I used to have it all

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to have it all, I had a great social life, I had good looks and I was popular with girls, and then it started.

When I found out I was losing hair, my life changed so much, I quit things because I became paranoid that they would be affecting my hair, weight lifting, drinking, weed, smoking, all gone.

I lost contact with friends, and went from being fit, popular and with good looks to a boy who sits at home all the time, watching his hairline recede and his face inflate/wrinkle/sag from minoxidil. Every day I age a week, you would wonder why I continue minoxidil but i'm holding on to the hope that it is atleast helping me a bit with my hair.

A part of me just wants to accept it, to stop the painfully awkward situations when my hairspray has worn off and the wind blows my hair, and just say **** it, this is how I am. If I were not 19 with a baby face and odd shaped head, then I would accept it.

Hair loss ended my childhood, guess i'll be growing up quicker than I thought.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Puffy face could also be from not getting enough sleep due to the stress of worrying about it.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
About 2 years, puffy cheeks (near edges of mouth is the worst) and slight bags under eyes, with some wrinkles when i squint my eyes. It is tolerable but still not very nice to have, maybe I made out that I was more depressed than I actually am in my post as I have just gotten used to it all now. But I do feel it when I see people going out enjoying themselves with perfect hair.

Thom, I get plenty of sleep, it isn't somthing that I am CONTANTLY worrying about, problably just the average amount for guys with hair loss, and it started swelling about a month after starting minoxidil. But I have to say something good about minoxidil, in those 2 years I havent lost ground as much as I thought I would have.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
put some pics up here

it doesn't sound so bad from the way your describing it, the puffy face thing

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Most of the people on this site are young (twenty something) NW2/3 who sit around and talk about what they know nothing of personally.... baldness, honest to god nw5 baldness.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of the people on this site are young (twenty something) NW2/3 who sit around and talk about what they know nothing of personally.... baldness, honest to god nw5 baldness.

I don't know but i'm problably gonna find out, and Exodus I would but too embarrasing if someone I know sees it.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
So? At least you had it all. Most of us never had a chance to experience it

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You don't know what you have until it's gone.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I was battling acne and even got a few scars before leaving holistic nutrition seeking out accutane. I went from acne, acne scars to depression, and when I thought it couldn't get worse, a drunk driving accident too my dad and sister. I am now noticing effects from accutane if life hasn't been difficult enough.

I know how it feels about having
It and losing. I dated but I always felt under developed. I did not feel like I was living. I read pick up and got decent with it. My best year came and passed. The scar showed up despite a great diet. Worst I get to hear people lecture about acne despite their own ****ty diet. More recently people want to tell me accutane has no effects. I am imagining things. If my hands are wet and I touch my hair I see strands hair. It sucks.

Its frustrating but we lose more or more with time. We just need to embrace it and stop Caring so much.

FridgeFridge

Reaction score
Its not the hairloss that is doing all this though - its your reaction to it.

If you had MS, cancer or MND I would indeed agree that the situation was grave, and while im not saying hairloss (especially at a young age) is easy, you will eventually realise it isn't the end of the world, and you will regret all that time you wasted sitting at home watching your hairline recede.

take finasteride, forget your hairloss, go outside. See the people who make you happy and do the things you enjoy.

WastedYears

Reaction score
Hair loss claims another. Sad how such minor thing can be so devastating, isn't it? Maybe you would have become a successful person, loved by women, admired by men, rich, powerful, but no...all it takes is a Norwood creeping around the corner to **** up your life completely and forever.

And as Norwood progresses - it's only downhill from there, unless they come out with the cure. And they won't. Not within a 1000 years.

Why bother living again? I've been asking this myself ever since my temples went away.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Exactly fridge exactly i couldnt off said any better you hit the nail on the head.