i think the worst aspect of hair loss

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
is not the loss of looks, or the way people perceive you, but the loss of youth and in turn the loss of energy/motivation

the whole point of being young is living life to the fullest

i think subconsciously i dont want to do that with hair loss, because deep down i feel "close to death" or "over the hill"

Jeremy K

Reaction score
I've felt this way also.

My early 20s were amazing, I lived them to the fullest because while my hair was thinning, I still had a thick head of hair and a good hairline, and would still receive compliments.

By my mid 20s, I still went out and had fun, but was starting to feel a bit stagnant due to the deterioration of my hair, which I couldn't quite pinpoint, but knew something wasn't right.

But I totally lost out on my late 20s (which I felt should've been my prime) by spending many hours in isolation battling hairloss and obsessing over it.

I have just turned 30, and it bothers me that I missed out on the past 4 years.

The irony is that I see these people who envied my hair 8 years ago, and now I envy their's.

slipy

Reaction score
it definitely changed my perception of death drasticaly, by 180 °

i was very afraid of death before, now not so much.
:sun:

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Woah Bros, hold on now!!!

I understand that hair loss sucks, as I am currently going through it myself, but if it is determining the way you feel about yourself and the way you live your life to this degree, I think it's time to shave your head and live your life.

The guys I know who shaved their head felt great afterwards for a few reasons:

1) They felt liberated because they no longer had to worry about their hair loss, they just accepted they had lost their hair and moved on.

2) Didn't feel stressed or inconvenienced, always trying to hide their hair loss.

3) Actually felt they looked far better then they thought they would with a shaved head.

4) Felt like a new person, and because they shaved their head (which is something that took balls), it allowed them to gain some confidence

I know there is going to be guys saying "But I don't look good without hair" or "I'm too short to be bald", but imagine being 80 years old and thinking back on your life. Now for the guys who are being limited by their hair loss, do you feel you would be happy knowing that you didn't live your life to the fullest? Or do you think you would be content knowing that you wasted so many years of your life all because of the way you looked?

There are tons of guys out there who shaved their head and don't give a **** about the way they look, so instead of being depressed why not consider doing the same? When you die, do you think your friends and family will say "Well, he lived a sheltered life, but his hair always seemed to look pretty good" or "Well, he was a bald mother****er, but he accomplished some amazing things in his lifetime."

The choice is yours.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Ever since I started with the male pattern baldness treatment I feel misrable and obsessed about it, even when it was improved, I just can't enjoy life, i can't relete to people, I feel 30+ in my mind,

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Ever since I started with the male pattern baldness treatment I feel misrable and obsessed about it, even when it was improved, I just can't enjoy life, i can't relete to people, I feel 30+ in my mind,

What male pattern baldness treatment are you talking about?

Jeremy K

Reaction score
Woah Bros, hold on now!!!

I understand that hair loss sucks, as I am currently going through it myself, but if it is determining the way you feel about yourself and the way you live your life to this degree, I think it's time to shave your head and live your life.

I often hear "Just shave it" as advice. If only it were as simple as that for everyone. Not all of us have a headshape suitable for shaving.

I mean, not only do I have a head shape that would look terrible bald, but I'm tall and severely underweight, even though I eat far more than the average person, and I'm pale with the inability to tan, because I just burn, and have a baby face.

So a shaved head is a definite NO! for me, or else I would've done it by now.
I would receive far more comments for having a shaved head than I would for a receding hairline, and because the stakes were so high, I fought that much harder and have made progress. I stabilized with some minor regrowth and am happy about it.

I cringe at the thought of myself with a shaved head, so if I had to sacrifice a handful of years to restore some of my vitality, then so be it, it's better than giving in without a fight and compromising my ideals.

slipy

Reaction score
i don't think the shaved head is a good look at all. maybe for some.

but in many cases i think it looks worse than a horsehoe and unnatural. i definitely would have 0 confidence with it.

i'd be like running and hiding from peoples looks.

besides not only am i short (which per se might not be super bad) but also very thin, so im not sure how drunk a person would have to be to consider me normal looking.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I mean, not only do I have a head shape that would look terrible bald, but I'm tall and severely underweight, even though I eat far more than the average person, and I'm pale with the inability to tan, because I just burn, and have a baby face.

1. GOMAD + weights.
2. Spray tan.

Jeremy K

Reaction score
1. GOMAD + weights.
2. Spray tan.

I've tried weights and just about everything else. I think with my frame, it'd probably be impossible to bulk up. What I have is as toned as can be, I just can't put any additional weight on.

I eat 3 to 4 thousand calories per day and it's not enough because I am always hungry, and still struggle to even keep what I have on, my metabolism is that rapid. I need to eat every 2 to 3 hours.

I've seen numerous doctors and other practitioners, nobody can figure it out and they tell me not to worry about it.

The most frustrating thing is the random comments: "Oh my god, you need to eat a sandwich! Don't you eat? How much do you weigh?!!!!"

slipy

Reaction score
The most frustrating thing is the random comments: "Oh my god, you need to eat a sandwich! Don't you eat? How much do you weigh?!!!!"

i get that a lot, especially from fat ****s. it's gotten to the point that i avoid people as much as i can (balding only adds to this), their inconsiderate idiotic comments just traumatize me that much, i wish those cocksuckers would just leave me alone, i wish i was invisible.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I eat 3 to 4 thousand calories per day and it's not enough because I am always hungry, and still struggle to even keep what I have on, my metabolism is that rapid. I need to eat every 2 to 3 hours.

Clearly you are not eating enough to put on weight.
Try GOMAD

B

Beingbaldsucksass

i get that a lot, especially from fat ****s. it's gotten to the point that i avoid people as much as i can (balding only adds to this), their inconsiderate idiotic comments just traumatize me that much, i wish those cocksuckers would just leave me alone, i wish i was invisible.

Shave your head compleatly, maybe then they will think your a cancer patient and will leave you alone

skull

Reaction score
is not the loss of looks, or the way people perceive you, but the loss of youth and in turn the loss of energy/motivation

the whole point of being young is living life to the fullest

i think subconsciously i dont want to do that with hair loss, because deep down i feel "close to death" or "over the hill"

Yes! this is why I decided to grow long hair like when I was younger! and you know what? I feel so much younger!!!!! don't care what anyone tells me about it. I just hope I will maintain my hair that I have now and not lose more (no bald spots yet, but I have the "baldness gene").

Jeremy K

Reaction score
Clearly you are not eating enough to put on weight.
Try GOMAD

I really can't imagine eating much more, or wanting to for that matter. Am I supposed to eat 2 large pizzas in one sitting rather than 1?

In my early 20s I used to regularly come home loaded, eat a large pizza, and then pass out. When I'd wake up, my stomach would be sunken in and growling.

I'm 30 years old and have been this way my entire life. My body is just fixed on what it weighs. I even tried the whole nothing but fastfood diet years ago for nearly a month, and in the process I lost 2 pounds, the only change was that I felt lethargic and just all around crappy, and my complexion was terrible.

It doesn't even bother me that much any more, I have just accepted it. My wrists are tiny, I seem to just be an ectomorph with small bones and can't really picture putting much meat on them.

I mean, I weigh at 30 exactly what I did at 15.

I'll look into GOMAD, but I've tried just about everything