i'd give up so much...what would YOU give up?

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Nene said:
I had bad acne as a teen and it was awful, I think equally as bad as hair loss, but acne is easily treatable and baldness isn't.
Easily treatable? Do you think so?
Look on the acne.org forum and you see adult sufferers and they are doing bonkers treatments like many on here - they have the same debates about diet/masturbation/alcohol/stress as we get here.
I realise for most it is a teenage thing that folks grow out of but for the millions of adults with acne its as difficult to treat and medically misunderstood as male pattern baldness.

WAY TO CHEAT THE DEVIL. you rock. hahahahahahaha! good answer. seriously.

Nene

Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Nene said:
I had bad acne as a teen and it was awful, I think equally as bad as hair loss, but acne is easily treatable and baldness isn't.
Easily treatable? Do you think so?
Look on the acne.org forum and you see adult sufferers and they are doing bonkers treatments like many on here - they have the same debates about diet/masturbation/alcohol/stress as we get here.
I realise for most it is a teenage thing that folks grow out of but for the millions of adults with acne its as difficult to treat and medically misunderstood as male pattern baldness.

Well I had to take accutane which wasn't fun but it completely stopped my acne. It's my understanding that accutane works for the vast majority of people if less potent treatments don't work. Maybe I shouldn't have said easily treatable but I still say much more treatable than hair loss.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Timmysee said:
Smooth said:
One nut! (any buyers ? )

Lose both and you will get your hair back.

Something to think about for everyone saying they'd lose a limb.

And statistically you'll live longer, true story!

cuebald

Reaction score
Lopping your nuts off may stop you going bald, but a NW6 who chops his balls off will still remain a NW6

Obsidian

Reaction score
I really hope you are being sarcastic :shakehead:

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
If I was a norwood 5-6 or so and there was very little prospects of me having hair again, like...no treatments or cures coming...then I would easily sacrifice...

Legs...
maybe and arm...
teeth...
my talents...
some fingers...
all my money and everything I own...
and whatever else I can think of..

personally i think life is much easier with a full head of hair that it is without a leg...i really believe this

:(

God, lucky for me my hair loss regimen is working or my body would be on the black market for money to get hair transplants

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
KeepTheHair said:
If I was a norwood 5-6 or so and there was very little prospects of me having hair again, like...no treatments or cures coming...then I would easily sacrifice...

Legs...
maybe and arm...
teeth...
my talents...
some fingers...

personally i think life is much easier with a full head of hair that it is without a leg...i really believe this

God, lucky for me my hair loss regimen is working or my body would be on the black market for money to get hair transplants

Hey U-man! Great news, you've got yourself a new buddy! Maybe you can mentor this young kid and get him on the fat track to becoming a paranoid recluse.

Keep The Hair...I would get off Propecia and all meds if I were you. Isn't it better to resign yourself to your third-class fate right now so at least you've adjusted to it quicker and are aware of what is ahead? What good is it to keep your hair for a short amount of time only to eventually lose it anyways. By that time you might have actually built up some hope/success before you lose it all as it is. Its better to face the facts now and get used to the giant rocks that get chucked your way for being bald, and I'm being both literal and figurative... you MAY (probably) get some rocks thrown at your face while the the assailants yell "BALD LOSER!"

Can't forget about the evil cackles that people like to unleash your way when you're bald too. Also, random women may come up to you and pepper spray your eyes and suggest that you commit suicide so you don't pass down your awful genes. Happened to me thrice yesterday. Still not as bad as the store that had a sign which read "no shirt, no shoes, no hair, no service." That was really humiliating. God, I WISH I can remember the last time I had a conversation with anybody (especially a woman) where he/she didn't burst out laughing because I was bald....But my point is...its better to get accustomed to it now than build up false hope you know?

GeminiX

Reaction score
KeepTheHair, if you sincerely believe what you've posted above you really need to get off the internet and seek help; if you had even an ounce of understanding of what life in the real world is like you would realise how utterly ridiculous you sound when you say the things you've posted.

Your comments are also unbelievably insensitive, there are people here who have suffered crippling accidents and my own father had to have a leg amputated. My fathers hair was pretty good actually, and were he able to stand properly he would have no doubt punched you squarely in the face if you told him that he had it good compared to you and your thinning hair, he only lost a leg after all...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
qball01 said:
KeepTheHair said:

Legs...
maybe and arm...
teeth...
my talents...
some fingers...

Hey U-man! Great news, you've got yourself a new buddy! Maybe you can mentor this young kid and get him on the fat track to becoming a paranoid recluse.

