Ideas for xmas presents?

HughJass

Reaction score
Anybody as stumped as I am? I have a sister and parents and no idea what to get either of them. They've basically got everything.

Anybody want to share some ideas?

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
A pair of socks???

Something handmade that says I thought of you???

A picture frame with your picture in it for your parents???

Or, you could just get something that says "I couldn't think of anything better to get you", ie a book...

Seriously, I don't do presents. I don't mind presents that say I thought of you, but I don't do the traditional stuff.

PS: I'm also an atheist :punk:

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
30000870-1286546474-681000.jpg

:whistle: :whistle:

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
One year I got a like 1 foot statue of Hercules powerbombing Dionysus, and Dionysus was grabbing Hercules's junk for my cousin(female). I always like to get joke gifts like that for people who have money and just buy what they actually want. You may consider a similar route.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Great topic!

I love giving presents and I'm usually very good at choosing them.

A few suggestions:

Girlfriend = Jewels

Mother = Handmade embroidered towels from Madeira Island (make sure you buy the real stuff, not some cheap imitation)

Father = Expensive wine

Brother, sister-in-law = Christmas basket with gourmet products

Boss = Crystal glass designed by the extremely talented Siza Vieira

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Anybody as stumped as I am? I have a sister and parents and no idea what to get either of them. They've basically got everything.

I thought you were atheist?

HughJass

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
aussieavodart said:

I thought you were atheist?

Christmas belongs to materialism more than it belongs to Christianity these days. Christians seem more vocal about that than anybody else!

Besides, the Christians pinched it off the pagans to begin with :protest:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Besides, the Christians pinched it off the pagans to begin with :protest:

If we take out the birth of Jesus, and St Nicholas presenting presents to the poor, the rest is mostly pagan and has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

On the other hand, I like Christmas period. I don't celebrate Christmas and I don't buy presents but I like the holidays and the spirit of it.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If they have everything, why not make a donation to their favorite charities? I would be touched if someone did that for me (I'm not into presents either).

Norwood

Established Member
Reaction score
If you know a bald guy, give him a can of Rogaine for Christmas. He will be overjoyed once he unwraps your present and sees what you got him.