I was thinning about doing something about my hairloss

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score

MrBen

Reaction score
You think you're early? I started propecia at 19.

At least you're thin all over, and don't have a friggen bald spot at 20 :(

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
MrBen said:
You think you're early? I started propecia at 19.

At least you're thin all over, and don't have a friggen bald spot at 20 :(

I mean early as in I'm doing something about it relatively early, before it gets real noticeable. Im 6 foot and a wear a fade so for the vast majority of people they dont even know. I didnt really notice the seriousness of the situation myself until around 5 months ago. My hair has always been very "fine", so the darkest areas you see are about full capacity. Unless I bow my head down, the top of my head looks normal with what I got.

I feel you on 19 being early, thats when my brother started, but I got lucky and it didnt start up for me till a few years later. Thats why I'm thinkin I have a better shot at restoring cause it really didnt hit me till my mid 20's. How has finasteride been for you?

MrBen

Reaction score
I guess finasteride has been fine for me. No side effects really, maybe less of a sex drive but I didn't have much of a sex drive anyway to begin with. I'm just shedding right now. My temples haven't receded much if any but the area on top of my head sure has. I'm not bald bald, but definitely thinning enough to be noticed. I discovered it when my sister saw it and I ran into the bathroom and looked and about died. I was 18 then. I started minoxidil and it didn't really do much so I stopped and went on proscar (finasteride) and am in my 3rd month. Not much else to say except I hope to God it grows back.

I'm glad you're doing something about it now rather than later. How's finasteride for you? If you start getting giant boobs or a huge gut I'd probably stop. I haven't. Yet.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MrBen said:
I guess finasteride has been fine for me. No side effects really, maybe less of a sex drive but I didn't have much of a sex drive anyway to begin with. I'm just shedding right now. My temples haven't receded much if any but the area on top of my head sure has. I'm not bald bald, but definitely thinning enough to be noticed. I discovered it when my sister saw it and I ran into the bathroom and looked and about died. I was 18 then. I started minoxidil and it didn't really do much so I stopped and went on proscar (finasteride) and am in my 3rd month. Not much else to say except I hope to God it grows back.

I'm glad you're doing something about it now rather than later. How's finasteride for you? If you start getting giant boobs or a huge gut I'd probably stop. I haven't. Yet.

so youre sex drive is like non existent now?? youre 19! you should have a huge sex drive...like thinking about sex 90 % of your day! ha

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
doubleplay said:
I mean early as in I'm doing something about it relatively early, before it gets real noticeable. Im 6 foot and a wear a fade so for the vast majority of people they dont even know. I didnt really notice the seriousness of the situation myself until around 5 months ago. My hair has always been very "fine", so the darkest areas you see are about full capacity. Unless I bow my head down, the top of my head looks normal with what I got.

I feel you on 19 being early, thats when my brother started, but I got lucky and it didnt start up for me till a few years later. Thats why I'm thinkin I have a better shot at restoring cause it really didnt hit me till my mid 20's. How has finasteride been for you?
I'm in the same situation as you, 26, must have been thinning for a year or so, but only noticeable and seemingly ever faster for the last couple of months. So far, the rate of thinning seems to have even sped up but then again, it's only been slightly more than a month of treatment. Funny thing is I don't notice losing lots of hairs when showering, near my pillow or on my desk but I do seem to thin pretty fast... I also have a 2 years younger brother that started thinning at age 18 or so and for a long time I thought to be "safe" as I didn't notice any thinning or receding even at age 25.

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
Norwood2.5 said:
doubleplay said:

I'm in the same situation as you, 26, must have been thinning for a year or so, but only noticeable and seemingly ever faster for the last couple of months. So far, the rate of thinning seems to have even sped up but then again, it's only been slightly more than a month of treatment. Funny thing is I don't notice losing lots of hairs when showering, near my pillow or on my desk but I do seem to thin pretty fast... I also have a 2 years younger brother that started thinning at age 18 or so and for a long time I thought to be "safe" as I didn't notice any thinning or receding even at age 25.

you've been losing faster over the last couple months and you've been on finasteride for 9 months? Thats scary considering you should be at the peak of finasteride results over the next few months, plus your using minoxidil. Why arnt you usung Nizoral?

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
doubleplay said:
you've been losing faster over the last couple months and you've been on finasteride for 9 months? Thats scary considering you should be at the peak of finasteride results over the next few months, plus your using minoxidil. Why arnt you usung Nizoral?
Read more carefully, I'm only slightly more than a month into treatment but thinning seems to have gone pretty fast in the past couple of months. It may have even sped up a little since starting treatment, but no way to tell whether it was going that fast all by itself, because of the treatment so far or both. Oh, and I use Nizoral as well.