Keep The Hair...I would get off Propecia and all meds if I were you. Isn't it better to resign yourself to your third-class fate right now so at least you've adjusted to it quicker and are aware of what is ahead? What good is it to keep your hair for a short amount of time only to eventually lose it anyways. By that time you might have actually built up some hope/success before you lose it all as it is. Its better to face the facts now and get used to the giant rocks that get chucked your way for being bald, and I'm being both literal and figurative... you MAY (probably) get some rocks thrown at your face while the the assailants yell "BALD LOSER!"

Can't forget about the evil cackles that people like to unleash your way when you're bald too. Also, random women may come up to you and pepper spray your eyes and suggest that you commit suicide so you don't pass down your awful genes. Happened to me thrice yesterday. Still not as bad as the store that had a sign which read "no shirt, no shoes, no hair, no service." That was really humiliating. God, I WISH I can remember the last time I had a conversation with anybody (especially a woman) where he/she didn't burst out laughing because I was bald....But my point is...its better to get accustomed to it now than build up false hope you know?
Dude, seriously? You need to get off my back and find someone else to fixate on. :smack:

barcafan

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
qball01 said:
KeepTheHair said:

Legs...
maybe and arm...
teeth...
my talents...
some fingers...

Dude, seriously? You need to get off my back and find someone else to fixate on. :smack:

edit: nvm

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I was being over dramatic I know. I didn't mean to be insensitive. But I truly believe that my life would change too much if I was a norwood 5-6. Thats how MY life and MY perspective is. I know it's different for you guys.

Nice post qball...

The truth is I meant if there was no hope and no treatments and stuff like that. Obviously my post is redic in the real world. My regimen seems to be working. I have good hair right now. It's nothing compared to what it used to be...but its ok. I plan on growing it out. It will look fine.

I am just saying...before my regimen started working I was pretty devastated and if it got worse it would have really destroyed my mind.

I didn't mean to offend anyone ;).

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Just about everything material I have. Honestly. If I am able to keep the hair I have, and regrow a little at the temples and add a little thickness... I'll probably just grow it out even longer, dread it, and be happy for the rest of my life.

And to all the people saying money: get a hair transplantation. A hair transplant itself is already a pretty big sacrifice I think. Surgery, pain, lots of money, admitting to people you have done a transplant, ect.

Anyways, things can still improve right? (even though I've been reading this forum for more than a hour now and at least have made 5 breaks to check my hairline in 3 to 4 different mirrors after washing it)

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
Id give up nearly everything, money, things i own, talent (i have *alot* of it at what i do), money, friends and loved ones (as bad as it sounds) and id be happy to die at 30.

If `God` or whatever gave me this proposition i wouldnt think twice, and i know that makes be probobly one of the worst types of people, but only 4 years of my whole life i can say ive truely enjoyed, and to have 8 that i would enjoy more then i do now, would be a win in my eyes.......

let's face it, id feel sh*t on the inside, but at least id be attractive and feel sh*t eh?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would probably sacrifice dying at 60. I would give up univeristy; probably would give up my friends, family and girlfriend (by this I mean leave them - i wouldn't wish harm on them); would give up a little toe. Would be happy having little money for the rest of my life.

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
karlg said:
Id give up nearly everything, money, things i own, talent (i have *alot* of it at what i do), money, friends and loved ones (as bad as it sounds) and id be happy to die at 30.

If `God` or whatever gave me this proposition i wouldnt think twice, and i know that makes be probobly one of the worst types of people, but only 4 years of my whole life i can say ive truely enjoyed, and to have 8 that i would enjoy more then i do now, would be a win in my eyes.......

let's face it, id feel sh*t on the inside, but at least id be attractive and feel sh*t eh?

I think you take the title from UCman and Hatprisoner. Talk about depressing sh*t here. Why the f*** would you be happy to die at 30? THIRTY? You're one sad individual man.

You'd give up money fair enough, but friends and loved ones? They are irreplaceable ! yet you'd give it all away to have hair and die at 30.

Hair loss talk isn't the place for you mate, go see a psychiatrist and go on the depression forums...seriously.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, get real.

People don't come to this forums > thread when they are in the best moods. So just let them say what they have to say and get it out, shesh. Don't hate.

I know I have had harsh thoughts when it comes to hair loss and it effects us all a great deal, especially at first.

I know my thoughts have changed a lot since I first got hair loss but it obviously still sucks a lot.

But I have a lot of respect for life. But I do have empathy for others and their what they have to say - even if it is out of rage.

ReichAndRoll

Reaction score
That's the way i interpreted it too.... that he'd be willing to depart with loved ones in order to have a head of hair. I would never even wish hair loss on anyone in my family no matter how bad they upset / hurt me let alone be willing to part with a loved one for hair on my head!!! You're even willing to give up precious years of your own life, but yet acknowledge that you'd still be miserable EVEN WITH HAIR. Maybe once you stop feeling sorry for yourself and realize what a miserable f*cking thing that is to say, you'll regret saying it. There's more to life than hair god d*mnit.