I Told You So

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I told you all it was a waste of time and money to send Desmond to Korea for the hair conference as there would be nothing new on the horizon with no cures in sight. I was right. I told you so.

We split the atom in the 1940s, went to the moon in the 1960s, and here we are in 2014 and we can't even make vellus hairs go terminal or keep hair from turning gray, much less grow hair on a bald scalp.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
yep....this is what happens when delusional, desperate people come on here leading on other delusional, desperate people...I won't name names but it's pretty clear who they are...there needs to be voices of reason on this forum, to keep in check the "mentally" upset who rant and rave to no end...

...as far as I'm concerned, any development beyond hair transplant's with donor area regrowth is dead for the next 5 years, minimum...

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
We already knew nothing close to a cure was coming. The main objective was to find out where we stood and not be in the darkness. So mission accomplished, but you should at least know what really happened before opening your mouth.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I told you all it was a waste of time and money to send Desmond to Korea for the hair conference as there would be nothing new on the horizon with no cures in sight. I was right. I told you so.

We split the atom in the 1940s, went to the moon in the 1960s, and here we are in 2014 and we can't even make vellus hairs go terminal or keep hair from turning gray, much less grow hair on a bald scalp.
whose time and money? yours?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
all this is doing is egging on this crowd-funding bullsh1t....gimme a effin break...if someone has a cure they'll get the money from wealthy investors...period...

..swing for the fences??? Buy a lottery ticket, you have a better chance...seriously....

holy jeezus people...

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
all this is doing is egging on this crowd-funding bullsh1t....gimme a effin break...if someone has a cure they'll get the money from wealthy investors...period...

..swing for the fences??? Buy a lottery ticket, you have a better chance...seriously....

holy jeezus people...

I dislike these negative posts. I for one am glad that people donated money and had someone to represent the hair loss forum peeps at the conference. It's not like we are hopelessly relying on a cure that isn't going to come. We are a group of people that are actively trying to make a difference in our lives and for future hair loss sufferers. If everyone had the kind mentality that you have the world would be in a pretty sad state. You are actually the delusional one for thinking that it made no difference.

Word of mouth, presence, sharing, knowledge, and showing their is an interest will always make waves of difference. What would have made no difference is signs that people didn't care like yourself. People sitting back waiting and expecting things to happen for them and be given it to them on a silver platter. You should be thanking these people rather than scoffing them. It is clear to me who has the mental problems.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I dislike these negative posts. I for one am glad that people donated money and had someone to represent the hair loss forum peeps at the conference. It's not like we are hopelessly relying on a cure that isn't going to come. We are a group of people that are actively trying to make a difference in our lives and for future hair loss sufferers. If everyone had the kind mentality that you have the world would be in a pretty sad state. You are actually the delusional one for thinking that it made no difference.

Word of mouth, presence, sharing, knowledge, and showing their is an interest will always make waves of difference. What would have made no difference is signs that people didn't care like yourself. People sitting back waiting and expecting things to happen for them and be given it to them on a silver platter. You should be thanking these people rather than scoffing them. It is clear to me who has the mental problems.

+1 yup yup.

People like sparx and Fred forget that these sereachers are also human and by nature are willing to help people. The crowdfunding is a great idea, and if something like that had been done a while ago, we would probably already have CB ready, or NEO. All big companies and things that change the life's of many usually start in garages and forums. We can make a difference because the reality is that none one has any sympathy for us, so we have to do it ourselves. I don't care who you are or what your beliefs are, we will beat this disease.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
+1 yup yup.

People like sparx and Fred forget that these sereachers are also human and by nature are willing to help people. The crowdfunding is a great idea, and if something like that had been done a while ago, we would probably already have CB ready, or NEO. All big companies and things that change the life's of many usually start in garages and forums. We can make a difference because the reality is that none one has any sympathy for us, so we have to do it ourselves. I don't care who you are or what your beliefs are, we will beat this disease.

CB would not have been ready with more funding. Cosmo already has all the cash they need. At this point the only biotech that is starving for money is Histogen. If we really wanted a fast release of the earliest treatment of any kind, Histogen would probably the best bet.

moskva

Reaction score
CB would not have been ready with more funding. Cosmo already has all the cash they need. At this point the only biotech that is starving for money is Histogen. If we really wanted a fast release of the earliest treatment of any kind, Histogen would probably the best bet.
This is something I can't agree. Concerning histogen, these m*f*kers have the money to buy out some random skin lotion pipeline, and stubbornly playing with bones without first making a mature and profitable product go into market. they've been dicking around for about a year really for no good reason, according to their schedule they should've release the product in asia THIS YEAR 2014, I mean wtf?

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score

More negative ramblings brought to you by Deadman1.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, i think it isn't any surprise as long as it's encoded in your genes.
A "true cure", to make a NW6 into thick NW1, maybe is impossible at all.
I guess some people don;t really understand "it's genetic". Curing male pattern baldness would be like "finding a cure" for shortness, for example.
I bet shoirt people would want a miraculous treatment to make them grow taller, won;t you think?

So i seriously doubt such a CURE would appear soon.
However, it is more possible for other treatments like finasteride and min to appear in the next 10-15 years. But it would be of the same type: either a pill you "eat" everyday, or a topical you apply on the scalp.
A "cure" in the form of a single treatment with dramatic and lifetime permanent effects is far far away, maybe not even possible .
Not until we figure out how to alter genes. And the genetic information is present in EVERY cell of your body, so if you figure out a mechanism to modify billions of cells and to erase from there what you don;t want, you can find a cure to every genetic condition/disease.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Not until we figure out how to alter genes. And the genetic information is present in EVERY cell of your body, so if you figure out a mechanism to modify billions of cells and to erase from there what you don;t want, you can find a cure to every genetci condition/disease.

The same genetic information is present in every cell, but it is only expressed in some. Therefore, it is not necessary to 'edit' the DNA in every cell. Delivery can be targeted. But yes, it will be a long time before this kind of genetic manipulation is in widespread clinical use (although genes are already routinely manipulated in a lab setting to probe their function). For the time being, targeting the expressed products (i.e. proteins) with drugs is more feasible.

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, i think it isn't any surprise as long as it's encoded in your genes.
A "true cure", to make a NW6 into thick NW1, maybe is impossible at all.
I guess some people don;t really understand "it's genetic". Curing male pattern baldness would be like "finding a cure" for shortness, for example.
I bet shoirt people would want a miraculous treatment to make them grow taller, won;t you think?

So i seriously doubt such a CURE would appear soon.
However, it is more possible for other treatments like finasteride and min to appear in the next 10-15 years. But it would be of the same type: either a pill you "eat" everyday, or a topical you apply on the scalp.
A "cure" in the form of a single treatment with lifetime permanent effects is far far away, maybe not even possible .
Not until we figure out how to alter genes. And the genetic information is present in EVERY cell of your body, so if you figure out a mechanism to modify billions of cells and to erase from there what you don;t want, you can find a cure to every genetci condition/disease.

3 different views on what a "cure" is.

1.) reverse present condition (turn a NW6 into NW1)

2.) Stop progression of condition (no matter where your at, there you are!)

3.) prevent onset (stop it before it starts)

Only one that has been discovered is #3 and that is chopping your balls off before puberty. It would be nice if there was an alternative.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's because we live in a modern society and we expect more.

We have cars that can park themselves, toilets that flush themselves, cell phones that can pretty much do anything etc.

With this booming technology, you would think we would be able to put a full head of hair on a bald man.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From my understanding from that btt forum, we are closer to a cure then we think, keep in mind people that a lot of hair researchers don't want to tell everything they have discovered, because there would be a big chance that people would copy their findings and find a cure for themselves so they prefer to say nothing and maybe some day they suddenly come up with a cure. who knows...

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
researchers don't want to tell everything they have discovered, because there would be a big chance that people would copy their findings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bBDT255s8xE

It's interesting with this video, the professor educates a whole room of people with everything he knows and his research is exceptional, but yet some teams just don't want to disclose any information about their research. I understand it may put their findings in jeopardy, but this professor has some solid research here and he shares it with everyone like it's nothing.

Their work is very impressive and it's just nice knowing that there are people out there trying to help us.

I hope whoever cures hair loss lives a very happy life knowing that they changed the lives of millions for the better.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Youknow I am around a month on this forum now and discovered that we all (well most of us) think like the OP, welcome in 2014 where we can do the weirdest things except regrowing some hair! yeah! :/ Humanity literally decode DNA in just a few years have you any idea how difficult that is?

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
From my understanding from that btt forum, we are closer to a cure then we think, keep in mind people that a lot of hair researchers don't want to tell everything they have discovered, because there would be a big chance that people would copy their findings and find a cure for themselves so they prefer to say nothing and maybe some day they suddenly come up with a cure. who knows...

Hogwash!

We can clone sheep but can't even turn velus hairs into terminal ones. There is no cure in sight for baldness. None whatsoever.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hogwash!

We can clone sheep but can't even turn velus hairs into terminal ones. There is no cure in sight for baldness. None whatsoever.

Deadman I won't deny that most of us are fu****, OK we are all fu****

That's because even if there was going to be a cure it would probably be overpriced and almost unpayable.