I want an honest answer...

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
would you care about hair-lose if you were married to the girl of your dreams? (she wont leave you, regardless of your hair situation)
give an honest answer here guys.

i for once would care...but i know girls nowadays are too superficial to over look such thing... so the dilemma still stands.

slipy

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Ori83 said:
would you care about hair-lose if you were married to the girl of your dreams? (she wont leave you, regardless of your hair situation)
give an honest answer here guys.

i for once would care...but i know girls nowadays are too superficial to over look such thing... so the dilemma still stands.

Take it from someone who knows about this issue, and has lived through this:

I can attest that, YES, you should care. Does the the saying, "I'm just not attracted to you anymore" sound familiar? Or what about this one: "when we first met, I was attracted to you, but I just don't feel that initial attraction anymore"...?

If you haven't heard these from a woman yet, YOU WILL when you reach a noticeable stage of male pattern baldness. I guarantee it!

You may think she won't care...after all she is the woman of your dreams, right? In fact she even tellss you that she will always love you ... no matter what.

Well, just wait. Wait until you get NW3/4, and you'll see another side of her you never knew existed. All of the sudden, the one girl that you thought you would never hear, "I'm just not attracted to you anymore" from, says those exact words to you one day.

Now there are going to be all kinds of guys who will deny this, and give all kinds of "other" explanations. And they wil try to tell me that I am speaking about onbly a small minority of shallow, cold-hearted women. But that is not so! That isn't reality.

The cold, hard truth of the matter is that, in reality, a lot of women (who even themselves thought their BF or husband being bald wouldn't bother them) suddenly become unattracted to bald men...and this includes their BF or husband.

The reason for this: They never really liked bald to begin with. They thought it wouldn't bother them, buit when the time came to ignore their BF's or hubby's bald head, they just couldn't do it. When their guy became bald, they suddenly discovered this fact - that they do not want to be with a BALD man for the rest of their lives.

Then it is "game over" my friend. What you thought you had reallly wasn't so all along. But you won't find this out the hard way until you become bald.

So if you can save the hair you have, and still have a nice looking head of hair (with the help of hair transplant's if needed) by all means go for it. If it is too far gone, shave or crop it.

You can let your fall out and not do nothing. But be aware that a lot of women, and this possibly includes the one you are with (the one who said she would "always love you no matter what") ... will dump you when you go bald. End of story. And yes, it IS MOST DEFINATELY because of the hairloss, and nothing else. It doesn't matter what they say now, they will do it. I can assure you.

And yet you're not willing to give hair systems a try to attempt to improve the quality of your life like a smart bald man would, you'd much rather continiue to be the ultimate defeatist.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I agree with the general concensous above its about how you feel about yourself having a loving partner would be a huge help but it is'nt everything. And Dudemon you need to realise that your experience does'nt count for EVERYONE. Your ex was a b**ch and does'nt speak/act for every woman on the planet.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would care about hair loss if I was rich and married to her. Has nothing to do with that for me. It has to do with me fitting in with most people who are the same as me.

So if I was scarred, I would feel same way.

Now it 99 percent of the world was bald, I guess I would feel better as I would be just like them.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I never had a gf, kissed a girl or dated any etc. but still I want a full head of hair despite knowing that it won't help me in that field. So I guess that having a girl wouldn't change much in that aspect.

There are at least as many girls with a bald head fetish as there are the ones with a NW1 fetish. The rest of them hardy give a damn about our hair, at least not to such extent to break up.

What drives me is the feeling of inferiority and jealousy. I mean I don't see anyone around me that is my age has a male pattern baldness as severe as mine. Ok there might be some NW2 my age, but thats it. I just feel that something has been taken away from me and I think it is unfair. The only thing that would actually let me come to terms with hair loss is if it was a normal thing to shed so dramatically in your 20es.

So the answer is YES. I WANT MY HEAD OF HAIR no matter what.

