iamnaked's success story

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been away for months and months, because there comes a point when you're so saturated with the lore of these boards that each new post has a deja-vu quality to it. Happily I can now say that this isn't the case.

Anyhow less of that. I don't have photos, but I'm well pleased with my progress on my diet of pills and weird stuff.

REGIMEN:
I've relied mainly on dutasteride (duprost), minoxidil and the odd bit of topical/occasionally eaten spironolactone. I occasionally use nizoral but I'm fairly convinced that this stuff works best on those whose hairloss is principally due to scalp oiliness. None of the science behind its androgenetic properties particularly inspires me with confidence.

RESULTS:
All in all I've gained perhaps 1/2 cm of regrowth across my whole hairline, and it in general feels much healthier. With a fringe, I don't even really look like I'm losing my hair. My ex girlfriend called me ridiculous recently for keeping up my treatments :p .

Bear in mind that there were some pretty depressing periods along the road to where I am now. The initial shed I suffered was really crappy. Subsequently to this, there were weeks in which I thought my hair looked amazingly good, and weeks in which I thought it looked utter sh*t. The moral of the story is to not give up just because of minor setbacks.

And to the generic-haters, I'm afraid you're just muppets. There's no reason why scepticism with regards to generic products shouldn't be levelled at the brand name products as well. If the major drug companies could rubbish the quality of their generic imitators, without having their asses sued to high heaven, they would. All I can say is that my stuff worked excellently, so props to Cipla/United Pharmacies.

Good luck, and patience to all you others out there.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
congratulations on your success.
what is your current Norwood? What was your Norwood before treatment?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
congratulations on your success.
what is your current Norwood? What was your Norwood before treatment?

Thanks! I'd say I was a Norwood 1.5, whereas now I'm 1.25.

dek

Reaction score
congrats man. Do you think you can give us some sort of time scale with regards to your sheds and regrowth?

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome man! Congrats on your success and I hope it will continue for many many years!

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The sheds I endured happened about every 2 months. I just noticed a period when my front would lose density and look crap. But that never lasted longer than about a week, and it was followed a week later by a week of it looking really good, so fair enough! I've noticed that the swings have been getting less serious of late.

Britannia

Reaction score
This further enforces the theory that the earlier treatments are started in the progression of male pattern baldness, the greater the results.