Ideal Depth And Frequency Of Wounding

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in this interesting study from 2016 on mice they tested ideal depth and frequency of repetion of wounding for hair growth... 0.5 mm 10 cycles 5 times a week. mouse follicle depth is 0.15mm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064188/

how does that translate to human with 4mm deep follicles ? the dhurat protocol is once every week or 2 at 1.5mm
seems a lot less often or depth vs hair fillicle ? should we be doing close to 3mm deep since follicle is so low ? and also more often ?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1.5mm daily? How the f*** do you recover from that? Seems excessive. I use derminator 1.5mm and redness stays for 3 days.

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
1.5mm daily? How the f*** do you recover from that? Seems excessive. I use derminator 1.5mm and redness stays for 3 days.

The Dhurat study used a 1.5 mm dermaroller to cause erythema - redness of the skin. They wouldn't have used the full length of the needles to penetrate the epidermis.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
Highlighting Somebody as an example is like highlighting Oprah Winfrey as an example of what black women can expect in the economy.

Disagree, that's a silly analogy and in no way applicable.

His results are wildly atypical and may or may not mean anything for the vast majority of rollers.

Don't misquote me, I never suggested his results were "typical" for the vast majority of "rollers". However it is a useful reference point in regards to this topic and he has clearly done his research and is succeeding.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in this interesting study from 2016 on mice they tested ideal depth and frequency of repetion of wounding for hair growth... 0.5 mm 10 cycles 5 times a week. mouse follicle depth is 0.15mm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064188/

how does that translate to human with 4mm deep follicles ? the dhurat protocol is once every week or 2 at 1.5mm
seems a lot less often or depth vs hair fillicle ? should we be doing close to 3mm deep since follicle is so low ? and also more often ?

Yeah, Ive posted that study and I also gave an explaination to that.

Deep wounding does trigger Lhx2 which then deactivates Lgr5 which does the hair cycling.

If you do a study for a few weeks, obv the wounding method giving you the most growth signals without deactivating hair cycling will come out first.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Several ways to use it I think
.To enhance minoxidil absorption: in this case shorter needles are ok (every day)
.Light erythema every 3/x days : shorter needles
.For the wound healing process : 1,5mm or more. But 1,5 is good enough(study).(every week/2weeks) no minoxidil during 24h
In all cases you want to avoid bleeding; with 1,5 roller you can have minor drop of bloods.
With dermastamp 1,5 you should have little more blood .
OBv advice don't forget to keep all the material clean and desinfected with any needles length: you don't want to make things worse ; )