ICX press release- overall positive news regarding HM

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Suposed to be - All you need is a small amount of hair from your donor site and they can clone as much stem cells required for hair from it as is needed ...

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah i guess. It is just hard to imagine someone getting that much amount of hair transplanted on his head!

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
how well did the phaze one trials come out? just hair regrowth or serious hair regrowth?

also how long till phaze 2 how many years could this all take in oppinion

bluechips

Established Member
Reaction score
Phase II results should come near the end of the year. Phase I only saw minimal growth, I believe. But the test was done to check the safety of the procedure rather than to test the full strength of its regrowth potential.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
bluechips said:
Phase II results should come near the end of the year. Phase I only saw minimal growth, I believe. But the test was done to check the safety of the procedure rather than to test the full strength of its regrowth potential.

We are suppose to be getting an update by the end of next month as they have been saying they will release info in the first half of 07.

IBM

Reaction score
One question: the "guinea pigs" will come out with full head of hair?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, I don't think that is the plan.

A search of Intercytex on the web gave me this site:
http://www.hairsite.com/intercytex-hair-multiplication.htm

In which this paragraph describes what they are doing:

"In phase II, there will be TWO test sites on each volunteer’s scalp. The first test site is on a completely bald area measuring about 1 sq cm. This site will be subject to100 injections of the cultured suspension. Unlike the first test site that resides on a completely bald area, the second test site is on a much larger area containing thinning hair. The second site will be subject to 900 injections. In other words, each volunteer will receive 1,000 injections divided between two test sites on his scalp. Both test sites will be administered and monitored simultaneously."

So to answer your question, I don't believe they are expecting any of the participants to achieve a "full" head of hair. But if they can accomplish hair growth with the two methods that they ARE doing, that would be AWESOME!!!

There is a good explanation of how they might change the protocol as the learn from one participant's reaction to the next. I never heard that before. I thought they were going to use 20 participants for the first protocol, and 20 more for the adjustment, and so on. The explanation makes more sense, and also makes sense of why we might not hear something until later this year. They are learning, too!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Surely there must be someone on this forum who knows of someone participating in these trials...We want some inside info.

We want more than is just on their web site.

CCS

Reaction score
dresden said:
will HM bring a NW6 back to NW2? Is it possible to clone that much hair?

yes. NW7 back to NW1, actually. Surface area is not the issue. Density and direction are. It is possible you might only get 50% the first time, and need a second run. But 20,000+ hairs is not an issue. Also, they might grow out in random directions and give you messy hair. But it will be hair. They will figure out later how to make the direction work better. Or maybe it will naturally come out right.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
im not that excited with all that HM process though. i've read about so many guys who get hair transplant and later start losing those hairs that were transplanted. As far as i know, HM uses the same process that hair transplant does to implant the hair on your scalp. I just cant imagine someone getting a head full of hair and be able to maintain it forever. i dont believe the "cure" will be out soon enough for any of us, just look back and you can see they didnt really come out with anything new over the last years.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
dresden said:
im not that excited with all that HM process though. i've read about so many guys who get hair transplant and later start losing those hairs that were transplanted. As far as i know, HM uses the same process that hair transplant does to implant the hair on your scalp. I just cant imagine someone getting a head full of hair and be able to maintain it forever. i dont believe the "cure" will be out soon enough for any of us, just look back and you can see they didnt really come out with anything new over the last years.

you are misinformed. HM does not use the same process that hair transplant does to implate the hair on your scalp....I doubt you read or researched that anywhere....you prob are just ASSUMING...you're too lazy to do the research.

losinghairsux

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
dresden said:

yes. NW7 back to NW1, actually. Surface area is not the issue. Density and direction are. It is possible you might only get 50% the first time, and need a second run. But 20,000+ hairs is not an issue. Also, they might grow out in random directions and give you messy hair. But it will be hair. They will figure out later how to make the direction work better. Or maybe it will naturally come out right.

Shiit, dude, a strong hair gel takes care of direction. I couldnt care really.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dresden said:

you don't know what you're talking about. for starters an hair transplant relies on moving hair from one place to the other - not duplicating it. HM doesn't require "donor" hair so it doesn't really matter how often you need it done.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
losinghairsux said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
dresden said:

Shiit, dude, a strong hair gel takes care of direction. I couldnt care really.

I hope that was a joke. If all your hairs grew in different directions your head would look a mess...it would not look natural at all....hair gel or no hair gel.

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
How much will it cost when it first comes out? is there going to be a few years at a premium price, like 50000 pounds or something? I mean, now people are saying ten years until its available, then is it gonna be another ten before its reasonably priced. Because by then I'll be so old and I'll have just given up.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
PiggyHogDaddy said:
How much will it cost when it first comes out? is there going to be a few years at a premium price, like 50000 pounds or something? I mean, now people are saying ten years until its available, then is it gonna be another ten before its reasonably priced. Because by then I'll be so old and I'll have just given up.

it wont be cheap thats for sure...but it has to be reasonably priced or they wont make any money of it....so start saving up!! ;)