I wanna start taking but scared

mr_misterr

Reaction score
Basically I wanna start taking finasteride but scared as I trying to become a father. I heard it can cause birth defects. Is that true?

orenso

Reaction score
as well as i know its recomend to stop taking finasteride 6 month before trying to make a baby...and no blood donation

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a thread-jack of any sort but this is the funniest thing I've seen in a while:

"I can't wank without lube. Sunblock works good for that. Then I wipe it up with toilet paper, and flush the wad, and shower off afterwards, maybe not right away though. I aften just fall asleep."

K carry on people. Again I apologize.

BTW now that I think of it.........interesting topic actually. Any of this true? Having to go off finasteride? I know that women (or is it only pregnant women?) are supposed to stay the hell away from it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
johnnycashistheman said:
Sorry if this is a thread-jack of any sort but this is the funniest thing I've seen in a while:

"I can't wank without lube. Sunblock works good for that. Then I wipe it up with toilet paper, and flush the wad, and shower off afterwards, maybe not right away though. I aften just fall asleep."

K carry on people. Again I apologize.

BTW now that I think of it.........interesting topic actually. Any of this true? Having to go off finasteride? I know that women (or is it only pregnant women?) are supposed to stay the hell away from it.

thats CCS's line

Pondle

Reaction score
orenso said:
as well as i know its recomend to stop taking finasteride 6 month before trying to make a baby...

Who says that? There is no restriction on use of finasteride by a man with a partner who is, or may become, pregnant. Loads of men have fathered healthy babies while taking finasteride.

A tiny amount of finasteride, less than 0.001% of the 1 mg dose per ejaculation, has been detected in the seminal fluid of men taking Propecia. This doesn't constitute a risk to a male foetus.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
many people have fathered children while on finasteride, but its not recomended by dr.s because of what the drug is ment to do with the prostate.
The dr.s are afraid that it can effect the childs growth of sex. especaly if its a boy it can effect the penis .. balls and so on. But there are not done any testing because it would not be humain to do so.... if what they think can happen...
I would go of the finasteride, but thats just me.. im better safe then sorry.

John

Pondle

Reaction score
Jojje said:
many people have fathered children while on finasteride, but its not recomended by dr.s because of what the drug is ment to do with the prostate.
The dr.s are afraid that it can effect the childs growth of sex. especaly if its a boy it can effect the penis .. balls and so on. But there are not done any testing because it would not be humain to do so.... if what they think can happen...
I would go of the finasteride, but thats just me.. im better safe then sorry.

John

It's a non-issue.

The in utero effects of finasteride exposure during the period of embryonic and fetal development were evaluated in the rhesus monkey (gestation days 20-100), a species more predictive of human development than rats or rabbits. Intravenous administration of finasteride to pregnant monkeys at doses up to 800 ng/day (at least 250 times the highest estimated exposure of pregnant women to finasteride
from semen of men taking 1 mg/day, based on body surface area comparison) resulted in no abnormalities in male fetuses
. In confirmation of the relevance of the rhesus model for human fetal
development, oral administration of a 2 mg/kg/day dose of finasteride to pregnant monkeys resulted in external genital abnormalities in male fetuses. No other abnormalities were observed in male fetuses and
no finasteride-related abnormalities were observed in female fetuses at any dose.