If Only This Stupid Disease Stopped At Like Norwood 3.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
yspmtq8t2ym41.jpg

If male pattern baldness either stopped at crown thinning or hairline receding I think that this site, or any other site, wouldn't exist. I think there are functionally no negative effects, socially, dating wise, professionally, whatever, in this state.

Even with a receded hairline you can still look good with the right haircut and everything else in place. Even with crown thinning you can sprinkle some toppik on it and it's fine.

It's the stupid fact that this disease, for some unlucky people, goes all the way to Norwood 7 when there is nothing left you can do. I have never seen anyone who lost hair in like some mid Norwood level that I thought the person was severely disadvantaged at all.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heads up dude and be a man, you are not alone and surrounded by hundred of million maybe even in billion numbers, it's not the end of the world and your not gonna get another life anyways, do the best you can with what you got and that's kind of it, the rest it's just blabbering, everybody knows it, one day people will evolve more and we will have a bigger picture about this problem, it's just not the time unfortunately...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I understand one just has to deal with it, just the philosophy of it, how much of a joke Norwood 7 looks like, at least if it stopped at Norwood 3 you could just have some dignity left with the process.

prince-william-hair.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand one just has to deal with it, just the philosophy of it, how much of a joke Norwood 7 looks like, at least if it stopped at Norwood 3 you could just have some dignity left with the process.

View attachment 143824

Absolutely ridiculous.

What's funny is that everybody gives this "poor" guy as an example and in reality he has a much greater life than a lot of people and it seems that random people over the internet suffer much more about his hairloss than himself, it's actually hilarious...

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
What's funny is that everybody give this "poor" guy as an example and in reality he has a much greater life than a lot of people and it seems that random people over the internet suffer much more about his hairloss than himself, it's actually hilarious...

Well of course, he was born with perhaps the greatest privilege out of anyone in the world. Bald or not. Just look at the pictures as if he was another anonymous guy on the street.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well of course, he was born with perhaps the greatest privilege out of anyone in the world. Bald or not. Just look at the pictures as if he was another anonymous guy on the street.

Of course he would have had a different life taking away his heritage and privileges but that does not mean that he would have ended here whining continuously on the hairloss forum, that's just what people that are miserable would like to think, he maybe would have had a great life anyways, or maybe not, who knows, i don't think you or i anyways, we can only assume and i already know your assumptions so don't bother...

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Of course he would have had a different life taking away his heritage and privileges but that does not mean that he would have ended here whining continuously on the hairloss forum, that's just what people that are miserable would like to think, he maybe would have had a great life anyways, or maybe not, who knows, i don't think you or i anyways, we can only assume and i already know your assumptions so don't bother...

That wasn't my point at all. My point was the horseshoe just looks absolutely terrible, regardless if you're a future king or a plumber. That one person can choose to whine about it, or not, I would hope they choose not to and move on with their lives.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That wasn't my point at all. My point was the horseshoe just looks absolutely terrible, regardless if you're a future king or a plumber. That one person can choose to whine about it, or not, I would hope they choose not to and move on with their lives.

He is not tanned, he is tall and white, does not keep good care of his body, he wears those shitty ugly suits every single f*****g day, he does not have not even the slightest beard. There are ways around it but not everybody wants to take them, some just go with the flow and i think that it's more important to him the attributions that he has, the beautiful kids and wife he has on which she is cheating recently from what i have heard :D

But yeah, it is what it is...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
He is not tanned, he is tall and white, does not keep good care of his body, he wears those shitty ugly suits every single f*****g day, he does not have not even the slightest beard. There are ways around it but not everybody wants to take them, some just go with the flow and i think that it's more important to him the attributions that he has, the beautiful kids and wife he has on which she is cheating recently from what i have heard :D

But yeah, it is what it is...

Yeah it's a pity he let himself go, Kate after 3 kids is still looking after herself quite well.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's a pity he let himself go, Kate after 3 kids is still looking after herself quite well.

I really don't think he is letting himself go, he is just "normal" considering the circumstances he has around, his life is very very different from a normal man, he does not get to do what he wants that's the problem, they have bigger things going on besides looking like a model dude, not everybody is born or is eager for that, some just live their lives and make the best with what they got regardless, i know you won't get it now but with time i'm sure you will see things differently also, it's just the way it goes, time and experience is the best teacher whatever others will tell you now or regardless of how you see things at your age, it's normal and that's that...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I really don't think he is letting himself go, he is just "normal" considering the circumstances he has around, his life is very very different from a normal man, he does not get to do what he wants that's the problem, they have bigger things going on besides looking like a model dude, not everybody is born or is eager for that, some just live their lives and make the best with what they got regardless, i know you won't get it now but with time i'm sure you will see things differently also, it's just the way it goes, time and experience is the best teacher whatever others will tell you now or regardless of how you see things at your age, it's normal and that's that...

