If All Else Failed ! Help Me With A System :)

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guy's, :)

never thought i would be posting in this section of the forum
but as a lot of you i am suffering from male pattern baldness and i'm looking for some info on hairsytems .
i have been stressed out lately because i'm now diagnosed with deformation plagiocephaly sooo my head is asymmetric and flat on one side round on the other side my ears are misaligned etc... you should look it up its pretty devastating for someone with male pattern baldness. as im also suffering from retrograde alopecia (hairloss on sides and back) on top of it im going to be full blown bald sooner or later.

what do you think are my options if i want go wearing a system ? also can you provide me some stores?
and give me some tips ?

thanks for your help !!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I would be happy to help.

With retrograde alopecia, you have two options depending on how extreme the loss. You can get a hair system that covers most of the top of your head (which we call a topper), that is the most common hair system, and covers a typical bald head, and chose a style that cuts the hair around the back and sides quite short, or even shaved (a number of guys have done this, including me. The benefit of that type of situation is that the maintenance is minimal. Every could of weeks or every time you remove the system, you shave or buzz the bio hair, and replace the system.

If this type of style is not an option for you, or you want a fuller look, you can go with what we call a "full cap". This where the hair system covers your entire scalp as all of your own hair would. This type of system has its own limitations. You need a shaggier style to hide the edges, and the nape can be a problem. It can also be a bit more uncomfortable from the partial systems.

I see you are in Belgium? We can send you some suggestions on where to go.

I will PM you with some suggestions.

Steve