I wish there was more understanding how debilitating this is.

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont even know where to start, or whatever.

This disease is absolutely awful. Is it worse than cancer, aids? Probably not, but it sure FEELS like it is. I guess to some people, who are better able to cope, it's not a big deal......but then there's the rest of us.

37 here, 2 kids, separated. I started really noticing my hair loss probably 8-9 years ago. Nothing major, just noticed a little scalp showing under a light. It bothered me, but I shook it off and kept moving.

As time went on, it became worse and worse. Changing hair styles worked for a little while.

Fast forward to now. I'm a Norwood 2.5 with diffuse thinning on top. It's getting to the point where I can barely cover up my secret anymore.

Yeah, I know.....get over it. Go to the gym, shave it, whatever. People have worse problems, etc. I'm an average looking guy, not hideous, but not someone who gets noticed for being great looking.........with hair. Without it, it's a MASSIVE hit.

It has literally driven me to the point of madness. I look in the mirror on average 30-40x a day. Praying for a miracle every day, hoping Finasteride will do something to help improve the situation, but its a let down every time.

I keep the curtains closed in my house, and try to stay in darkness as much as possible. I love the sun, being outside, swimming.......all of those things are gone now. My anxiety about the sun showing off my thin hair, and shining a spotlight on it makes it an impossibility now.

I dont want to socialize with friends anymore, because I'm on edge wondering if my hair looks like total sh1t. Any gust of wind (which always comes) destroys 45 minutes of meticulously placing every hair in the right spot to cover it up.

I know, I know "get over it, shave it, deal with it". I get it, nobody cares or understands. This sh1t is no joke though. I used to be a happy person, who enjoyed doing things. Now all I'm capable of is isolation, depression, and thoughts of splattering my whispy scalp all over the wall.

I wish the medical community TRULY understood how devastating this sh1t is for some people. It is crippling, and literally can turn an otherwise happy person into a debilitated loser. But, it's a "guy" problem. Guys don't have feelings, or self esteem issues, just suck it up and deal with it.

They should have cured this by now.....but no. Your choices are:
-Wear a fu3king wig.
- Go pay 10k dollars to have a surgeon move hair from the back of your head to the top, look unnatural, and look even worse 15 years later when the rest goes.
-Get on hormone altering drugs that can mess your dick up possibly.

Rant off. I just really wish the medical community took this miserable f*****g disease way more seriously than they do. There are millions of men, just like me, who are living in total misery because of this.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I think that having hair in your 20s is all that you can ask for, in my opinion. Jesus died in his 30s so why does anybody deserve any more? You have been able to have a marriage and children. However, this doesn't change things for you and I can tell you now that you likely won't be able to get over your hair loss. I recommend that you use hair fibres and once your hair loss stabilizes, either through meds or you reaching your final hair loss pattern, you should get a hair transplant.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

This disease is absolutely awful. Is it worse than cancer, aids? Probably not, but it sure FEELS like it is. I guess to some people, who are better able to cope, it's not a big deal......but then there's the rest of us.

37 here, 2 kids, separated. I started really noticing my hair loss probably 8-9 years ago. Nothing major, just noticed a little scalp showing under a light. It bothered me, but I shook it off and kept moving.

As time went on, it became worse and worse. Changing hair styles worked for a little while.

Fast forward to now. I'm a Norwood 2.5 with diffuse thinning on top. It's getting to the point where I can barely cover up my secret anymore.

Yeah, I know.....get over it. Go to the gym, shave it, whatever. People have worse problems, etc. I'm an average looking guy, not hideous, but not someone who gets noticed for being great looking.........with hair. Without it, it's a MASSIVE hit.

It has literally driven me to the point of madness. I look in the mirror on average 30-40x a day. Praying for a miracle every day, hoping Finasteride will do something to help improve the situation, but its a let down every time.

I keep the curtains closed in my house, and try to stay in darkness as much as possible. I love the sun, being outside, swimming.......all of those things are gone now. My anxiety about the sun showing off my thin hair, and shining a spotlight on it makes it an impossibility now.

I dont want to socialize with friends anymore, because I'm on edge wondering if my hair looks like total sh1t. Any gust of wind (which always comes) destroys 45 minutes of meticulously placing every hair in the right spot to cover it up.

I know, I know "get over it, shave it, deal with it". I get it, nobody cares or understands. This sh1t is no joke though. I used to be a happy person, who enjoyed doing things. Now all I'm capable of is isolation, depression, and thoughts of splattering my whispy scalp all over the wall.

