i will start oral minoxil

Hair36123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since there is no tablet form of minoxidil in the country I live in, I am thinking of drinking the liquid form, what do you think about the effect and side effects?

Attachments

• images (14).jpeg
    images (14).jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 55

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been consuming the 5% topical for three months and have gotten moderate gains in body hair (my goal). I am 55.
Only sides initially were headache and lower leg edema. Those sides disappeared after lowering the dose and being on it for several weeks. I now consume 5 drops diluted in water twice a day, supplemented with 1,000 mg oral LCLT and occasional dermarolling on the areas where I want growth.

Mpbsucks4545

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quite a few members drink but not sure how much of it survives the stomach to get through to the liver.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
An alternative is to take it sublingually which will bypass the digestive system. I know that when I use it this way (about 2-3 drops under the tongue and wait a couple of minutes before swallowing), I get a much stronger hit with the side-effects such as headache and feeling of edema in my legs. I would guess from this experience that a lot more the Minoxidil is entering my system than by just drinking a solution of Minoxidil and water.
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this?

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Une alternative est de le prendre par voie sublinguale, ce qui contournera le système digestif. Je sais que lorsque je l'utilise de cette façon (environ 2-3 gouttes sous la langue et attendez quelques minutes avant d'avaler), j'obtiens un coup beaucoup plus fort avec des effets secondaires tels que des maux de tête et une sensation d'œdème dans les jambes. Je suppose d'après cette expérience que beaucoup plus de Minoxidil entre dans mon système qu'en buvant simplement une solution de Minoxidil et d'eau.
Quelqu'un a-t-il des idées ou des idées à ce sujet?
@Norwoody

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much every sublingual drug hits the serum harder with a short spike of a high concentration, but the trade off is that you also will eliminate it faster too. Oral or topical administration don't create as much of a spike, but it will stay in the system longer which is more ideal for hair loss.

The only thing I could say might be worth experimenting with sublingually MIGHT be estradiol, in order to get a quick spike in E without having it in the system long enough to induce gyno and such, but this is uncharted territory. But with things like finasteride and minoxidil, you want them to stay in your system at a steady concentration, as these are drugs you have to commit to long-term anyways.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much every sublingual drug hits the serum harder with a short spike of a high concentration, but the trade off is that you also will eliminate it faster too. Oral or topical administration don't create as much of a spike, but it will stay in the system longer which is more ideal for hair loss.

The only thing I could say might be worth experimenting with sublingually MIGHT be estradiol, in order to get a quick spike in E without having it in the system long enough to induce gyno and such, but this is uncharted territory. But with things like finasteride and minoxidil, you want them to stay in your system at a steady concentration, as these are drugs you have to commit to long-term anyways.
diluting minoxidil in water and drinking a glass of water is the same as taking it as a tablet in terms of effectiveness?

thanks a lot

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
diluting minoxidil in water and drinking a glass of water is the same as taking it as a tablet in terms of effectiveness?

thanks a lot
I don't know. It has never been studied. I don't see why it wouldn't be though. Either way you can bet that it's much better than topical.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so it is is better to take oral liquid minoxidil in high quantity for to be sure that it works ?
You could probably take a slightly higher dose just to be sure. 0.25mL is 12.5mg. Janey noticed results on this.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be very careful with taking liquid minoxidil orally. 0.25ml (12.5mg) is a very high dose. Maybe start with one or two drops to see how you tolerate it. The side effects can intensify with higher doses. Spend some time to search this forum for feedback on users who’ve tried this method.

Here is a summary of side effects in a study of low dose oral minoxidil (LDOM). “low dose” meaning 5mg or lower per day. Also note the timeline at the bottom:

2C072C8F-B9F7-46B2-8862-1D3F4B5D2A92.png

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yeah, to be fair Mr Snow doesn’t have much hair loss, if any at all, and doesn’t even need an extreme treatment