I want to make the jump to dutasteride please some advice from those who switched from finasteride

Reefmatic

Reaction score
I would like to start using Dutasteride after being on finasteride for a year and a half. Can some people who have done the same please share your experiences?

What is the best way to do it? Just to switch cold turkey or to combine them for a while? I have heard of people adding dutasteride once a week... how effecive is this?

Have people who had no sides on finasteride and switched to dutasteride had any sides? I have no sides from finasteride

Also where to get dutasteride?

Thanks

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Added dutasteride one month ago. First week one pill. Second week Monday and Friday, third and fourth week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. No sides, no more shedding as of yet shedding as of yet. Take finasteride on days that I don't take dutasteride, have been taking finasteride since August 2013.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I added dutasteride to my already finasteride-taking regime.
I take both everyday.
No shedding.
Balls hurt like hell.
I love it

N20256757

Reaction score
I was on finasteride for 2 months before switching to dutasteride. Its been about 3 weeks on dutasteride... no sides... all is good.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm also about to add in dutasteride once per week after being on finasteride for 2 years. Don't plan on taking more than .5mg/week for at least 6 months.

Won't lie, I'm VERY worried about sides.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
whatever you do, do NOT switch cold turkey. I did that and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made.

What happened?

I'm planning on doing finasteride 6 days and dutasteride 1 day (rather than finasteride ED like I'm doing now).

ReasonableMan

Reaction score
I also want to hear opinions on this. Feel as though finasteride may be losing the battle after 8 years. Is adding dutasteride once a day to my current daily finasteride dosage the way forward?

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I also want to hear opinions on this. Feel as though finasteride may be losing the battle after 8 years. Is adding dutasteride once a day to my current daily finasteride dosage the way forward?

8 years on finasteride and losing ground: that's my story too.

Bad thing is I'm also having sides from finasteride after all these years. So I can't even afford to take full dosage 1mg ED finasteride anymore. Not to mention dutasteride.

This is endless. Your body keeps accumulating sides from AAs in the long run while your hair keeps going downhill due to AR upregulation or whatever sxxt that's going on in your body as you keep taking the drug. It's like fighting a war you're bound to lose. No one really WIN the battle against male pattern baldness. The treatment options we have now can only buy you time and keep you from losing TOO pathetically.

My hair went from norwood 0.5 to 2 within a year. I knew it won't be easy from the miniaturized area behind my hairline but I never expected it to be so fierce. Maybe it's time to give up.

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finpecia (Finasteride) with minoxidil for about 9 months and it completely stopped my hairloss but no regrowth and thickening. I then switched to Avodart (.5mg daily) and within four months I could see a big difference. Regrowth and thickening and it's getting better by the day. Maybe the finasteride would have eventually gave the same results but I never turned back. Avodart is expensive as hell! I ordered some generics online and I hope they work the same when I get them.
My hair currently:

Attachments

• (null) (1).jpg
    (null) (1).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 286
  • (null).jpg
    (null).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 319

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
took finasteride for like 6 months at low dosages without much results and lot of sides
stopped everything for a few months
now im on dutasteride building up to EOD to almost daily 0.5mg since the past 3 months, so far no sides, better libido (i think), and better gainz at gym,
reduced shedding i think but i prefer not evaluate result from that cauz it can be easly biaised, but i definitly got more velus on temples and some are turning black
fingercrossed

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
took finasteride for like 6 months at low dosages without much results and lot of sides
now im on dutasteride building up to EOD to almost daily 0.5mg since the past 3 months, so far no sides, better libido (i think), and better gainz at gym,
reduced shedding i think but i prefer not evaluate result from that cauz it can be easly biaised, but i definitly got more velus on temples and some are turning black
fingercrossed
How is it possible that finasteride gave you sides at even lower dosage while dutasteride reduced shedding with no sides?

Just curious: what brand of finasteride were you on and what sides did it give you?

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
fingercrossed

Goof for you, but that honestly makes no sense. dutasteride does the same thing as finasteride, but it's stronger.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah make no sense i know... note that it doesnt inhibate the same 5ar...
and dutasteride give you more free testosteronne which may reduce some sides effects...
only explainations i got so far

i thinkk the finasteride brand was finpecia , low libido , light erectile dysf, brain fog...