IceZ Story (Pics Included)

IceZ

Reaction score
Start of male pattern baldness: 17
Family: Dad has very fine hair, aged hairline but he has his hair age 55.
Grandfathers, 80 full head, Grandfather 83 norwood5.
Regimen: Nothing
Health: Excellent.
Allergies: none

Note: Take FishOil vitamin (started a month ago not for male pattern baldness just overall health), Smoker, no drugs, drinks on occasion.

Hi,

started losing late 16 early 17. Temples starting getting high and top started thinning. I was very good at hiding my hair. And have been stressing about it ever since. I just shaved my head 5 weeks ago. These pics show I need a little cut. I shave #1 once a week and this is day 5 so I kind of need a cut. I shaved the head because I was fed up of hiding, stressing, swimming with a bandana and doing sports with a hat on 100% of the time since I have been 17. I feel much better with the shave. Never worry about the hair, never ever wear hats or hide anymore. I think it is now time to try and do something about my male pattern baldness. I know some of you will say I waited too long, but because the loss is very slow, it's hard to notice. you notice when you can't style it the way u used to the past year and when you look back at photos. I am use to this losing hair and being so uncomfortable for 10 long years.
I have never taken anything for my male pattern baldness but I think now that I don't have to worry about styling it, I should give it a crack.
Note, I have a very dry scalp, lots of crust build up on my crown. Never ever greesy scalp. have always lost the same amount of hair after a shower or on my pillow. now with the buzz it's very hard to tell, I can pass my hand on my head 20 times and maybe if I'm lucky I end up with 2-3 heairs to examine. The hair that I lose is always the same color and density from either my crown or my sides. Don't think I ever went through a specific shed. Like I said, I have always noticed th esame amount of hair loss over the past 10 years.

This is my chance, I will try something. I want some help from you guys out there. Some advice...

I want to be part of your community and try and make a move to fight this and at least keep what I have.

Regards,

IceZ

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/trimarqi/album?.dir=/761d

Axon

Reaction score
Because your loss isn't particuarly advanced, and because your vertex looks solid, I'd suggest the standard big three - Minoxidil/Finasteride/Nizoral.

I think you can get some solid coarsening of the hair that has thinned out some on your hairline.

Pic 37 concerns me....when your hair grows out, does it look thin, or is it just thinner than the sides?

pmzito

Reaction score
i have gotten growth from rogaine on the front of my head. i think your loss isnt bad man. try the products. it doesnt hurt to try.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi...

Same old, same old (the advice that is)

finasteride + nizoral a.s.a.p.

Maybe add minoxidil after 12 months if results aren't good enough...

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
Ice, do you have any of your pics before your buzz cut? I'm interested in the crown area....

IceZ

Reaction score
Thanks for your replis.

Here are some updated pics right after a buzz. I uncluded some pics before the buzz. I don't have any close ups, so just save the pic and zoom the sh*t in. These are the only ones I have.
The crown area looks worse short. I have known for the longest time that the top is thinner then the sides, but when I had hair you could not see through it. But I guess the buzz shows the thinning, but the sides are so damm thick maybe thats why I could not see scalp when my hair was longer because the top was still Ok. Oh well...

As for finasteride+nizoral. I think I will give it a crack.
I am a little worried because I never ever take pills. Heck, I have not taken any sort of pill in the last 5 years. So I am a little worried that my body might go crazy on me.

Should I order the finasteride from this site??
Also, when I receive the pills what quantity/Frequency should I take them. You see my situation so maybe you can let me know.

As for minoxidil, I will hold back for now. I buzzed so I did not have to worry about styling and wastingmy time. And to start the minoxidil would feel like I am doing that again. And what, if I decide to stop it then all is lost, nahhh. Too much $$ for me.

Thanks again.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/trimarqi/my_photos

Rye and Ginger

Reaction score
finasteride

Don't start minoxidil yet (minoxidil = rogaine). You need to apply it 2x daily. Its a pain. Give finasteride a shot first.

1mg Finasteride = Propecia (for male pattern baldness taken once daily)
5mg Finasteride = Proscar (for benign prostate hyperplasia)

Your options:
1. Go to doctor get Rx for Propecia. Pay full price
2. Go to doctor and get Rx for Proscar. Cut into 1/4ths or 1/5ths for 1mg daily.. save money

Lots of people on here take proscar into 1/4ths .. Its exactly the same drug just ALOT cheaper

Use NIZORAL shampoo too. Its essentially an anti-dandruff shampoo that will help with the itching, and help cleaer scalp sebum (maybe) and (maybe) help reduce male pattern baldness. I only use it every 3 days or so.

Cheers

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
apart from a little tempolar recession (which lets face it is a very attractive masculine feature) i dont see anything wrong with your hair.
lol, i would give a lot to have hair like that. since after 10 years of "balding" your hair still looks so good, then if i were you, id eat propecia once a day and never come back to this site again.

Axon

Reaction score
It looks considerably thinner than the sides in certain photos. Hard to tell to the untrained eye, I would think.

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah man you're one of those blokes who looks alright bald
maybe it's worth thinking, this is my look - and it's alright :) and not worrying

I on the other hand hide under my hair and it goes really well, if I loose it, i'm fucked, and I think i've just started to

uncle fester here we come? time to bag a lady and get one in the oven quick :D fuckit!

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks better shaved, but def use min and finasteride to keep it that way.