Identical twins with different male pattern baldness patterns analysis

So u have the same male pattern baldness pattern as your twin?

• Initially No but later both of us matched up in our pattern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am an indentical twin but my other half is exhibiting a different pattern....anyone knows why?..A Merc study of propecia's effect on identical twins state that "they have the same genetic makeup"

but why does my identical bro only has some frontal recede and no vertex balding but i have some vertex thinning going on....anyone
He started male pattern baldness 1 year after me...its been 2 years for him vs 3 years for me...He still hasnt shown signs of vertex thinning....anyone can comment?

But my hairline is better than his..but this doesnt say much as he could have gone to the barber and cut his front...wheareas i didnt cut my hairline at the barber's for 3 years....

any twins here in the same situation as me?.please state what is your male pattern baldness patter is like..thank u...

Below is a poll.Vote only if u are an identical twin

micky b

Reaction score
I'm an identical twin that has vertex balding going on as well but I've been treating it with finasteride for 6 years and my twin has not. When I started finasteride my bald spot was slightly larger but 6 years later his is vastly bigger. I don't think I have much more in the front than he does though so that's somewhat disappointing. I also tend to suffer from oily itchy scalp and acne on my forehead from the finasteride. His complexion is much clearer.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
micky b said:
I'm an identical twin that has vertex balding going on as well but I've been treating it with finasteride for 6 years and my twin has not. When I started finasteride my bald spot was slightly larger but 6 years later his is vastly bigger. I don't think I have much more in the front than he does though so that's somewhat disappointing. I also tend to suffer from oily itchy scalp and acne on my forehead from the finasteride. His complexion is much clearer.

Any reasonw hy the patterns are different? Identical twins as it states supposed to be "genetically identical " right?.....I am sure most of u twins can read each other's minds as to what we are thinking....I can read my bro's thoughts too....SO if we are psychologically thes ame...our bodies should be too since psychology is controlled by chemicals as well....

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
Balding is absolutely not down to genetic factors alone. Stress is a major component, as is diet. I believe this would explain the differences here. Indeed, is there any other possible explanation?

I know some twins, one of whom is nearly completely bald, the other has all of his hair and shows no signs of balding. Yep, identical twins, same dna.