I Won The Battle But Lost The War .

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 months and 1 week. The amount of time I've been on Finastride.

It's been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions since I began this treatment. The medication has undoubtedly done what it was supposed to do, but at a price.

I responded faster to it than most people. After a horrific shed, the regrowth started as soon as 2 months. But with the good also came the bad. Unfortunately, I experienced most of the side effects that steer people away from using this drug.

Honestly, these last 7 month's have been hell. My mind is not what it used to be. I forget things so frequently now. Because of this my work has suffered greatly. I'll read an email or take a phone call and 5 minutes later I forget what it was about.
Even reading a few chapters of a book. I sometimes cannot for the life of me remember what I read an hour later.

My mood as never been so low. I'm such a grumpy bastard to be around now and I hate it. I've noticed my friends contact me less frequently and my relationship with my family has deteriorated. In the last 3 months I've been prescribed Xanex for anxiety. I've never been medicated for anything in my 31 years before starting Finastride. I'm not happy anymore. I know things are bad when I can't remember the last time I laughed.

Thankfully I haven't experienced ED, however, I find it incredibly difficult to become aroused or maintain an erection. I go 2-3 weeks sometimes without masturbating. Forget sleeping with women. I've completely lost interest.

The results I've had with hair growth over the last several months have been fantastic but at the end of the day, my mind is more important. I want to get back to being the person I was before I began Finastride. Not this gloomy, forgetful, shell of a person. It's time to quit.

I understand not everyone experiences these side effects, so if you're a person contemplating taking it, don't let me put you off it. It's an incredible drug when it works, but I'm one of the unlucky dudes in that low percentage that got the full whack of side effects.

Cheers to everyone who's answered my questions over the years. I won't be coming back here again, for my own piece of mind. I'm expecting to lose everything I've gained over the next few month's but I'm just going to take a razor to it and try to stop giving a sh*t about my hair.

Attachments

• IMG_2019-05-21_21-12-05.JPG
    IMG_2019-05-21_21-12-05.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_2019-05-21_21-12-53.JPG
    IMG_2019-05-21_21-12-53.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_2019-05-21_21-13-19.JPG
    IMG_2019-05-21_21-13-19.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_2019-05-21_21-13-54.JPG
    IMG_2019-05-21_21-13-54.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_2019-05-21_21-14-15.JPG
    IMG_2019-05-21_21-14-15.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using finasteride for nearly 3 months now and I would gladly take some side effects if it would just help my hair!

People say to wait a year, but nearly all the success stories I read (and yours is just one more) say they saw results in just 2-3 months. I never hear of anyone using it for 6, 8 or 10 months and seeing results then.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth from finasteride doesnt get addicted to the drug like it does to minoxidil. The hair your you've grown back will be there, even after you stop taking the medication. For how long, i dont know. But i think for a long time.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Regrowth from finasteride doesnt get addicted to the drug like it does to minoxidil. The hair your you've grown back will be there, even after you stop taking the medication. For how long, i dont know. But i think for a long time.

What are you basing that on?

Interestingly, the transformation of terminal hair into miniaturised hair occurred only after 12 months without treatment, that is the time necessary to complete a clinically significant full hair cycle initiated during the drug intake. This explains why exogen hair release and miniaturisation occurred only between 12 and 30 months "off-drug" while resistant hair grew also slower.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31081179

@OP That sucks man. Breezula would essentially cure your ***, as you are a great responder. Sucks shits always x years away. Anyhow, check the above article, you should have at least 12 months with that mane. Enjoy while it lasts, and godspeed brother. Hope you'll feel better soon.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You are a 1 in a million responder, you went back to a full head of hair.

I would say stay on despite the sides because your results are amazing, but if they are truly as bad as you say, then it's time to quit.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@xetrys
As stated in your quote, at 12 months, miniaturisation occured 12 - 30 months without treatment. It takes 12 months before the hairloss kicks in again.
From there on, its going to take a long time before you are going to reach "just shave it bro" territory again. Hairloss is a very slow process.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like u had thining all over . And you were cured .damn thats a shame . Enjoy your hair back And hopefully it will last till something better comes out

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you, I've been on fina for 1.5 years and I now look like your first pic. I think I'm going to take a razor to it as well, the sides just aren't worth it. DHT is great for everything but your hair.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm I know it sounds boring but have you tried to cut down the dose? I would get down to 0.5 mg or so just to maintain if I would get a regrowth like yours. The results look great honestly.

It’s hard to cope with anxiety and such but if you take finasteride and think about the sides all the time, the anxiety is only gonna make it worse. I’m in a similar situation, worried all the time about the sides.

Kalad!n

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a real shame. The progress photos look amazing but you're right to prioritize your state of mind over your hair. Best of luck to you.

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, those are amazing results OP.
Maybe using a relatively weak dht-inhibitor such as fluridl can buy you some time while waiting for better treatments. If you respond this good to finasteride then maybe you will respond well to fluridl.

Randomguy02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps go down to a slower dossage and/or a less frequent dossage? 0.5mg every 2-3 days to at least maintain.

Kalad!n

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try zix to maintain or maybe a topical anti androgen. Srsly your results are crazy good.

And yes I know how you feel man. Fina worked well for me too but at price that's just unimaginable. You need to experience it to know how fcked these side effects are, they can wreck your life.

Btw, as a last resort you could also get a hair system.

I'm feeling some of them side effects too but just not as bad. What is zix?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have Finasteride & Duasteride in liquid form. I take few drops.. No sides only thicker hair.

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the heck are those results wow, lets trade places...
Try lowering the dose, or topical DHT blocker or something, that is way too good results to just give up, IMO.