and you'd be set for life with a full head of hair, with no need to worry about further loss. And there would be no need to take meds.

I think finasteride and minoxidil would become obsolete. Transplants, particularly FUEs, are pretty painless and seamless at the moment (especially from elite doctors). In 10 days your donor area is, typically, healed enough where you can resume normal day to day life.

The trade-off period of looking a bit "weird" post transplant vs dumping minoxidil on my head and popping finasteride pills every day is a no brainer.

You would just have FUE clinics that could fix you up to a dense Norwood 2 in one pass, and you would be done for life.

Truly would be the dream. :cool:

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A NW2 hairline is not that bad once you get into your 30s. A good income, physique, style, can make up for it. And you don't need all of them, just one will do. NW0/NW1, while ideal for dating, really starts to backfire on you as you climb the corporate ladder later on. A bit of very minor recession can strike a good balance of respect and attractiveness, to the average face.