I wish the medical community TRULY understood how devastating this sh1t is for some people. It is crippling, and literally can turn an otherwise happy person into a debilitated loser. But, it's a "guy" problem. Guys don't have feelings, or self esteem issues, just suck it up and deal with it.

-Wear a fu3king wig.
- Go pay 10k dollars to have a surgeon move hair from the back of your head to the top, look unnatural, and look even worse 15 years later when the rest goes.

Rant off. I just really wish the medical community took this miserable f*****g disease way more seriously than they do. There are millions of men, just like me, who are living in total misery because of this.

keep your hair shorter , gives the illusion it is thicker plus use a thickening shampoo and cream

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Society just hates men and all people want secretly bald people to die, even children pray for the death of their father if he is balding because they know they are cursed too

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
keep your hair shorter , gives the illusion it is thicker plus use a thickening shampoo and cream
What is a thickening shampoo that actually works?

Will this one do anything?

Therapy_Biotin_Shampoo_530x@2x.png

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're 37 ffs just get a transplant and take finasteride and stop being a b**ch. Imagine being NW7 in your early 20's on the other hand

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** you.
Do you think being in one's 30s makes it any easier? If anything, it makes it WORSE because I didnt have to deal with this sh*t at puberty and learn to accept it before I got my first piece of ***......like you.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** you.
Do you think being in one's 30s makes it any easier? If anything, it makes it WORSE because I didnt have to deal with this sh*t at puberty and learn to accept it before I got my first piece of ***......like you.
kill yourself

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** you.
kill yourself

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one kill themselves without at least being my acolyte first. There are multiple ways to enjoy one's life, even tongue in cheek. "If I have to be female for my hair, I might as well not be an ugly XY approximation" dragged in, kicking and screaming so to speak, Janey says. But I am petite and big guys have their own issues in terms of always being masculine and tall.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one kill themselves without at least being my acolyte first. There are multiple ways to enjoy one's life, even tongue in cheek. "If I have to be female for my hair, I might as well not be an ugly XY approximation" Janey says. But I am petite and big guys have their own issues in terms of always being masculine and tall.
The OP should kill himself for saying being a bald teen is easier than being a bald 40 something because you will "accept it earlier", as if the problem with baldness is accepting it or not and not how disfiguring it is and how it disables you in all area of life an makes you look like an aged freak

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should think before you reply to my thread, calling me a b!tch for trying to get some support from other's with similar problems.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should think before you reply to my thread, calling me a b!tch for trying to get some support from other's with similar problems.
Kill yourself. No wonder your wife left you if you want to whine like a b**ch on the internet.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
You overreact too much. I didn't call you a b**ch in a mean way, i just said that you should stop bitching - complaining - because your situation is easily salvageable and you don't have it as bad as you think - by your age 50% of men have visible hair loss and many are totally bald for years - so you need to get a grip and think rationally for a minute

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The OP should kill himself for saying being a bald teen is easier than being a bald 40 something because you will "accept it earlier", as if the problem with baldness is accepting it or not and not how disfiguring it is and how it disables you in all area of life an makes you look like an aged freak
I had a friend like that and he seemed to cope at age 16 since his father was huge and bald and on the farm, it didn't matter so much back then, but this guy was like the football player on varsity blues in terms of stealing grooming and other charming habits like blowing wind from beneath a kilt, taken from the Scots. Willie was too good to be a Scot. He was destined to be a janitor in America. The Scots were so ornery that the Brits just gave up down in the Carolinas and then the rest of us hated them too so we chased them into the center of the country because like the Picts, they just love fighting and if theren't Scots nor other Brits to be fought then Indians do great in a pinch as well. Every single Scottish man is thinking those same thoughts about being too crude and rude and ugly to continue but Scots just drink away the pain.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

-Wear a fu3king wig.

You can't have a cure without something to cure and the vast majority of men on earth never bald substantially or even at all, really. This is an Indo-European and Semitic issue. Other races seemingly don't need a cure unless it's a cure for having too much hair. Half of you guys wore crewcuts or backward-assed baseball caps until you noticed hair loss anyway so what's the big deal? Wigs work pretty much like hats.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But that's technically the majority of population on earth if you include Indians into the Caucasian/Indo-European list
It might be half if you consider mixed indigenous populations but then if you swap out all of the females in all races, you get something like 25 percent of humans in general. Pretty good catch on your part as I looking to shock some folks back to reality, not in terms of their own lives or yours, but in terms of how much baldness matters globally. Frankly, I became a much nicer person after I was balding. I was already short and realized I wouldn't grow anymore but then incipient baldness really sucks since you can trade on typical male strengths if you will. But at my size, I make at least a decent tranny. But even for me, as a past male, I feel exposed and unable to defend myself against larger males.