If higher than normal progesterone causes gyno, why am I being told by doctors not to worry about progesterone levels?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If higher than normal progesterone causes gyno, why am I being told by doctors not to worry about progesterone levels?

Someone please advise?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you (or have been) on something your doctor is unaware of?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t some people take progesterone to fight PFS? The whole alopregnanalone thing?

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is a frankensteined progestin, and doctors don't know sh*t

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that why it can cause gyno and low libido if estrogen levels are within range?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone can contribute to development of gyno in the presence of elevated prolactin from what I recall.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone can contribute to development of gyno in the presence of elevated prolactin from what I recall.
That's whats happened to me, my prolactin is all over the place but when the doctors test it they say it's normal and that I shouldn't worry about progesterone either? Any help appreciated!

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's whats happened to me, my prolactin is all over the place but when the doctors test it they say it's normal and that I shouldn't worry about progesterone either? Any help appreciated!
Did you ever try exemestane? It's shown to block progesterone, but the anti-estrogen effects might make you feel like sh*t if you tank your E2.

Lowering prolactin with pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), vitamin e, and/or pharmaceutical options like cabergoline. Thyroid supplementation should help lower prolactin as well.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My doctor won't give me cabergoline, I'm from the UK and the doctors here don't like prescribing anything, according to them my prolactin is within range, when I do it privately it shows as raised.

Which thyroid supplementation would you recommend?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you’ve only just quit that fuked up drug. My body took a long time to go back to normal. Don’t waste your money on tons of supplements. I did that and none of them did a thing. Just eat a healthy diet and exercise. Time will heal you.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just I know my progesterone is high, I've had the bloods and if that is out of sync I'm guessing that's whats causing my issues, I just think maybe it need a push in the right direction (lower) and if I don't do it it will just stay raised...? That's my fear.

Strength training seems to tank my libido and give me ED which is really strange?!

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to be clear you’ve developed gyno whilst you were on finasteride or post finasteride?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clearly the rise in oestrogen caused it not progesterone, get some ralox or tamox and run it for a few weeks and it should disappear.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My OESTRADIOL shows:

41 - 159 Reference range
110 pmol/L - Result

They are saying it’s within range..?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you said you aren't taking finasteride anymore so why would it be raised?