If I wasn't a social f up ...

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would have had the hottest girl at the bar last night. Granted she was drunk and part of of our group, one of the guys in our group tried to hit on her all night, he is nw1 and a bit taller than me. She wasn't interested in him at all, she only wanted me who is a diffuse thinner, temples are gone, shy, has anxiety problems, has no confidence and guarded. If I was a little less guarded I wouldn't be trying to undo the damage I did last night.

Lesson, you can be the most f'd up person in the world such as myself and girls will still come after you, you just have to have decent social skills. She was aggressive and initiated everything until I started sending her mixed messages. Luckily for me it was after she gave me her number and I gave her mine. I'm nothing special, I can't dance yet she was all over me all I have going for me is I am slightly above average height and can grow a beard. I showed weakness, I said I wasn't into one night stands etc. I made one fatal mistake imo and that is being too guarded.

I've also heard rumors there is another girl after me, I am early 30's both girls are cute. The one from last night is mid 20's the other around the same age.

Not all girls are looking for confident nw1. Maybe I would have being her project I probably will never know if she was into me or not as I reckon the damage is done.

All you have to do is get out there, when girls get drunk they are aggressive. I was nice to her all night I was only too guarded.

I've at least managed to exchange text msg with her today and she remembers last night.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

That's one of the things hairloss does to you, its killing your self image to the point you cannot interact with girls normally, even if you Norwood 2 and 3, I'm 3 and I'm guarded all the time, at least your tall, that's means a lot for a bald guy, you can fit to the tough guy form, but if your short and bald your doomed

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
That's one of the things hairloss does to you, its killing your self image to the point you cannot interact with girls normally, even if you Norwood 2 and 3, I'm 3 and I'm guarded all the time, at least your tall, that's means a lot for a bald guy, you can fit to the tough guy form, but if your short and bald your doomed

true true

but he does have a point

alcohol is an avenue to get girls for us disadvantaged guys

beer goggles . . . . . . . . . make you look okay for one . . . . lol

i can tell my story on how hair loss ruined my chance to lose my virginity if you want

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is a girl that recently left our company and I have had very little interaction with her over the year or so we have worked in the same office.

I've never had alone time with her, normal when I had interaction with her prior to Friday night (always at work) I barely said anything to her and I waited for her to initiate conversation. Nothing personal ever, not even how was your weekend kind of thing.

What I am saying is all girls are different despite what people on here think, some girls like guys that are cocky and full of themselves some don't, same deal with hair.

Present yourself in the best way possible via dressing etc and social skill (I need to work on this). If you only want to have one night stand find a wasted chick I am sure it won't take much, but I am not into that ****.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bbs, regarding height, try hitting on a lot shorter woman is all I can suggest.

IMO height, personality etc is a lot more important than hair.

true true

but he does have a point

alcohol is an avenue to get girls for us disadvantaged guys

beer goggles . . . . . . . . . make you look okay for one . . . . lol

i can tell my story on how hair loss ruined my chance to lose my virginity if you want

I want to hear the story.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup being a social ****up is really living hell. There is nothing you can do.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd agree that height is an important visual cue to women. It is something that can restrict your choice of women, but in the dating game short of being some sort of adonis, you have to develop a thick skin. You will get rejected, that is unavoidable. I don't think there are any men that EVERY woman would go for, in all honesty. I'm a short guy, I may even be the shortest on here at 5ft 3/5ft 4, but I've managed to have a number of relationships, and have also done well in terms of one night stands, so it's certainly not a case of all hope is lost!

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
I'd agree that height is an important visual cue to women. It is something that can restrict your choice of women, but in the dating game short of being some sort of adonis, you have to develop a thick skin. You will get rejected, that is unavoidable. I don't think there are any men that EVERY woman would go for, in all honesty. I'm a short guy, I may even be the shortest on here at 5ft 3/5ft 4, but I've managed to have a number of relationships, and have also done well in terms of one night stands, so it's certainly not a case of all hope is lost!
is that an old picture of you?

and yea i've seen plenty of short guys with girls

yes i do realize women are not as image focused as guys are

which is why my feelings about hair loss are mostly body image related

- - - Updated - - -

bbs, regarding height, try hitting on a lot shorter woman is all I can suggest.

IMO height, personality etc is a lot more important than hair.

I want to hear the story.

i was at this bar with my stepparents, usually under 21 wasnt allowed at that time of night but i got in with them. this late 20s women sat near us and was talking to us a lot that night. at the end of the night she (who was prolly a 6/10) wanted me to go back to her place to "spend the night". at this time my hair wasnt good at all, it was diffuse thinned and i had been using dermmatch concealer but decided not to put it on that day, idk why . . . . . .

when i was at her place i didnt take off my hat the entire time (i was a hat prisoner without concealer) and it was just awkward as ****. i feel embarassed just typing about it. obviously i didnt get any and left the next day. she never returned my calls . . . . . .

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is that an old picture of you?

and yea i've seen plenty of short guys with girls

yes i do realize women are not as image focused as guys are

which is why my feelings about hair loss are mostly body image related

- - - Updated - - -

i was at this bar with my stepparents, usually under 21 wasnt allowed at that time of night but i got in with them. this late 20s women sat near us and was talking to us a lot that night. at the end of the night she (who was prolly a 6/10) wanted me to go back to her place to "spend the night". at this time my hair wasnt good at all, it was diffuse thinned and i had been using dermmatch concealer but decided not to put it on that day, idk why . . . . . .

when i was at her place i didnt take off my hat the entire time (i was a hat prisoner without concealer) and it was just awkward as ****. i feel embarassed just typing about it. obviously i didnt get any and left the next day. she never returned my calls . . . . . .

Which one? My avatar picture? No it's about 10 days or so ago. I posted a thread on the tell your story section, which has some fairly recent ones where you can see my hairline, as opposed to me covering it with a fringe. I've suffered massive self esteem issues over my height when I was younger. I had a whole manner of tests when I stopped growing at 15, many of which I wouldn't want repeated again. I'm a normal if somewhat skinny bloke, but I'd say I've had my fair share of women compared to my peer group, despite me being 6 inches shorter than the next shortest of my friends. I don't have a job, I don't have a lot of money and while I can't say it hasn't held me back, I'd be lying if I said it would be easier even if I was 5ft 8 or so. Anyway mate I've rambled a bit there sorry!

Edit, I've attached a picture I took earlier today. I washed my hair yesterday, so any benefit from blow drying will have gone. If you like I can see about taking one with my hair pulled back. Mejun12.jpg

Last edited:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and NW5 and white. I'd bet 8 out of 10 girls from the 20 to 30 age range would choose you over me hands down.... that is the power of hair.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and NW5 and white. I'd bet 8 out of 10 girls from the 20 to 30 age range would choose you over me hands down.... that is the power of hair.

I'm not sure if you meant me uncomfortable man, so if you didn't, then disregard my reply! I'm not sure it's so cut and dried (no pun intended!) as that over here in the UK. Height can certainly compensate. I'm unlikely to be perceived as especially masculine, given that I'm short. I'm also far more likely to be told straight out that I'm too short, by a fairly large percentage of women. It's kind of a moot point as I'm now in a long term relationship. However that wasn't the case two years ago, when I had a good run of female interest, before I met my girlfriend. But even then, I had to play the odds, and plenty of short women wouldn't even consider me at all. I guess we all think we have it worse than the next guy. But I was trying to explain that I'm usually the shortest guy in the club/bar. I like to think that I'm funny and cute, and have been told so, but lets face it, I'm not seen as the type to "protect" a girl, given I weigh around 110lbs! Oh and I'm white too by the way, just have slightly olivey skin.