I thought a hair system would make me more attractive

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'v been shaving for over a decade, i couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, i just look weird with hair.
it didn't make me look younger nor more attractive.
i guess now i know for sure.
sorry for the blog post

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'v been shaving for over a decade, i couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, i just look weird with hair.
sorry for the blog post
Ones natural hair is always better than a dead rat on the head.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
How long have you had the system? It takes a week for you to get used to it and an extra week for it to become less puffy. Secondly, have you tried different hair styles, hair products and beard styles? I think that I definitely look better with the system on and I was on the fence in week 1.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry for the blog post
If that’s the case then don’t wear it and you’re saving yourself a lot of time, money and hassle with the maintenance of it all.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry for the blog post

It does take a while to get used to having hair again. When I started wearing I had thinning hair and a bald crown, but used concealers so was never showing my baldness. Even then, my first system hit me hard and took a while to get used to having hair again.

I don't get why you would start wearing after a year of shaving your head. Heck, if I accepted my bald fate there is no way I would wear a system: the cost and time and anxiety takes its toll. But I cannot accept baldness - yet - so I put up with the downsides and I love having the hair, so for me it's worth it.

One of my very good friends accepted his fate and has been shaving his head for years. I envy that freedom and I am happy for him. If you have been OK without hair for a decade then carry on my friend. You are in a better place than us.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does take a while to get used to having hair again. When I started wearing I had thinning hair and a bald crown, but used concealers so was never showing my baldness. Even then, my first system hit me hard and took a while to get used to having hair again.

I don't get why you would start wearing after a year of shaving your head. Heck, if I accepted my bald fate there is no way I would wear a system: the cost and time and anxiety takes its toll. But I cannot accept baldness - yet - so I put up with the downsides and I love having the hair, so for me it's worth it.

One of my very good friends accepted his fate and has been shaving his head for years. I envy that freedom and I am happy for him. If you have been OK without hair for a decade then carry on my friend. You are in a better place than us.

I had that idea that i would've been more attractive with hair, but to my surprise it wasn't the case.
The system in itself was as good as it gets, color, density, hairline,...etc it looked like my real bio hair

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Also you may well be more attractive with the system on but be bad at noticing it. In reality, the sad truth is that bald is considered ugly. For us bald guys, we find baldness normal because we see it on ourselves every day. So we calibrate ourselves to think that we look ok bald and that we look only slightly better or just different with hair. But we could be wrong because it's possible that every else saw us as butt ugly while bald. I thought that I looked amazing with my system on, with amazing skin and beautiful eyes. A few days later I realized that I am not a supermodel but I just look normal. Therefore, when I was bald I must have looked awful.

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is it really that bad wearing a hair system? I mean why would it be that bad?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm always considering stopping wearing a system, even though I loved it initially.

Once I learned I was allergic to tape, it's been a total hassle wearing. It's easy enough but using White Glue is beyond annoying. As soon as the hold let's up, you get little balled up pieces of glue getting into your hair, causing it to stick together.

It's not hairpieces I hate, but adhesives!

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm always considering stopping wearing a system, even though I loved it initially.

Once I learned I was allergic to tape, it's been a total hassle wearing. It's easy enough but using White Glue is beyond annoying. As soon as the hold let's up, you get little balled up pieces of glue getting into your hair, causing it to stick together.

It's not hairpieces I hate, but adhesives!
would you say that if it werent for the problem with the adhesives wearing a hairpiece would make you happier than before it?

grange

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me 2 or 3 months of wearing a piece before I got used to seeing myself in the mirror.

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me 2 or 3 months of wearing a piece before I got used to seeing myself in the mirror.
Are you happier now that you started using one? are you content with your decision? Thinking about it myself.