If it shines is it gone?

Goingat20

Reaction score
I was speaking to a friend who is a stylist at advanced hair ( and she tells me how much of a rip of and scam AHS is ). She told me that if the area shines (under sunlight even) it is gone for good and wont re-grow, what do you guys think?

CCS

Reaction score
that is a general indication, tough I don't think they happen simultaneously. it shines because the sebum glands are producing much more sebum and it is waxy. perhaps some glands could do this before a follicle is completely dead. I don't know if they fully mapped out the life cycle. the wax does not kill the follicle. however, it would be difficult to get rogaine to the follicle if wax is in the way.

i read that once the follicle scars fully, it is dead for good, though i read somewhere that some topicals may reverse scaring, at least in vitro. if the shining is a result of the scaring, then at least with our technology, it is gone. but i saw pics of a guy who regrew most of his hair line from smooth skin using just minoxidil and finasteride. he was a strong responder.

if it shined for 5 years, i'd doubt it growing back.