I understand completely that he doesn't need to do anything, I mean he has everything he could ever want, priorities change as you get older.

Harry on the other hand seems to at least be somewhat more concerned, the beard suits him well, he dresses a little better, I read he has already inquired with some clinics about things for his hair loss, which has gotten quite worse unfortunately.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand completely that he doesn't need to do anything, I mean he has everything he could ever want, priorities change as you get older.

Harry on the other hand seems to at least be somewhat more concerned, the beard suits him well, he dresses a little better, I read he has already inquired with some clinics about things for his hair loss, which has gotten quite worse unfortunately.

Harry "left" the royal duties, he is younger, has other mindset, everyone is different, he has more hair to save and it's easier, who knows what future will hold for him also, what's important is that it does not interfere with their daily activities and lives and i think that this should be the case for everybody, regardless if they trying to save their hair or not...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Harry "left" the royal duties, he is younger, has other mindset, everyone is different, he has more hair to save and it's easier, who knows what future will hold for him also, what's important is that it does not interfere with their daily activities and lives and i think that this should be the case for everybody, regardless if they trying to save their hair or not...

That's true I agree.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like if male pattern baldness stopped at NW2-3 the term "male pattern baldness" or "androgenetic alopecia" wouldn't even exist, it would just be something that "just" happens. The term "receding hairline" would still exist, but more as just a layman term for the process. The process would maybe be like a footnote in scientific literature, ie:

"... in individuals with a genetic predisposition, the hair above the temples can recede back. This process is often associated with aging, though the process has been known to happen in people even as young as their teens. A sensitivity to the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which binds to the hair follicles above the temples and miniaturizes them over time, seems to be the culprit behind this process."

Hair transplants would still exist though, especially if it reached the NW3 stage (a true NW3, which is when the recession reaches the beginning of the ears). I mean, the Peter Venkman hairline isn't exactly ideal lol. But you could just get an FUE or two done, and you'd be set for life, not having to ever think about your hairline ever again.

I don't think any of the issues with identity and that stuff would exist. Some, especially young people, would feel pretty self concious, but like I wrote above, you could relatively easily get it fixed through a transplant. Man life would be so much better if hair loss didn't have to reach the stupid horseshoe stage.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 143824

Absolutely ridiculous.
thats indeed shocking to look at. however, self hatred is the worst. take finasteride if you like but at least have to decency to love yourself.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like if male pattern baldness stopped at NW2-3 the term "male pattern baldness" or "androgenetic alopecia" wouldn't even exist, it would just be something that "just" happens. The term "receding hairline" would still exist, but more as just a layman term for the process. The process would maybe be like a footnote in scientific literature, ie:

"... in individuals with a genetic predisposition, the hair above the temples can recede back. This process is often associated with aging, though the process has been known to happen in people even as young as their teens. A sensitivity to the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which binds to the hair follicles above the temples and miniaturizes them over time, seems to be the culprit behind this process."

Hair transplants would still exist though, especially if it reached the NW3 stage (a true NW3, which is when the recession reaches the beginning of the ears). I mean, the Peter Venkman hairline isn't exactly ideal lol. But you could just get an FUE or two done, and you'd be set for life, not having to ever think about your hairline ever again.

I don't think any of the issues with identity and that stuff would exist. Some, especially young people, would feel pretty self concious, but like I wrote above, you could relatively easily get it fixed through a transplant. Man life would be so much better if hair loss didn't have to reach the stupid horseshoe stage.
well, most balding guys reach nw4 only by their 40's. so its kinda natural. only early balders get the real damage

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
well, most balding guys reach nw4 only by their 40's. so its kinda natural. only early balders get the real damage
Yeah it's definitely worse the younger you are, but it is still bad even when you are older. Hair is an important aspect for your self-image and appearance at any age.

Though if I had started balding at like 35+, when it is considered normal, instead of at 15-16 like I did, I would have hated it still and fought it, but I would have felt more like a normal guy instead of some anomaly.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's definitely worse the younger you are, but it is still bad even when you are older. Hair is an important aspect for your self-image and appearance at any age.

Though if I had started balding at like 35+, when it is considered normal, instead of at 15-16 like I did, I would have hated it still and fought it, but I would have felt more like a normal guy instead of some anomaly.
I noticed that a lot of men who have NW2-3 don't seem to consider themselves balding. They just think their hairline matured and that's how they're supposed to look. The human mind has a strong coping mechanism.