I tried but I'm hopeless now

xiuchan81

Reaction score
I'm twenty-two and a half and an Asian (dunno if that is relevant), started falling crazy lot of hair when I was 18. For the same old reasons I didn't do anything until this year.

So after 4 years, in May I found my temple recede a little bit. It's just a little bit. And I finally decided to do something. Started propecia 1 mg in mid-May. Added Rogaine liquid in Mid June. Added Nizoral and switched to Rogaine foam in late July. For propecia I take it every day unless in rare occassion I was not allowed to. Rogaine at first I did it twice a day but now after 3 months I did it irregularly but still at least once a day. Nizoral two to three times a week.

After two weeks of rogaine I shed like crazy. It made my little receding hairline starting to get obvious. And after a month and a half it shed heavily again...... I thought it is good, but it looks like I'm wrong.

Now after 6 months of finasteride, 4.5 months of minoxidil, 2.5 months of nizoral, I am obviously worse than where I started. Now I have obvious temple recede. And my middle frontal is getting thinner as well. Now everywhere I walk I am checking other people's hairline.

To be fair, I think I lost less hair in shower than before. I think I lost 30-50 in bathtub which is far less than before. But the weird thing is, when I comb my hair after bath recently (to facilitate blood circulation), I lost 50 hairs and 90% of them are the short, thin baby hair. Isn't them suppose to be the healthy one because finasteride has stopped the DTH?

I am hopeless now. I'm using the BIG3, I don't know what else can I do. Before using the treatment, my temple is just receding, now is quite obviously. I think finasteride is gold and no way I'm stopping it. Should I try to stop minoxidil? I really dunno what I should do......

giannis

Reaction score
what makes you think finasteride is gold?

- - - Updated - - -

what makes you think finasteride is gold?

- - - Updated - - -

And dont feel sorry for you girlfriend man. I know how you feel its like you are trying to do something for hairloss and its only getting worse and you are in doubt and frustration.I ve been there i know. Only way you will know which product is making your hair worse is dropping either finasteride or minoxidil and time will tell or continue with all products. Its up to you.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
There are two things you can do in this situation. One, you keep using finasteride and hope that things turn around eventually or two, you give up and have that peace of mind that you did all that you could.

By the way, don't feel sorry for your girlfriend. Hair or no hair, don't make yourself feel like you're less than her or anyone else.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm twenty-two and a half and an Asian (dunno if that is relevant), started falling crazy lot of hair when I was 18. For the same old reasons I didn't do anything until this year.

So after 4 years, in May I found my temple recede a little bit. It's just a little bit. And I finally decided to do something. Started propecia 1 mg in mid-May. Added Rogaine liquid in Mid June. Added Nizoral and switched to Rogaine foam in late July. For propecia I take it every day unless in rare occassion I was not allowed to. Rogaine at first I did it twice a day but now after 3 months I did it irregularly but still at least once a day. Nizoral two to three times a week.

After two weeks of rogaine I shed like crazy. It made my little receding hairline starting to get obvious. And after a month and a half it shed heavily again...... I thought it is good, but it looks like I'm wrong.

Now after 6 months of finasteride, 4.5 months of minoxidil, 2.5 months of nizoral, I am obviously worse than where I started. Now I have obvious temple recede. And my middle frontal is getting thinner as well. Now everywhere I walk I am checking other people's hairline. I am really hopeless, I feel so sorry for my girlfriend :(

To be fair, I think I lost less hair in shower than before. I think I lost 30-50 in bathtub which is far less than before. But the weird thing is, when I comb my hair after bath recently (to facilitate blood circulation), I lost 50 hairs and 90% of them are the short, thin baby hair. Isn't them suppose to be the healthy one because finasteride has stopped the DTH?

I am hopeless now. I'm using the BIG3, I don't know what else can I do. Before using the treatment, my temple is just receding, now is quite obviously. I think finasteride is gold and no way I'm stopping it. Should I try to stop minoxidil? I really dunno what I should do......

not much aside surgery will do much for the temples.

hows the top of the head. How thin is the front?

All_The_Above

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me make three points concerning your situation:

Be VERY careful about how much Nizoral you are using. Maybe only use it once a week, or twice at most. You may want to consider even dropping it. Some people have reported major thinning on Nizoral. I think you will be safe with once a week though.

I would consider taking Dutasteride three times a week and finasteride four times a week.

Perhaps consider taking oral spironolactone. Start off at 25 mg a day for a couple weeks, then 50 for two more weeks and then 75. You might not want to go over 75 as this sht is pretty intense. I have been on it for a month and a half and have not noticed anything significant with my hair, but my skin is looking ridiculous good. I haven't had a zit in two weeks and I haven't washed my face once in the past month. It also feels as smooth as wax. It is literally as smooth as a baby's face and I am 34. My skin is almost fckin flawless. Maybe this is just a coincidence with the oral spironolactone, but I doubt it.

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine at first I did it twice a day but now after 3 months I did it irregularly but still at least once a day.

Go back to using it twice a day and regularly. Also, try not to jump around from Rogaine liquid to Rogaine foam.... now that you're using foam, continue using it.

You're not going to see major results so quickly, but the best thing you can do is to be patient, stick to following your treatment (no changing treatment frequency after only 3 months), and give your hair time to actually respond and grow.

xiuchan81

Reaction score
Actually my main question is should I stop Rogaine foam. Because finasteride is by far the most powerful. Ain't no way I'm stopping that.

For rogaine, I only apply it on temple because I strongly believe finasteride alone can take care of the vertex. And my vertex looks good from now.

I applied rogaine to temple and the middle front, they are now bald and thinner already, should I just stop that to let finasteride take care of everything?

rababe

Reaction score
At this society, stress has become one of the main causes of hair loss as well. The living burden has driven more and more people fasten their pace and race against time to work for living and promotion. Stress has bad consequences such as insomnia and depression.