If higher than normal progesterone causes gyno, why am I being told by doctors not to worry about progesterone levels?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not taking it anymore, I took a blood test after I stopped and it was showing up as raised. I still get a sensitive tingling on my breast and have ED nearly 2 months after stopping the tablet.

if I take zinc, breast hurts, if I take magnesium breast hurts, if I take ashwaghanda breast hurts like wtf..??

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's only been 2 months, it may not have fully cleared your system yet, that could be why your progesterone is still elevated. It can take 3 months minimum for 5AR to be restored.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would 4 weeks really make that much of a difference? Because from what I’m feeling I feel like sh*t.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would 4 weeks really make that much of a difference? Because from what I’m feeling I feel like sh*t.

Beyond 3 months is when you should be concerned about longterm side effects.

Anyway, you've been given options to try out if you're not willing to wait it out.

Last edited:

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m currently at:

11 weeks post last tablet of finasteride

&

7 weeks post last topical application of finasteride

When does my timeline begin?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m currently at:

11 weeks post last tablet of finasteride

&

7 weeks post last topical application of finasteride

When does my timeline begin?

So we have to do basic math for you as well.

Okay, in 5 weeks if you still feel bad, go see a doctor.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not taking it anymore, I took a blood test after I stopped and it was showing up as raised. I still get a sensitive tingling on my breast and have ED nearly 2 months after stopping the tablet.

if I take zinc, breast hurts, if I take magnesium breast hurts, if I take ashwaghanda breast hurts like wtf..??
Get off everything while eating very clean so your body can find equilibrium
Fasting would also help most likely, lots of pfs people do it

if that doesn’t work, it’s time to see a Doctor and possibly get on aromatade inhibitors

i wouldn’t be expecting to heal from this anytime soon while having burgers for lunch and a list of supplements on the daily. You are getting in your bodies way to deal with it doing that imo

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So we have to do basic math for you as well.

Okay, in 5 weeks if you still feel bad, go see a doctor.
Well it was it’s an opinion as I’ve read that depending on the type of topical finasteride used only some is absorbed into the bloodstream. So no you do not have to do maths for me, I was just looking forward basic advice

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get off everything while eating very clean so your body can find equilibrium
Fasting would also help most likely, lots of pfs people do it

if that doesn’t work, it’s time to see a Doctor and possibly get on aromatade inhibitors

i wouldn’t be expecting to heal from this anytime soon while having burgers for lunch and a list of supplements on the daily. You are getting in your bodies way to deal with it doing that imo
Thank you.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing explains why my gyno flares up after taking those supplements though. Bloody strange

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing explains why my gyno flares up after taking those supplements though. Bloody strange
Estrogenic activity in males happens as a buffer for loss of homeostasis, so in essence all supplements are estrogenic in the long run (even though some might lower it in the short run)

first area of attack for you should be fasting/eating clean (lots of raw veggies and fruit, no catabolic fats)

second stage would be aspirin and vit e to get your Estrogen down. Unlikely to be necessary though

AIs/prescription drugs and visiting doctors should be last resort

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have gyno you need to get on a sarm, eating f*****g vegetables isn’t going to do anything jesus christ.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had persistent sexual sides past 5 months after stopping finasteride. I’m fine now. Don’t panic, my man!

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have gyno you need to get on a sarm, eating f*****g vegetables isn’t going to do anything jesus christ.
The doctors here in the UK will only consider prescribing it if my estrogen is out of range, the bloods show its not so they won’t do anything?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had persistent sexual sides past 5 months after stopping finasteride. I’m fine now. Don’t panic, my man!
Thank you, did your ED go away gradually or just bam one day you woke up and it was fixed?

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, did your ED go away gradually or just bam one day you woke up and it was fixed?
if the issue is physiological its going to be gradual
sure lol, but I think getting out of PFS state would be the first thing, that would make your dick function as well

whether you hop on more meds to try to reverse gyno afterwards, or opt for surgery instead, is up to OP

i personally wouldn't want to hop straight on the next meds if I had pfs

needlessly to say that AI's will probably cause hairloss, too, in OP