I Want A Fue Transplant Without Finasteride. Pics Included. Thoughts?

Marco445

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently 23 years old. nw2 hairline and crown thinning which measures around 9x9cm.
I have dark, curly (when long), coarse hair, which should be pretty good hair characteristics for a transplant in terms of creating coverage. Only using minoxidil and keto shampoo, and I'm never gonna use finasteride. Rather be bald because I don't look too bad with a shaved head and I'm not willing to risk sides.

Haven't checked my donor area, but all the docs I've been in touch with says it looks very good (from photos).
I'm really hoping this is also the case.

Family history
Grandfather, father side: had a full head of hair all his life.
Father: nw6 in his 60's, started losing his hair in his 40's.
Uncle, father side: Full head of hair, nw1.5 at worst.
Mother: No hair loss.
Grandfather, mother side: Nw6, is in his 80's.
Uncles, mother side: nw5's/nw6's.

So no one in my family are nw7, which is the place a transplant will never look good (as I understand).
In worst case I'll end up as an nw7, but I think the gamble might be worth it.

For me, the hairline is not even a worry. I'd be happy to be a nw3 as long as the hair gives an illusion of thick hair.

So my plan is to go with a top fue surgeon who uses 0.8-0.9 mm manual punches, and have my crown filled in with around 2 500 grafts. I understand that I'll need more surgeries in the future without propecia. However, money is not an issue. If hair cloning doesn't come out as we're all hoping for, or I end up as nw7, I can buzz down and the scars won't be too visible.

What are your thoughts?

These are some of the results that convince me this is possible to do:

Dr. Ozgur

Dr. Lorenzo:

Thread on this forum:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ts-story-going-from-nw6-to-nw2-i-guess.59732/

Last edited: