i ...

hopewas

Reaction score
just ordered 90 tablets of proscar. first time.. hopes it stops my hairloss..and even grow some hair. cassin.. i took your word for it.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for going on 5 months and minoxidil going on 4 and my hair has gotten way , way, way better. The friends that new I was balding call me Mr. Propecia now instead of saying the usual "hello" greeting.

My friends all admit my hair has improved dramatically. If your one of the responders, you will be happy with the results.

hopewas

Reaction score
thanks.. looking forward to starting it.. anyways.. do you guys cut it into 4 pieces or 5 ..and if you do cut it in 5, how do you do it considering it's a round tablet? if it's round there is no way to making it equal. it is round right? anyways. cassin, i know you said you cut it into 5 pieces..i'll probably cu it into 4. anyways, thanks for the talk yesterday mike and cassin

G

hopewas said:
thanks.. looking forward to starting it.. anyways.. do you guys cut it into 4 pieces or 5 ..and if you do cut it in 5, how do you do it considering it's a round tablet? if it's round there is no way to making it equal. it is round right? anyways. cassin, i know you said you cut it into 5 pieces..i'll probably cu it into 4. anyways, thanks for the talk yesterday mike and cassin

I used to just quarter it if 1.0 MG is the desire dose. You lose some qty when cutting. Then you can also just not take it say on Sunday and your weekly dose will be pretty much dead on.

I used a pill cutter and an exacto knife.

Good luck!!

hopewas

Reaction score
another thread says it's hard to cut.. is it really that hard? i'll have to ask cassin for tips.. he says it's easy with a razor. i'm going to cut it into 4 and take it that way myself. cut it like a cross. hopefully it doesn't fall apart and crumble while i cut it. and i'll take 1/4 of one pill a day. that's what i need to do right?do the other 3 pieces of the tablet stay good when it's not sealed. and you guys are sure proscar is like propecia right? i read about proscar and it says it's for something else..although it's also called finasteride

ShedMaster

Reaction score
finasteride is the generic name for the brand name propecia... like ib profin is generic for advil.. and acetometaphine is generic for tylonol.

same stuff.

proscar is simply 5mg of finasteride, hence the cutting of proscar.

Cassin

Reaction score
Hopewas I made the switch to Proscar about 5 or 6 months ago with no bumps.

I just posted this on another thread. This is how I cut them.
use this link...

http://proscar.cyberatlantis.com/proscar.php

scroll down right above the prices where it says......

"Can't figure out how to cut that Proscar tablet into fifths (1mg)? Use this."

and click "This"

I have maybe screwed up 3 tabs total cutting them. Not a big loss. It's easy.

hopewas

Reaction score
thanks. i hope my order overseas doesn't get lost in the mail.. cost me almost 300 dollars. i ordered it from http://www.natural-hair.com/proscar.html .. same place mike gets it. mike do they make you sign a signature when you receive it? if it gets lost in the mail i'm out 300 dollars. hopefully that doesn' happen

Cassin

Reaction score
No clue on the signature.......

On a side note, I had an easier time cutting it into 5ths than fourths. In 4ths I always felt as if I got odd doses. No diff in effects or feeling. I only did 1.25 for 3 weeks.

hopewas

Reaction score
well.. that page on cutting it and where to cut it gives me a good idea on how to cut it.. hopefully it doesn't crumble and cuts through it perfectly. you only have to take 1/5 of a pill a day right?

Cassin

Reaction score
hopewas said:
well.. that page on cutting it and where to cut it gives me a good idea on how to cut it.. hopefully it doesn't crumble and cuts through it perfectly. you only have to take 1/5 of a pill a day right?

Yeah, and they are really freaking tiny. Like crumbs.

You need to push down on the blade or whatever you use quick when you cut. I was shocked at how easy they split. At first I had thought my pharmacy gave me the wrong stuff.

dave01_us

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on proscar since May the last bunch i cut in only 3 pieces to up the dose somewhat....i'll see how it goes

Axon

Reaction score
It's really not that hard to cut the tablet once you get used to it.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut it into 8 pieces. Believe it or not, that dose does the same as the 1mg dose. Don't take more than you have to.