I’m 31 and losing my hair

blacklens

Reaction score
I’m 31 and losing my hair.

Made up my mind to try Duprost (Generic Dutasteride) by Cipla
Why not Finasteride? Side effects worry me but it is a risk reward thing.
I have chosen to buy from http://www.unitedpharmacies.com just received my order today.

10 packs of 10 or 100 pills for 107.50$ my first impression was not great. It seems there is no box like in there add, just the blister packs of the 10 pills per pack. The pills looked like soggy tick tacks. Possible do to the heat and melting. One was even opened but it looked like the box had seen some ware, not like it was tampered with just rough handling. The mailed box the pills came is plain and I do not think any could tell you ordered hair loss meds from some overseas supplier. (Peace of mind in case you want to keep things on the down low)

I opened one pill to see what was inside, poked a hole and squeezed the stuff out. Stuff had a smell but I can’t describe, it was clear and looked and felt oily. Not much else to note. Took one melted pill with some Orange juice and now I wait and hope.
Aug 8th 2005

Diesel

Reaction score
This is not good. I ordered gereric dutasteride from Dr. Reddy (Dutas). Mine came in a blister pack, everything in tact, no melting.

What is not good, is that on the back of my blister pack it says "store under 25 degrees C). If your caps have melted, they may be defective. I would contact the company and ask for a new shipment. You should be able to send your shipment back.

Why risk it.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
blacklens said:
I’m 31 and losing my hair.

Made up my mind to try Duprost (Generic Dutasteride) by Cipla
Why not Finasteride? Side effects worry me but it is a risk reward thing.

I hope you are aware that dutasteride sides can be worse than finasteride and due to the long half life they will not dissapear for a while after stopping.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing is you can think yourself lucky your 31 and not 25, 22 or even 18 like some of us here... in fairness its more acceptable to be balding in your 30's as opposed to your 20's.

Good luck with all the treatments... id go for finasteride myself... worked for me for 4 years...

blacklens

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. I’m not sure why it did not occur to me to send back the melted pills. Your right why risk it. Making a call today to see if I can return them, I’ll keep you all posted.

My age and balding touched a nerve. To be honest I don't feel like I'm balding age though you have a point. I think it’s hard on anyone to be balding
Just sucks knowing you’re not the young person you use to be. (And it shows) I'll have to sit with that for a bit and see if I can get it strait in my mind.

Thanks again for the replies this is an active forum great responses from all.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Yes, there are friends here that started balding so early... But I believe that the feelings that this state generates are similar and painful to all. One funny thing I have noticed: a man that never had a hair problem will never understand what it is like. It will strike him as vanity or over self consciousness.

I find it much more similar to mutilation.

G

It sucks even more to be the only person in your school to be bald :freaked2:

At 30 you've already lived half of your life

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, being 30 or 31 and starting to bald is bad too.

i won't say it is worse than 21, but i can say at least balding at 21 you actually are still young--and have that to console you...balding at 30 just makes the other beginnings of aging hit home even harder...it's different for everyone, but balding at 30 feels like about the worst time to me...but then again, maybe that is just cause that's when it hit me...

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
i think the issue is more people who catch the balding sooner, which usually means younger--but doesn't necessarily...i could be wrong, but in anycase, younger or sooner, it seems that if you catch it before you lose much you can save more...and saving more=working better in my opinion

G

SEfreak said:
how old are you, random?

I started balding aroudn 16, by 18 I had noticeable thinning

By 19 my friends described me as 'bald'

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
okay, that is worse than your 30 year old friends calling you bald i guess...but the moral is the same. it sucks at any age.