if a cure came out . . . . .

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Just go back to the earliest posts on the experimental treatments section. I remember when I first came on the forums Intercyclex were supposed to be in the final stages waiting for the FDA to approve their hairmultiplication.

no they weren't.... they didn't even have any results

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
s.a.f said:
Just go back to the earliest posts on the experimental treatments section. I remember when I first came on the forums Intercyclex were supposed to be in the final stages waiting for the FDA to approve their hairmultiplication.

BALD BRAWWWWWWWWWL !!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Go look for yourself, intercyclex were the big news when I started out on the forums, there were threads such as HM will be here by 2007.
It was all over the major hairsites.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maradona said:
2020 said:
s.a.f said:

BALD BRAWWWWWWWWWL !!!

514e29eb0f.jpg

Go look for yourself, intercyclex were the big news when I started out on the forums, there were threads such as HM will be here by 2007.
It was all over the major hairsites.

how about you show me an official release from intercytex that says that they're about to CURE hair loss..

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you want that look it up for yourself, all I'm saying is back in 2005 all the major hairsites were full of threads saying HM was almost here.
We used to get intercyclex threads all the time now they've dried up.
That was 7 yrs ago and nothings happend and 7 yrs from now I'm betting we'll still be in the same situation.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
If you want that look it up for yourself, all I'm saying is back in 2005 all the major hairsites were full of threads saying HM was almost here.
We used to get intercyclex threads all the time now they've dried up.
That was 7 yrs ago and nothings happend and 7 yrs from now I'm betting we'll still be in the same situation.

why did they stop their studies? anybody know the EXACT reasons? :(

btw, this replicel delay is worrying me a lot, maybe i should sell my stocks. :dunno:

cuebald

Reaction score
someone posted a snapshot of this forum 10 years ago (in 2002) and even then there were posts saying "HM will be out next year" "Dr Gho has done trials and will cure it in a year" etc etc. there will be no cure for decades imo.
Maybe in 5 - 10 years time they will be able to multiply donor hair follicles meaning unlimited hair for transplant, but even an unlimited donor hair transplant will look different to a "real" head of hair.

inferiorgenetics

Reaction score
if the cure came out in the next 10+ years, of course I'd be happy. But it's not going to bring back the time I spent sulking and being depressed about my male pattern baldness. And like other users said, it's going to be f*****g expensive, especially at first, so I won't be able to reap the joys of any remedy that might come out within the years. I hate a lot of things about myself, and honestly, male pattern baldness is at the end of the list. If I had a normal facial structure I'd be more than okay with being bald...but that's not the case. I mean, eventually SOMETHING has to come out that'll fix our fucked up hair genes, for reals, but until then we'll have to just keep crossing our fingers...

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing is... you wouldn't need to change any of your psychological issues if you had your hair cured.

Because.....

We're all pretty fucked up emotionally

And...

A depressed, lonely, strange, brooding man with good hair is actually sexy, deep, mysterious and interesting to women. Hence the whole Vampire fantasy.

But a depressed, lonely, strange, brooding bald man is just that. it's sad and pathetic to them. it's too ugly. too real.

Surely it is a double standard.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd be better of than if I'd never dealt with hair loss. Not only does it make you a less judgmental person (in most cases) but the power of relief would make you appreciate your hair so much. All them things you've been holding off on because of your hair loss (whether it be swimming/ any sport if you use concealers, or just things you didn't feel confident enough to do) you'd not only be able to start doing again, but you'd appreciate it so much more. Basically, I think dealing with hair loss for a bit (not a massive chunk of your life like a lot of people have done) but then getting everything back, would be better than never dealing with hair loss in the first place.