If I Go From Twice To Once A Day Minoxidil, Will Hypertrichosis Sort Itself? Will I Lose More Hair?

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for 6 months now, twice a day 2 ml applications. long story short I have recently noticed hypertrichosis which is annoying, and I think my hair regrowth has plateaued and I'm not expecting extra regrowth or I might have a slight improvement in the future. So if I just use one 2 mls application at night would hypertrichosis resolve or would I need to stop using minoxidil completely? (I won't stop using it anyway), and would I lose more hair or any of my progress? I was thinking of swapping this minoxidil application with aminexil, has any one tried it?

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends really if the hypertrichosis is bothering you, if you're getting more hair on arms or legs then it is something of a benefit?

No doubt, if you have some changes in bodily hair growth, it must mean that the minoxidil is working to some level, I would say that 6 months is not that long of a time to be using minoxidil, you have to remember its a life time treatment. You should expect cycles where some months your hair doesn't grow as fast or have a good appearance and some months, it seems like your hair is growing fast.

Just carry on doing what your doing, sounds like its working? Properly reassess in another 6 months time.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for 6 months now, twice a day 2 ml applications. long story short I have recently noticed hypertrichosis which is annoying, and I think my hair regrowth has plateaued and I'm not expecting extra regrowth or I might have a slight improvement in the future. So if I just use one 2 mls application at night would hypertrichosis resolve or would I need to stop using minoxidil completely? (I won't stop using it anyway), and would I lose more hair or any of my progress? I was thinking of swapping this minoxidil application with aminexil, has any one tried it?

If you're a guy, WHO CARES? Seriously, so what. You have extra body hair.

Shave it off it starts to annoy you. Guys can have body hair.

By the way, the half life of Minoxidil is 22 hours. Keep that in mind.

Better to use something and save your hair while you're young enough to do it.

Otherwise, get used to being bald.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're a guy, WHO CARES? Seriously, so what. You have extra body hair.

Shave it off it starts to annoy you. Guys can have body hair.

By the way, the half life of Minoxidil is 22 hours. Keep that in mind.

Better to use something and save your hair while you're young enough to do it.

Otherwise, get used to being bald.
LOL no I'm not a guy :"D I'm a female but posting here as the women's hair loss section isn't of much help afterall and this section is dedicated to growth stimulants. It is annoying me but I remove it any way and it's more effort than I'd like to exert :( but I guess I'll use twice a day and then once the day after so maybe this problem subsides, I won't ever consider dropping minoxidil as I like the regrowth and don't want to be a bald single girl lol

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you use 2% ? However, i would keep twice daily, you will have more work to shave body hair but if its giving fine results its a good deal

MiracleGro

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that is happening :/ I am in the same boat with having unacceptable side effects with minoxidil but my hair loss is starting to be even more unacceptable so I am considering getting back on. If I get back on I will be using 2% solution and I am looking for the least irritating brand/kind I can find. Just letting you know I am in the same boat and feel your pain. Sending you my best wishes.

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from 1ml twcie a day 5% to 2ml once a day 5% for a while. It didnt work and i started shedding a lot of hair. The shedding only reduced after i switched back to twice a day.

If you want to reduce your dosage, would suggest u reduce from 2 ml twice a day to 1 ml twice a day rather than 2 ml once a day.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try having the extra body hair from oral minoxidil as a chick. Mate, I have to wax my face. Trade off is scalp hair, and it’s a trade I VERY happily make.

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Different strokes for everyone. I was losing hair due to too much minoxidil application, it building up deposits on my scalp, then not absorbing into my scalp - it got that thick. Lost a lot of the gains I had made from it. Once I switched to once per day (and will take a few day break every 2 weeks or so when I notice scalp getting too flaky) I have recovered a lot of the gains. So I am living proof that LESS minoxidil can be more beneficial. But again, if you have no flakes, no itchiness, and still feel like it is absorbing no problem, then you may not experience as much growth or continuity as twice per day.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on 2 mls once a day; with my busy schedule I felt like the morning application was so much for me and messed up my hair badly and made it look oily. I have lost a lot of hair almost as if I am not using any minoxidil at all... but I'll keep using it until I have the guts to wear a wig or sth, i'll probably always use it even with wearing wigs but I will stress less about it