I Want To Start Finasteride,but Of Course I Am Scary Of The Side Effects (19 Years Old)

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am thinking to start finasteride but at the same time I am scared but also is so tempting thinking that a pill maybe can change your life..Does anyone else especially in this age feeling the same? Been in a dilemma? Thank you all and sorry for the many posts.

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure some people will tell you to use it but don't you are too young, finasteride is a serious drug, I took it when I was 27 and I felt the side effects, at 19 your body is still growing, maybe try minoxidil, you should ask your doctor or a dermatologist people online are not going to be more helpful than your doctor, good luck.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure some people will tell you to use it but don't you are too young, finasteride is a serious drug, I took it when I was 27 and I felt the side effects, at 19 your body is still growing, maybe try minoxidil, you should ask your doctor or a dermatologist people online are not going to be more helpful than your doctor, good luck.
Yea I know that is a strong drug , I am on minoxidil for about 8 months gave me good results ,however it’s been a month that I am losing ground again and density ,so maybe minoxidil would not last long ,I am considering also again to have an appointment with a doctor ,are you doing some treatment as well ? Thanks

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I know that is a strong drug , I am on minoxidil for about 8 months gave me good results ,however it’s been a month that I am losing ground again and density ,so maybe minoxidil would not last long ,I am considering also again to have an appointment with a doctor ,are you doing some treatment as well ? Thanks

I have tried minoxidil in the past and it worked well for me but I had to stop because it caused swelling in my face and I was allergic to it, I only tried finasteride recently and I had some serious side effects and I stopped, now I am looking to go for a hair transplant, that's my only option left. You should definitely see a doctor, good luck.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried minoxidil in the past and it worked well for me but I had to stop because it caused swelling in my face and I was allergic to it, I only tried finasteride recently and I had some serious side effects and I stopped, now I am looking to go for a hair transplant, that's my only option left. You should definitely see a doctor, good luck.
Wha sides?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you choose not to use finasteride, it is going to be difficult. Nothing else works as well as finasteride. The younger the age that hair loss starts, the more aggressive it usually is, and so a young guy with aggressive hair loss will usually need to use finasteride if he wants to give himself a chance of treating it properly. At 19 you might be too young to start finasteride anyway. Maybe you should wait another year until you're 20 before considering it. How bad is your hair loss at the moment?

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you choose not to use finasteride, it is going to be difficult. Nothing else works as well as finasteride. The younger the age that hair loss starts, the more aggressive it usually is, and so a young guy with aggressive hair loss will usually need to use finasteride if he wants to give himself a chance of treating it properly. At 19 you might be too young to start finasteride anyway. Maybe you should wait another year until you're 20 before considering it. How bad is your hair loss at the moment?
Hey thanks for the response , minoxidil gave me good results not the best but you could totally say the difference before and after , suddenly in the last month I am feeling like hair are thinning again and I am losing density so that got me worried , I think minoxidil reach the peak ? I am not sure ..that is my hair loss as you can see in the pics, hair are very thin but now feel thinner ( pics are 7-10 days old ) thanks

Attachments

• 8738E757-4FE4-4B90-BD59-7B491B967597.jpeg
    8738E757-4FE4-4B90-BD59-7B491B967597.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 31FA2853-AE19-43C2-98A5-92BFE1B09C7F.jpeg
    31FA2853-AE19-43C2-98A5-92BFE1B09C7F.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 157

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the response , minoxidil gave me good results not the best but you could totally say the difference before and after , suddenly in the last month I am feeling like hair are thinning again and I am losing density so that got me worried , I think minoxidil reach the peak ? I am not sure ..that is my hair loss as you can see in the pics, hair are very thin but now feel thinner ( pics are 7-10 days old ) thanks

Yeah you should really start using finasteride or accept going bald in 1-2 years. Maybe try 1% topical finasteride first, you will feel safer while using it so sides will be less prevalent.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't know if the pic is telling the truth or not but it seems like you are on the way to developing a bald spot. You may be in line for an aggressive early hair loss. Do keep in mind that when people here say you are not yet fully developed, they do not mean your hight. They mean that your entire body (brain, hormones, overall chemistry) is still forming. I can understand that hair loss at such a young age can be mentally devastating. It would have fucked me mentally pretty bad. BUT, altering your male hormones may or may not lead to serious consequences that u may have to deal for years. Don't take such decision based on what you read on the internet and based on some random advices (mine included). You may be lucky and be a good responder w/ no sides. But if you do develop sides what would hair help you if your dick doesn't work? Especially at this age... go to a doctor, consult some adults.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you should really start using finasteride or accept going bald in 1-2 years. Maybe try 1% topical finasteride first, you will feel safer while using it so sides will be less prevalent.
Yeah a bald spot probably is coming but this bald spot was good covered from minoxidil now I am just don't know what is happening it is reversing back ... Yeah I know for topical finasteride but I am still thinking , thanks for the response

