If Any Alleged New Treatments/"cures" Work, What's The Game Plan For Diffused Thinners?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Feeling quite down in the dumps. So tired of this rat's nest garbage on my head. I don't even know what the f*** it is. Sometimes I see balding dudes with more conventional patterns and I feel like they have it better because the hair they do have at least looks human and also they can go the transplant route if their donor is adequate.

I'm not even sure that any of these holy grail upcoming treatments will help my situation anyway. I don't want to "maintain" a diffused rat's nest, and if I transplant, the rat's nest will likely shock loss because it's so minituraized and weak. I feel like setting it on fire. I relate to trans people and their feelings of "dysphoria" because this pile of sh*t that is on my head feels like it DOES NOT belong there, feels like something is wrong.

Anyway yeah, I need to here from other diffusers - just what they are banking on for the future or what is keeping them going. I do take finasteride fyi.

paperlate

Reaction score
I feel you,it does suck.Been dealing with diffuse for about 15 years.Thickening paste and putting a lot of toppik helps.It looks the worst after wearing a hat for a while and taking it off,my hair looks super terrible

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i know what you mean. looking in the mirror and seeing a pile of fried straw on my head disgusts me a little more each day. it is the decayed remnants of something that used to be real hair, back when i walked among humans. it's crazy how my attractiveness hinged on that one feature. the rat's nest just made my aesthetic totally fall apart at the foundation.

little by little the fire of life goes out inside of me. there is always the next life though.

in this life though, i am gonna have to say, f*** this. i don't think there is any hope for diffuse thinners nor traditional male pattern baldness sufferers. some people aren't meant to live that kind of life, where they can be comfortable in their own skin.

how old are you? i still have at least 70 years of going through the motions of life but being a dead shell of my former self. fun fun!

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i know what you mean. looking in the mirror and seeing a pile of fried straw on my head disgusts me a little more each day. it is the decayed remnants of something that used to be real hair, back when i walked among humans. it's crazy how my attractiveness hinged on that one feature. the rat's nest just made my aesthetic totally fall apart at the foundation.

little by little the fire of life goes out inside of me. there is always the next life though.

in this life though, i am gonna have to say, f*** this. i don't think there is any hope for diffuse thinners nor traditional male pattern baldness sufferers. some people aren't meant to live that kind of life, where they can be comfortable in their own skin.

how old are you? i still have at least 70 years of going through the motions of life but being a dead shell of my former self. fun fun!
ive seen your pics, no homo but your attactiveness doesnt hinge on your hair.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for someone that seems to hate their life, its nice to know your optimistic about making it to 98 lol.

well that was a rough estimate with health care advancing and considering my family history, lol. hopefully it will be shorter.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, when you're 40 and half your friends are bald you'll feel better about yourself :D

g.i joey

Reaction score
well that was a rough estimate with health care advancing and considering my family history, lol. hopefully it will be shorter.

Cmon man, your hair is still ok, I know the rat nest feels, been like that for a while now, my forelock is so sh*t that any ounce of humidity just frizzes it up into a nest of grimey thin hair. Still better than being bald imo, for example people like us can still hit a club and look like we got a decent head of hair. The only thing I hate is the constant battle between keeping thisnshit on my head and just shaving it, I really thought finasteride would've got me out of rat nest land, seems like I'm a permanent resident after 9 months of treatment.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cmon man, your hair is still ok, I know the rat nest feels, been like that for a while now, my forelock is so sh*t that any ounce of humidity just frizzes it up into a nest of grimey thin hair. Still better than being bald imo, for example people like us can still hit a club and look like we got a decent head of hair. The only thing I hate is the constant battle between keeping thisnshit on my head and just shaving it, I really thought finasteride would've got me out of rat nest land, seems like I'm a permanent resident after 9 months of treatment.

things can happen after a year or two! when did your diffusion start? do you still have full coverage?

no doubt this is better than nw6. even with diffused sh*t we are less invisible than a fully bald person.

4myfuture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feeling quite down in the dumps. So tired of this rat's nest garbage on my head. I don't even know what the f*** it is. Sometimes I see balding dudes with more conventional patterns and I feel like they have it better because the hair they do have at least looks human and also they can go the transplant route if their donor is adequate.

I'm not even sure that any of these holy grail upcoming treatments will help my situation anyway. I don't want to "maintain" a diffused rat's nest, and if I transplant, the rat's nest will likely shock loss because it's so minituraized and weak. I feel like setting it on fire. I relate to trans people and their feelings of "dysphoria" because this pile of sh*t that is on my head feels like it DOES NOT belong there, feels like something is wrong.

Anyway yeah, I need to here from other diffusers - just what they are banking on for the future or what is keeping them going. I do take finasteride fyi.

4myfuture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep your head up man. I know what its like to have that birds nest going on...Try to see the positives, you have hair to save...Use Rogaine Foam because the key will be to thicken those diffuse hairs...FYI..I started going to a new hairdresser and she asked me if I used any treatments...She encouraged me to use Rogaine as she claimed many of her clients have seen results from it..I was kind of surprised given all the negativity online..

paperlate

Reaction score
I am going to be 37 soon,and yes it can be disheartening being diffuse with receding and losing quick.But I've done everything in my power,finasteride,laser,keto shampoo,and special 10% minoxidil.If hair is right length and styled carefully ,people don't suspect much and looks good.
But it sucks because I know I have to work twice as hard just to have decent hair,and I miss out on so much in life.But I will say having things to look forward to and goals and getting lost in the process helps a lot

g.i joey

Reaction score
things can happen after a year or two! when did your diffusion start? do you still have full coverage?

no doubt this is better than nw6. even with diffused sh*t we are less invisible than a fully bald person.

Honestly when I was almost 22, I remember it clearly, my temples were receded which my hairdresser passed off as "mature hairline" due to having a fully dense hairline at 21. I remember I was at work one night and I checked out my hair, only to notice a thinning triangle on the top of my hairline. Didn't get on finasteride seriously until 23, so I wasted about a year of coming on and off finasteride, losing weight, getting my dosage right to avoid sides in the long run and now I'm 9 months in and I seem to be at best just maintaining.

What about you man? How old were yo when you noticed?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Good question. You need to ask @buckthorn (fullhead) that question. ...

Seriously, anything is probably good for diffuse thinners. That's where all the medications have been tested, the vertex. Better diffuse than bald areas which can't grow back.

Like your Gene Simmons avatar!

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Good question. You need to ask @buckthorn (fullhead) that question. ...

Seriously, anything is probably good for diffuse thinners. That's where all the medications have been tested, the vertex. Better diffuse than bald areas which can't grow back.

Like your Gene Simmons avatar!

Lol that's Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. I hope you are right but I've been on propecia for about 10 months and I don't see any improvement. Nor halting.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. Being a Norwood 4 at age 25 absolutely sucks. And treatments are not even working.

yeah i imagine it's definitely not an existence filled with happiness. keep playing that piano! the bastards who judge us based on appearance can go eat sh*t :)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol that's Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. I hope you are right but I've been on propecia for about 10 months and I don't see any improvement. Nor halting.

That's too bad. You need to add Minoxidil, make those vellus hairs go terminal.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
That's too bad. You need to add Minoxidil, make those vellus hairs go terminal.

I've used min in fits and starts (as in a few days) but I've never stuck with it. So many people seem to say it's a waste of time. And I'm very unclear on how to apply it. I'm diffused in a Norwood 6 pattern, so I've got a huge area to cover, but I do have a lot of hair - so I feel like most of the minoxidil just gets dried up in the hair and never reaches the follicle or scalp. Do people think it's worth it?