If Ketokonazole Shampoo Is Proven To Block Androgen Receptor,then What If I Discontinue Minoxidil?

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
If ketokonazole is proven to block androgen /dht receptor upto an extend or may be completely on scalp ( atleast for some people), then what happens if they stop using minoxidil immediately when they start ketokonazole and prevent their regrown hair with ketokonazole rest of their life?

Last edited:

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean....I just want to prove that ketokonazole shampoo doesn't supress DHT on scalp...read what I have written completely before arguing.
I read your post and it made no sense so I asked you a question, I wasn't arguing but now I will.
Ketoconazole is an anti androgen that has evidence of promoting hair growth in humans, that we know. But everybody that isn't a noob to these forums knows that a 1 or even 2 percent shampoo( which I'm assuming you're referring to) 3x a week isn't nearly strong enough to stop hair loss on its own. It's generally used as an aid to stronger treatments. So you're not going to prove anything. I can give you some more information on ketoconazole if you'd like.

Last edited:

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read your post and it made no sense so I asked you a question, I wasn't arguing but now I will.
Ketoconazole is an anti androgen that has evidence of promoting hair growth in humans, that we know. But everybody that isn't a noob to these forums knows that a 1 or even 2 percent shampoo( which I'm assuming you're referring to) 3x a week isn't nearly strong enough to stop hair loss on its own. It's generally used as an aid to stronger treatments. So you're not going to prove anything. I can give you some more information on ketoconazole if you'd like.

So then what's the logic behind ketokonazole supress dht if it cannot prevent the hairs regrown by minoxidil due to DHT.???
Please think.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even Finasteride or Dutasteride can save Minoxidl-induced hair growth ... it's a completely different mechanism by which Minoxidil works ...

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even Finasteride or Dutasteride can save Minoxidl-induced hair growth ... it's a completely different mechanism by which Minoxidil works ...
Minoxidil only increase bloodflow...I have been balding since 7 years...and I have enough researches....please to treat me as a ddooood...

Minoxidil only delays time for maximum 4 years if lucky...
But why can t keto
prevent minoxidil regrown hairs for dht?

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because nothing can ... minoxidil-induced growth is minoxidil-specific, period. It would only be logical to assume that 5-ARis would maintain the regrowth, but it just isn't the case, nobody kows why exactly.

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because nothing can ... minoxidil-induced growth is minoxidil-specific, period. It would only be logical to assume that 5-ARis would maintain the regrowth, but it just isn't the case, nobody kows why exactly.

So you admit that ketokonazole is useless

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keto shampoo won’t do sh*t for blocking receptors from DHT . It is an extremely mild AA at very best.

Your gains from minoxidil are purely because of increased blood flow. When you stop using minoxidil and that increased blood flow seizes, the hair that regrew and benefited will be starved of that blood supply and fall out - it won’t be protected from an AA as it’s likely what forever reason extremely sensitive.

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keto shampoo won’t do sh*t for blocking receptors from DHT . It is an extremely mild AA at very best.

Your gains from minoxidil are purely because of increased blood flow. When you stop using minoxidil and that increased blood flow seizes, the hair that regrew and benefited will be starved of that blood supply and fall out - it won’t be protected from an AA as it’s likely what forever reason extremely sensitive.
Then what about the research results from ketokonazole...even many has regrown their thinned hair.
How can you say that it won't do anything to androgen receptor?

How can you prove it against proved?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then what about the research results from ketokonazole...even many has regrown their thinned hair.
How can you say that it won't do anything to androgen receptor?

How can you prove it against proved?

Quote me 1 research paper that has shown it does anything beneficial for hair . Please don’t be a rat study that uses high doses because rat studies mean nothing.

Even if you use topical AA’s which are much more powerful than keto you won’t save your hair

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quote me 1 research paper that has shown it does anything beneficial for hair . Please don’t be a rat study that uses high doses because rat studies mean nothing.

Even if you use topical AA’s which are much more powerful than keto you won’t save your hair
Can u say why ?

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the most popular study:

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Ketoconazole-shampoo:-effect-of-long-term-use-in-Piérard-franchimont-Doncker/416a8b655ddea22ca5fef18c851bd78b927b181d

It clearly shows at least some benefit, comparable to 2 % minoxidil.

regards
Kaus Klinski
I have a big question...Hope you can answer it in your own perspective.

If Ketokonazole is effective near to 2% minoxidil and since ketokonazole is believed works by blocking androgens from receptors directly or killing androgen receptors temporarily or whatever action to AR,

Do you think then results of ketokonazole lasts longer than minoxidil since minxidil is only a stimulator?

What is your findings on that...can you guess...since no one has used ketokonazole more than a year for Androgenic alopecia.