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if the pic is telling the truth or not but it seems like you are on the way to developing a bald spot. You may be in line for an aggressive early hair loss. Do keep in mind that when people here say you are not yet fully developed, they do not mean your hight. They mean that your entire body (brain, hormones, overall chemistry) is still forming. I can understand that hair loss at such a young age can be mentally devastating. It would have fucked me mentally pretty bad. BUT, altering your male hormones may or may not lead to serious consequences that u may have to deal for years. Don't take such decision based on what you read on the internet and based on some random advices (mine included). You may be lucky and be a good responder w/ no sides. But if you do develop sides what would hair help you if your dick doesn't work? Especially at this age... go to a doctor, consult some adults.
Yeah I know finasteride is a serious drug , but as I see in your life you need always to pay the price for something else , so you need hair? Then you should pay (maybe) the price of the ED and etc.I am started to losing my hair from my 16 so it's now 3 years that I am kinda like paranoid sometimes, it is really devastating at this age and the tragedy it is that only finasteride can do a job after all these years.I was extremely happy before one month ,that minoxidil give me the results I was feeling another person so much confidence for sure ... now I am getting trapped again and I don't know what to do...thanks for the response

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also does anyone having this pimple on the scalp ? I am having it in area that I am balding (temple) it is there for 1-2 years I think

Attachments

• DD04F4F4-B4B3-4979-B95A-865F0658C4B9.jpeg
    DD04F4F4-B4B3-4979-B95A-865F0658C4B9.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 121

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I know finasteride is a serious drug , but as I see in your life you need always to pay the price for something else , so you need hair? Then you should pay (maybe) the price of the ED and etc.I am started to losing my hair from my 16 so it's now 3 years that I am kinda like paranoid sometimes, it is really devastating at this age and the tragedy it is that only finasteride can do a job after all these years.I was extremely happy before one month ,that minoxidil give me the results I was feeling another person so much confidence for sure ... now I am getting trapped again and I don't know what to do...thanks for the response
I only used Minoxidil for about a month a few years ago and decided it's too much effort and I hate depending on substances for my overall well being. I've read that results kinda come in waves. You have progress then you shed then you recover then you shed etc.
If you are into women I can guarantee you that any woman in the right mind favors a strong working dick over hair on your head. Having ED defeats the purpose of being attractive. Also, as you age you'll see the women care less and less about a mop head. I am not saying you should not jump on Fina. But be very wise and careful when you choose what to do. In my opinion, being a man does not reduce to taking mindless risks (like some say "be a man, jump on treatment"). Being a man is, above all, being able to play the best game with the hand of cards that you've bean dealt. And, of course, being a man in a more classic meaning will ultimately be highly dependent on your manhood. There's absolutely no doubt here. Now if you are not scared of losing any male traits then go for it! Whatever you choose, be mindful that in 10-20 years you'll still want to be functional and healthy!

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only used Minoxidil for about a month a few years ago and decided it's too much effort and I hate depending on substances for my overall well being. I've read that results kinda come in waves. You have progress then you shed then you recover then you shed etc.
If you are into women I can guarantee you that any woman in the right mind favors a strong working dick over hair on your head. Having ED defeats the purpose of being attractive. Also, as you age you'll see the women care less and less about a mop head. I am not saying you should not jump on Fina. But be very wise and careful when you choose what to do. In my opinion, being a man does not reduce to taking mindless risks (like some say "be a man, jump on treatment"). Being a man is, above all, being able to play the best game with the hand of cards that you've bean dealt. And, of course, being a man in a more classic meaning will ultimately be highly dependent on your manhood. There's absolutely no doubt here. Now if you are not scared of losing any male traits then go for it! Whatever you choose, be mindful that in 10-20 years you'll still want to be functional and healthy!
I am totally agree with you, the hardest part or that makes it harder at the most is the age, from so young and balding is really devastating ,I would care less if I was 30 not from 16...I don't know what to do with finasteride though , how people take it and have amazing success stories then some are getting the worst sides ..It is a total risk , like you said to play with my cards either going to lose or win (or even nothing).I don't know I am really confused ,thanks for your response

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not a pimple. Most likely it's a cherry angioma.
Thanks again for reply, weird thing that this cherry angioma grew when I was starting to lose my hair,this could be mean something?More dht inflammation ?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again for reply, weird thing that this cherry angioma grew when I was starting to lose my hair,this could be mean something?More dht inflammation ?

This is just my speculation but I think it may have to do with Minoxidil use. Cherry angiomas usually appear in the 30s. Either exposure to the sun or use of substances that increase blood flow. Angiomas arw overgrowth of capillaries pretty much.