Ideas and Questions about the Follica Method

ntn88ntn

Reaction score
The first question what I have to ask is, altho i'm sure it's already been covered is What would stop the new follicles from being succumbing to the effects of DHT again? Depending onthe price of the method and the chemicals involved to stimulate new growth, surely for most under 40s/50s the cure would be one that last anywhere from 2-10 years?

Does this mean that Follica are considering combingin their technique with Hair Transplantation. The way i see it is that if a large amount of the hair were to be transplanted to the top of ones head from the back and sides, then surely they could then use their method on the back and sides of the hair to create new follicles and fill up the areas. It woudl combine ideally would it not for hair transplants do to some extent 'wound' the donor area and leave it with a small scar?
Has this been considered before?

Also let's face it, this won't be a reality for at least another 10 years. These new revelations always run into some kind of hitch. Even if it is perfected in 5 years, it wont be another few more years after that that it's commercially viable for the average guy/girl. It's so annoying to see people really believe that it will be here by 2010. Optimism is good yes, but that's just absurd.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also let's face it, this won't be a reality for at least another 10 years. These new revelations always run into some kind of hitch. Even if it is perfected in 5 years, it wont be another few more years after that that it's commercially viable for the average guy/girl. It's so annoying to see people really believe that it will be here by 2010. Optimism is good yes, but that's just absurd.

I doubt it's ten years and I would bet it's less than five.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
The first question what I have to ask is, altho i'm sure it's already been covered is What would stop the new follicles from being succumbing to the effects of DHT again?
-----------------------------------------

I think they would do a similar procedure to what intercytex are trying to do... i.e. make the new follicles dht resistant so therefore hair won't fall out.

I, like millions of men in my position hope that a 'cure', as you put it, comes sooner rather than later. Given that follica has received a larger sum for funding I would hope that they are on to something though I don't really know much about their procedure. Given that they are in direct competition with companies such as Intercytex I'm hoping they (and Intercytex) develop something in the near future.
I think the most frustrating part for any hair loss sufferer is the fact that we really have no idea how long any type of treatment will be on the market. It could by 5 years, 10 years, 50 years or perhaps never ( :shakehead: )

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To answer the question, I think the new hair follicles would eventually succumb to DHT. But I think for one it would take time for this to occur, just like it took time for the hair that was lost in the first place to succumb to DHT. But also, the idea is that you could essentially have a "second chance", and have a new crop of hair that you could try to keep alive and well with the current hair loss solutions that are on the market, like finasteride and minoxidil.

Regarding when this might come out, all I know is Dr. Cotserellis (sp?) seemed to be pretty psyched about it, and his as is somewhat on the line, or at least his reputation is a little, and by saying in the interview on the Today Show that he thinks it might be available within a few years, if all goes perfectly, then I share his enthusiasm. There seems to be a general "Holy Sh$t! Did you see that?" factor about this whole deal, seeing new hairs grow on the mice when it was completely unexpected, a fluke. So again, I am optimistic as well. I'd say within 5 years. But who knows?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The new follicles are cloned from the hair at the very back of the head , these hairs are in a lot of cases completely DHT resistant , therefore by cloning them and placing them on the effected areas they are reversing male pattern baldness