Obsidian

Reaction score

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok then what makes the difference between guys like us (the ones who do care regardless of their girl, care so mych to try sh*t and subscribe on HairLossTalk.com forums) and the ones who doesn't seem to give a f***? i've seen some ugly and good looking bald men, some just dont give a f***, i figured they are already married and thats why, but seems that we would care regardless.... why is this? why cant we accept that and move on? there most be some common ground that makes us "different" to the bald guys out there that dont care..... and i wanna know what it is :\

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Ok then what makes the difference between guys like us (the ones who do care regardless of their girl, care so mych to try sh*t and subscribe on HairLossTalk.com forums) and the ones who doesn't seem to give a f*ck? i've seen some ugly and good looking bald men, some just dont give a f*ck, i figured they are already married and thats why, but seems that we would care regardless.... why is this? why cant we accept that and move on? there most be some common ground that makes us "different" to the bald guys out there that dont care..... and i wanna know what it is :\

SELF CONFIDENCE.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it's more than just confidence. If you look good or ok with it, then definitely, self confidence will go along away. If you look absolutely ugly with it (and yes there are people who look ok to good with hair then look horrible without it), then confidence just comes off odd.

I mean look at this post I found when doing a google search on this subject. Some woman posted this on yahoo answers and I totally agree with her on the last part about some people pulling it off better than others, same as facial hairs:

"In my opinion, I think the bald head has been over done in these last
few years. I see nothing attractive in anyone, man or woman with a
bald head. To me, even a little hair is more attractive. It takes a
certain shaped head to look well completely bald. Just as it takes a
certain shape of a face, to wear a beard well. But attractiveness, is
in the eye of the beholder, as is beauty. To each is own."

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:

I don't get it...why are some of your posts all positive like "work on your body and yourself in other areas and girls won't care" and then others are stupid generalizations like "all girls are too superficial nowadays to overlook such a thing."

I mean, at least pick a stance and stick to it. So which is it...they either don't care or they all care too much to overlook it.

or maaaaybe...theres a middle ground as there is with anything in life. You know, where some girls will care and then others may not care at all? Perhaps, it all depends on the girl (and the guy..and how he looks and acts as well) in question and its therefore stupid to generalize? just a thought

s.a.f

Reaction score
qball01 said:
I don't get it...why are some of your posts all positive like "work on your body and yourself in other areas and girls won't care" and then others are stupid generalizations like "all girls are too superficial nowadays to overlook such a thing."

I mean, at least pick a stance and stick to it. So which is it...they either don't care or they all care too much to overlook it.

or maaaaybe...theres a middle ground as there is with anything in life. You know, where some girls will care and then others may not care at all? Perhaps, it all depends on the girl (and the guy..and how he looks and acts as well) in question and its therefore stupid to generalize? just a thought

Yes there is a middle ground but you have to realise that to a certain % of women out there you are at a huge disadvantage. It just depends to what degree looks are important to the individual woman. And of course how well/badly you pull off the bald look.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
there most be some common ground that makes us "different" to the bald guys out there that dont care..... and i wanna know what it is :\

Just like someone else mentioned - self confidence. Some people just have genetic predispositions and/or are raised properly as confident guys from early childhood. I think that once you're past your teens there is not much you can do to change the core of your mental manhood traits. In other words a teenage sissy will be a sissy for the rest of his life and a school bully will always be a tough confident guy that gets the ladies.

I have countless examples around myself that prove my point.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
Ori83 said:

Girls attracted to so many things, but as a rule of thumb, looking good will increase your chanced significantly, just as having confidence, my take about the whole subject (obviously) isnt finalize just yet, im not sure how girls think, but from looking around, i say "hair guys" have it easy (much more easy). Hair = Confidence anchor, one which cant be overlooked, but can be compensated with other things (as mentioned, working out, dressing nicely, taking care for your body and mind) all these wont promise success with the ladies, but they will make a bald guy feel better then a bald guy without those "other anchors".... yet nothing promise you it will get any easier... and who said that you wont fall for a superficial girl? :dunno: is being superficial such a bad trait in your eyes? and if so what are you doing here? woudnt you want to have a girl that you attracted to physically? i know i would, thats the reason why im here i guess. i want to have a "fair chance"... baldness took that away and i had zero say in that matter...and it sucks ***.... i apologize for not making my mind around this if it matters...

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
btw, there are some extremists here in both sides of the rainbow, i like to think that im sitting somewhere "safe" in the middle. (so i wont agree with Dude's take or UM's, but i wont go as far as saying that only confidence wins...)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I would. Can't love another if you can't love yourself. Either that, or the other way around is the most likely situation with women, and going bald.