I Think The Future Is Going To Be Artificial Hair.

nelsonkane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now, as far as I know, it's been illegal for decades in America to implant artificial hair in to someone's head. And, for good reason: no matter what type of artificial hair people have invented, having it implanted in to your scalp causes horrendous side effects. I think it can even be fatal!

But there are at least 10 substances that can be put in to the human body without them being rejected by the body. For example, artificial hips and artificial heart valves are made of substances that the body tolerates.

Any opinions on this?

I'm not doing any experiments on this, because for all I know, even doing experiments on yourself might be illegal. I'm not kidding.

But I think it's only a matter of time that real-looking hair is going to be made out of one of these substances that the body tolerates. I assume it will have to be done in a country where artificial hair insertion is legal, like China.

However, then, the next challenge would be anchoring each strand of hair in your head. Artificial hair has no roots, so there is nothing to anchor it and keep it from falling out. My guess is that a surgeon would have to create a hole wide enough to put the artificial hair that has a type of "ball" on the end, in. Then, the surgeon would have to close the hole around the hair with stitches. As you can imagine, this would be an unbelievably-tedious process to have to do this for each hair.

I have had hair micrografting done on me 7 times in a 17 year period.:) As far as I know, when the hairs have been put in to my scalp, the roots anchored each hair. I don't know if any type of glue is put on to the hair, or if the blood around it becomes a type of "cement."

The main problem with artificial hair is biocompatibility.

http://www.alopecia-hair-transplant.com/tips/risks-and-dangers-of-artificial-fiber-implantation/

Last edited: