I Would Give Anything To Escape This

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
See above. Sadly most hair transplant surgeons dont use all that is available to them. I dont mean to scare anyone with my posts because hair loss is such a mental f*ck up but i personally would recommend getting metrics taken. Dr Rassman in the USA uses haircheck to take metrics. Someone can look like a NW2 with no visible sign of thinning but the haircheck device can show a loss of hairbulk in a NW6 pattern compared to the donor area. It shows things on a macroscopic level. I just think people need to be careful when getting hair transplant's because i think all of us here, the types of people we are, will always care somewhat about our appearance. If you go to a pub or place where people are mainly older (40s+) then you will see just how common it is for men to bald all over. For these reasons i just think people need to be careful when planning hair transplant's.

Sometimes even not having one can be better than having one if you are not a good candidate for one and can save you from more stress in future. The hair transplant's I see on youtube when guys have densely packed hairlines...I personally cringe. Yes they look great short term. Maybe even for 5-10 years if on finasteride. But what then?
There's no point in getting a hair transplant unless you are getting a solid NW1 hairline.

What's the point of having "going bald hair" hair? it's still dogshit.

You can always get a wig for the crown area, the crown area doesn't matter anyway, the natural test is on the hairline. Having a naturally looking hairline is everything.
Say bye to any chances of a normal life if you are wearing a wig tho.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when I'll go hair transplant I gonna make NW1.75 or even NW2

I always lol at people get NW0 by hair transplant and then loosing till NW6 and do not have any grafts anymore

REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS are the key

Cope. If you don't have a good looking hairline like the guy on your avatar, or George Clooney, then that's it, you are done.
Having a good hairline is NECESSARY to feel vitality. Having a hairline that looks like you have a big forehead/balding is sh*t.

When you are 40+, you'll envy men like this:

140130170506-george-clooney-file-story-top.jpg

Not having a good hairline past 40+ = still painful, drink-bleach tier.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
when I'll go hair transplant I gonna make NW1.75 or even NW2

I always lol at people get NW0 by hair transplant and then loosing till NW6 and do not have any grafts anymore

REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS are the key

I actually want SLIGHT recession. A perfectly straight hairline looks funny to me. Ideally, I'd like Jude Law's hairline before he starting really losing it:

AuGXwrr.jpg

T

tellersquill

Its just a question of personal aesthetics.

The best example is tattoos - now I'm covered in them - some women love me more because of them and some find it a turn off. What is clear is that it isn't universal.

Same goes for hair - we all disagree on what looks best. I, too, like a NW2 over a NW0. We all have our preferences.

Having said that, you'd have to be insane to want a NW7!

jd_uk

Reaction score
There's no point in getting a hair transplant unless you are getting a solid NW1 hairline.

What's the point of having "going bald hair" hair? it's still dogshit.

You can always get a wig for the crown area, the crown area doesn't matter anyway, the natural test is on the hairline. Having a naturally looking hairline is everything.
Say bye to any chances of a normal life if you are wearing a wig tho.

Clueless.

lbj2

Reaction score
My 2,400 graft hair transplant at 27 was perhaps the best decision I've ever made. I'd reached Norwood 3.5-4 at that point, after starting the balding process at 14 (and only beginning to delay it with Propecia at 18, when I was already a NW3--I was not well-advised by my doctor on that one at 16, who claimed I was sure to go bald anyway, so why bother doing anything). After the surgery, my hairline was a solid NW3. Last year at 32 I had an additional procedure to fill in the mid-scalp to back near the crown with 1,600 or so grafts, with a couple hundred added up front. In terms of transplants, given that I have an excellent donor area and wavy hair, my only regret is that I didn't start earlier, and go more aggressive. I would've liked to shape a Norwood 2 or 2.5 hairline--my surgeon "won" that debate, but I think to my detriment, and I plan to add a thousand grafts or so up front within the next couple years. In the mating game and in building a career, the earlier you get a handle on these things, so much the better.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You will escape this because you are privelaged with non aggressive hairloss. The less hair you loose, the easier it is to get back... which begs the question to which I already know the answer but, what about my bald homies?

lbj2

Reaction score
One additional note: one huge difference now is that I largely feel in control of how much hair is on top of my head--I'm unlikely to be noticeably balder at 40 as I continue to move follicles around, and I actually bet that I'll have a somewhat fuller head of hair then than now. Better hair at 40 than 18? I'll take that, despite a few thousand spent on drugs and another 30,000 or so on plugs. Maybe my hair will be sh*t by 50 (I suspect it will actually look at least OK for my age then), but I have plenty of hope that there will be other options at that point, and besides, without drugs and plugs, my hair would've all been gone by 25. This condition probably should have been cured a decade or so ago, but at least we now have treatments that allow you to regain a measure of control over a cosmetic condition so serious that it not only generally kills your sex life but also quite commonly saps your will to live.

shookwun

Reaction score
I am willing to spend thousands of dollars to escape this. As long as medications are maintaining my head to moderate coverage, I will rape my donor to achieve normality.

Don't want to ever have to wear a toupee again, but that's the path I will take if I go bald.

I cannot endure the image of being bald, it's to much for me to handle. Kudos to those that can deal with it, you're stronger then me.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went for Rahal.

Very good choice :).

I am willing to spend thousands of dollars to escape this.

This. I laughed a bit at the post of @zircon because his father found it a "obscene amount". While I remember zircon telling in another post that his father was a millionaire.

A proper hairline with healthy hair over your scalp is pretty much priceless. Nothing can beat the peace of mind you get with it. At least that is my opinion.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
To him its cosmetic and therefore of no use. He doesn't understand the intangible value of having hair, no matter how hard I try to convince him. I'm financing the surgery myself so he can think what he wants.

That's exactly why I chuckled. My father doesn't give a sh*t either about his hair. He had very nice hair till age ~45 anyway. However he did say: "If that makes you happy son, go for it".

On the other hand I laughed so hard. He said against me prior that I shouldn't care so much for my hair. Then my mom stepped in and said that my father went to the doctor once when he was 30 years old when I was little because he thought his hair was falling out. I looked at a picture of him and he had literally a thick NW1 back then, lmao. The doctor said he was paranoid. I laughed so hard with my mom. My father turned red.

Meanwhile I was a NW3 at age 23. Critical moment came when my frontal forelock was getting shredded. That was the time for action. Luckily my hair transplant turned out awesome and and I bet yours will too with Dr. Rahal. It truly is a great feeling when you see those hair follicles grow :).

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
One additional note: one huge difference now is that I largely feel in control of how much hair is on top of my head--I'm unlikely to be noticeably balder at 40 as I continue to move follicles around, and I actually bet that I'll have a somewhat fuller head of hair then than now. Better hair at 40 than 18? I'll take that, despite a few thousand spent on drugs and another 30,000 or so on plugs. Maybe my hair will be sh*t by 50 (I suspect it will actually look at least OK for my age then), but I have plenty of hope that there will be other options at that point, and besides, without drugs and plugs, my hair would've all been gone by 25. This condition probably should have been cured a decade or so ago, but at least we now have treatments that allow you to regain a measure of control over a cosmetic condition so serious that it not only generally kills your sex life but also quite commonly saps your will to live.

Fine work, sir.

Stopped by the local grocery store last night. As usual, no shortage of bald men pushing that cart around the aisles by themselves.

Most with that lifeless look on their faces ... just going thru the motions ... like a bunch of hairless zombies ... existing, but not actually living life. (granted, maybe the just hate shopping for food ... lol)

Always see the same thing at the local park every summer while doing pull-ups and dips on the exercise bars. A bunch of baldos wandering around by themselves ... passing by fullheads walking hand-in-hand with their girlfriends ... unable to escape the inherent strangeness and creepiness they exude thanks to their genetic cheap shot.

This cruel condition has probably ruined more lives than the top ten diseases combined...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mothers tend to be more understanding, it seems. I guess it's because they're used to being in situations where they judge men on their looks. Whereas men of earlier generations did not do this as much.

Funny, my dad has actually been way more understanding than my mom since I disclosed my upcoming transplant to them. Ever since I told them, my mom keeps being like, "your hair looks so nice today!" As if saying these things is going to convince me I don't have massive bald patches on the sides of my hairline

T

tellersquill

Funny, my dad has actually been way more understanding than my mom since I disclosed my upcoming transplant to them. Ever since I told them, my mom keeps being like, "your hair looks so nice today!" As if saying these things is going to convince me I don't have massive bald patches on the sides of my hairline
At least it shows she loves you. She's trying to make you feel good

shookwun

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys have privileged fathers. All though most of you ended up getting the short side of the stick.

Father was balding as a late teenager, and to no surprise I ended up also balding as a teenager.

This is what makes me so hesitant about spreading my genetics. Do I rely want to see my own son start balding at fifteen to sixteen years old. it's very sad to think about in foresight. All that pain I went through now being passed onto my child. As if it wasn't enough that I was a mental rekt after experience all that. His life will also be on HARD MODE.

Last edited:

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys have privileged fathers. All though most of you ended up getting the short side of the stick.

Father was balding as a late teenager, and to no surprise I ended up also balding as a teenager.

This is what makes me so hesitant about spreading my genetics. Do I rely want to see my own son start balding at fifteen to sixteen years old. it's very sad to think about in foresight. All that pain I went through now being passed onto my child. As if it wasn't enough that I was a mental rekt after experience all that. His life will also be on HARD MODE.

Because you are bald does not mean = children also bald.

My father and grandfathers are 3 full head and i am bald:confused:

The baldness gene often skips a generation or more.

shookwun

Reaction score
Because you are bald does not mean = children also bald.

My father and grandfathers are 3 full head and i am bald:confused:

The baldness gene often skips a generation or more.
Always hear about this skips a generation spiel.

All my uncles are bald, grand fathers bald, and father is bald. So much for skipping generations.

& guess what, chances are I will be bald.

If you have balding relatives, and family members then chances are your off spring will also experience this.

I suppose finding a women with absolute tier 1 genes with no baldness can help off set this, but if you have the gene there is a good chance your offspring will experience baldness.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For me Wesley Snajders had one of the most amazing hair transplant (multiply sessions).

78-wesley-sneijder-balding-02.jpg

s9_3b52c.jpg

wesley-sneijder-after-hair-transplant.jpg

That hairline is ideal for me (but probably I'll get a bit deeper tho) since buzzcut suits me quite decent.

That's the perfect hair transplant.