If hair multiplication comes out, is it a cure?

uncertainty

Reaction score
If hair multiplication ever comes out, would it be a complete cure for baldness? In other words, when implanting hairs into bald spots, would they stay there for life? Or does it have a catch like maintenance or something?

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering its not even available I don't see what merit a question like this has? there is no way to know considering the company itself does not even know yet.

However in theory, it would not be a cure in the conventional sense... A cure would essentially rejuvenate the cells that have gone to sleep so that you get back what was taken away.

HM in a nutshell is more of a bandage approach that should give us back what we want.

for example a hair transplant in its present form as good as they are still do not match the original hair look and feel 100%
during my hair transplant journey, what I learned was that, hair transplant's given current grafts # limitations allow you the illusion of having more hair ( combined with concealers) it can be very effective, although annoying and time consuming.

however with HM if we were to be given more grafts, going beyond our current limitations... It should be thick enough where styling it would overcome any aesthetic problems...

using myself as an example, instead of using dermmatch and toppik, I would just throw in a little bit of gel and go on my merry way (instead of spending so much time with concealers)

I hope that helps

BenVegas01

Reaction score
DavisNY said:
Considering its not even available I don't see what merit a question like this has? there is no way to know considering the company itself does not even know yet.

However in theory, it would not be a cure in the conventional sense... A cure would essentially rejuvenate the cells that have gone to sleep so that you get back what was taken away.

HM in a nutshell is more of a bandage approach that should give us back what we want.

for example a hair transplant in its present form as good as they are still do not match the original hair look and feel 100%
during my hair transplant journey, what I learned was that, hair transplant's given current grafts # limitations allow you the illusion of having more hair ( combined with concealers) it can be very effective, although annoying and time consuming.

however with HM if we were to be given more grafts, going beyond our current limitations... It should be thick enough where styling it would overcome any aesthetic problems...

using myself as an example, instead of using dermmatch and toppik, I would just throw in a little bit of gel and go on my merry way (instead of spending so much time with concealers)

I hope that helps

So on one hand we dont know, on the other hand it's going to help you 'fill the gaps' and go without using toppick and concealers. :)

I'd say there is a good chance that within the next 5-8 years will have something substantially better than that, but yeah - we really don't know for sure.

Is a bit like at one point in time, they thought robots would take over from traffic police. They knew that it was inefficient to have all these traffic police at intersections, so with their current thinking, having a robot on each corner would solve the problem. Then somebody came up with the idea of traffic lights.

You just can't tell what's around the corner, but in context of regenerative medicine and the exponential increase in technology, yes there is a big chance of a cure, the timeframe is uncertain.

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
BenVegas01 said:
DavisNY said:

I hope that helps

So on one hand we dont know, on the other hand it's going to help you 'fill the gaps' and go without using toppick and concealers. :)

In theory if it is to work out, this would be the realistic use of it... It would most certainly help a nw7, however again, in a unconventional way