ICX press release- overall positive news regarding HM

bluechips

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/rele ... 007-03-23/

2 positives:
First, prelim. results for Phase II will hopefully come in mid-2007, not late 2007.
Secondly, (see page 3) ICX will begin to seek approval for releasing HM on a small scale in 2008. While I'm not sure if I should believe that HM will actually arrive in 2008, I think the fact that they would pursue seeking approval for such an early release is a good sign. Perhaps, their current Phase II trialists have shown some early results.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This year is more exciting than most, in the sense that we should hear something about the status/outcomes of HM. I look forward to it.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that date. 2010 seems more realistic to me. But it if comes in 2008, maybe I can convince parents to let me have it as a graduation gift.

bluechips

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I must say that I expected more of a reaction than this. I guess people aren't that convinced about HM.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the day of hopefully good news for this...

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
bloody great news, but as mentioned above ppl dont want to get their expectations up too high only for them to come crashing down at the end, if this works then it'll be ok to go crazy!!

seriously though we should know by the end of this year whether HM works or not, lets just be patient and wait and see what happens.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they need some INVESTORS. The real solution is going to be gene manipulation. Ala meet George Jetson.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mahair said:
Sounds like they need some INVESTORS. The real solution is going to be gene manipulation. Ala meet George Jetson.

What they need is for their other products to start making money, I think they have some skin regeneration thing going at the moment..

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
saucemcbrolock said:
how much does a procedure like this cost?

who knows, this procedure doesn't even exist yet! But if they're smart, it will be less than a hair transplant.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard and was told from them, it would cost less than a hair transplant. But that is vague, I don't know if theyre were talking $10,000 or $5,000 or even $20,000 (that is a bit extreme).

It's a new product so at first it will be expensive. Basic economics will tell you the price will go down as time goes on and it becomes more common. The price, no one knows for sure.

The possibility of having a small scale commercialization in 2008 sounds too good to be true, but 2010 to me now is more realistic because that's when Aderans should be done so there is competition. But who knows when it will come out? By the time it comes out, you should have some money saved up for it. I know I will.

I'd look at Curis and other products coming out too, the next decade should be interesting.

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
so would they be actually cloning the folicles off your head. like growing them in the lab or somthething. . excuse my ignorance but i didnt understand the defianition i read.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
saucemcbrolock said:
so would they be actually cloning the folicles off your head. like growing them in the lab or somthething. . excuse my ignorance but i didnt understand the defianition i read.

pretty much.

they take a small sample (10 or so follicles) from a suitable donor area, like the back of your head. these then get sent to a lab where the dermal papilla cells (the cells responsible for generating hair) are extracted from the follicles and then are cloned/multiplied using a special machine they've developed - this is the innovative part of the process, doing it manually would take a very long time.

next, the big batch of dermal papillas are injected into the scalp which induce new hair growth (which will take about 3 months).

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
saucemcbrolock said:
so what the hell when is this $#iT coming out lol.

f*** knows. they're doing trials at the moment. when it comes out is dependent on these .. the results of which we'll hear sometime before the end of *this* year.

I think optimistically, best possible case, if everything goes to plan then we're looking at 2009.

the good news is there are a couple of other companies doing similar stuff, so hopefully that'll encourage competition/a race :)

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. you know what thou i might end up shaving my head before then, that will suck cause then i will still have to use monox and nozerol on my tottaly fully shaved to the skin, head.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
saucemcbrolock said:
thanks for the reply. you know what thou i might end up shaving my head before then, that will suck cause then i will still have to use monox and nozerol on my tottaly fully shaved to the skin, head.

done that :) after 3 months of Propecia I got annoyed with my crap hair and buzzed it to grade #1. I'll keep it like this until I get decent regrowth or hair cloning ;)

I quite like it, despite my obvious thinning, suits me lots of peeps have said :)