I Tried Minoxidil One Time But Now I Want To Stop

Jerrod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it once today in a moment of panic, but after I immediately regretted my decision. I don't know If I can take the risk of shedding all my hair off. Plus idk If I'm ready to spend the rest of my life buying minoxidil. If I only took it once, should I be okay if I just quit now?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you're fine to never use it again if you want

And the minoxidil shedding stuff is a lot of over exaggerated paranoia imo

Jerrod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you're fine to never use it again if you want

And the minoxidil shedding stuff is a lot of over exaggerated paranoia imo

Alright thanks man, as for the shedding, I just don't want to risk it I guess. And as far as I can tell its more of a short term solution as well. So my thinking is why bother if its only going to give me a little hair for a year or so.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright thanks man, as for the shedding, I just don't want to risk it I guess. And as far as I can tell its more of a short term solution as well. So my thinking is why bother if its only going to give me a little hair for a year or so.

Because you'll always be ahead of where you would be without minoxidil.

I for one don't plan on using it forever, I'll use it until better treatments come out. Five years max.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, now that you've used it once, you will have to use it everyday for the rest of your life. The sacred rule of Minoxidil I'm afraid.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I told myself.

I'm currently in my 8th year of using it.

I will gladly use it rest of my life-- takes two seconds. It's 'mouse'.
Hair vs something that takes less time to brush teeth--I will take my hair.
My only regret is not starting it sooner.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I told myself.

I'm currently in my 8th year of using it.

There are more treatments in the pipeline now than 8 years ago.

Further, even if we use minoxidil every day for a long time, it's no different from brushing and flossing our teeth, shampooing our hair, and wearing deoderent.

Jerrod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because you'll always be ahead of where you would be without minoxidil.

I for one don't plan on using it forever, I'll use it until better treatments come out. Five years max.

I guess I was just unsure of the whole always being better off then you would be without it. Won't you still have to take minoxidil even if something else comes out? Like take them at the same time?

Jerrod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will gladly use it rest of my life-- takes two seconds. It's 'mouse'.
Hair vs something that takes less time to brush teeth--I will take my hair.
My only regret is not starting it sooner.

Yeah, I think its a great trade off, I have no problem taking the 30 seconds it takes to apply. I guess I'm just afraid of the commitment.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think its a great trade off, I have no problem taking the 30 seconds it takes to apply. I guess I'm just afraid of the commitment.

Don't be afraid of that---because I have stopped using it here and there for a few days at a time (to color my hair, if sick and cant be bothered) and my hair is fine. Its still improving and I am at month 7. I know it does not work for everyone this way but it saved my hair and restored enough of it for now for me to be very happy.
I know some people can just maintain with it but I was lucky to get regrowth...and I am just upset that I did not start it years ago.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I was just unsure of the whole always being better off then you would be without it. Won't you still have to take minoxidil even if something else comes out? Like take them at the same time?

No.

For example with Tsuji's treatment you will no longer need minoxidil, obviously.

If Fidia and Histogen come out as advertised, you might be able to drop it as those might be superior treatments.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it once today in a moment of panic, but after I immediately regretted my decision. I don't know If I can take the risk of shedding all my hair off. Plus idk If I'm ready to spend the rest of my life buying minoxidil. If I only took it once, should I be okay if I just quit now?

Well actually, it could take YEARS to recover from a single dose. .. :D

Just kidding. You're safe!