I want to try to use glue just in the front

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very happy with walker no shine tape on my french lace pieces, but sometimes the front has a few centimetres where the tape does not reach.

Anyone have a suggestion for what type of glue I could use in such a small spot?

TIA

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean... "the tape doesn't reach"?

I mean you CAN use glue, like GhostbondXL, but maybe it makes sense to try and solve your tape issue?

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean... "the tape doesn't reach"?

I mean you CAN use glue, like GhostbondXL, but maybe it makes sense to try and solve your tape issue?
I should have worded it better. It is not the same shape as the tape, thus leaving small (very small) places that are not taped down.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I should have worded it better. It is not the same shape as the tape, thus leaving small (very small) places that are not taped down.

Ah, ok. Easy fix for that. Buy a contour tape that most matches the shape. If you can... one who's curve is greater than the hairline. The instructions look complicated, but it's pretty easy to do. The idea is to

Do the following:

1. Place the tape with the single paper liner face down, with the curve on the top (upside down smile) on a small cutting board.

2. At the top edge where the two halves of the paper liner meet, you are going to fold down the edges of the paper, justa bit, so you can easily peel them off.

3. Cut through the entire tape, splitting it in two.

4. When you are taping the system, palce the top edges of the tapes, at the edge, so when they are attaced they make a slight V at the front.

I don't have a problem with this not holding sufficiently. If you are concerned, place another contour (not cut) behind the first for extra hold.

Reactions: TEG

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the Walker Tape NoShine tape really thin? Could it work for the hairline of a .03mm poly? I know that the other tapes on the .03mm poly won’t work well for the hairline and glue is better. Just curious as to the thickness of the NoShine and what it works best with.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the Walker Tape NoShine tape really thin? Could it work for the hairline of a .03mm poly? I know that the other tapes on the .03mm poly won’t work well for the hairline and glue is better. Just curious as to the thickness of the NoShine and what it works best with.

"Lace Front Support" is better... if you can work with it (I can't) "Lace Front Thin" is even better..

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lace front tape is 8.5 mils thick
Ultra hold tape is 11.5 mils thick
No shine tape is 10 mils thick

These are from a Walker rep when I was trying to figure out the next thinnest take aside from lace front thin (3mil).

Dont get me wrong I really liked the 3mil, but it’s a beast to work with! You better have good patience.

I’ve been wearing the lace front support and I’ve got great hold from it for 10 days now. In all reality I should have replaced it about 3 days ago as it’s getting goey now, but haven’t had time to.