I Think My Temples Are Receding. male pattern baldness Or Maturing Hairline?

SwirlySauce

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so at the ripe old age of 28 I'm starting to get worried about my hairline. Specifically, the temples seem to have moved back since I hit my 20s. The back/top of my head looks just like it always did (no thinning) and my father didn't have any significant balding until much later in life from what I can tell.

Here are some recent pics:

Mj2rLO8.jpg

L8u3rKV.jpg

Ea6cXrT.jpg

Here's one from about 3 years ago, sorry for the bad quality.
0e6cOJv.jpg

From what I can tell over the years my widows peak is becoming more noticeable over the years. If it is male pattern baldness what sort of results can I expect?

Appreciate it!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start the big 3 asap bro

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness, you can expect maintenance with some slight thickening along the hairline. Hair loss doesn´t seem to be very agressive, so you should be a good candidate.

SwirlySauce

My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness, you can expect maintenance with some slight thickening along the hairline. Hair loss doesn´t seem to be very agressive, so you should be a good candidate.

Good to hear! What would be the ideal treatment to start with?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn is it that bad?

male pattern baldness is a one way street bruh, meaning once it starts it'll get worse if you don't take action. The only question is how long this will take. That's some pretty deep recession and you're in your 20's, so I wouldn't waist any time getting on top of this

SwirlySauce

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you've lost an inch behind your temples and your hairline has moved up by at least .25" and you think that's a "maturing hairline?" Get on the Big Three immediately.

I never paid much attention to my hairline until the past few weeks so all this is new to me. I always assumed male pattern baldness was something you'd start noticing in your late teens/early 20s. Hope it's not too late for me.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's funny how you can go from not noticing a thing is wrong to having it consume your life in like one day.

Been there

Still there I guess.
It´s normal I think, most of us were in denial at first hoping it is due to the "stress" or some sh*t.....

shookwun

Reaction score
probably had the same hairline as a teenager

:D

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to stop pretending that "mature hairlines" are a thing. They aren't - they are hair loss. If you think you're losing your hair, you're losing your hair.

It's one of the phases of denial

Goes like this:

1. I think my hair's always been like this....?

2. Must be a mature hairline....?

3. f***. I balding

abcdefg

Reaction score
Im guessing there are a lot of Norwood 5s out there that still think they just have a mature hairline or they thought they did until it kept going. Mature hairlines are the dumbest thing ive ever heard of. Some magic point where male pattern baldness freezes and you hope it stops even though obviously no one knows that.
Yeah maybe as you get older your hair will grow back by itself right? I would say its going to get worse.
Anyways yeah its male pattern baldness dont wait.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to stop pretending that "mature hairlines" are a thing. They aren't - they are hair loss. If you think you're losing your hair, you're losing your hair.

so what happened to ibrahimovic's hairline?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn´t say mature hairlines are total bullshit. Even Jared Leto´s hairline has matured.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
You hairline will often be different from when you were a teenager regardless of balding. It kind of changes from a concave shape to a convex shape. For some people this will be their new hairline and it won't continue receding. This is what people call a maturing hairline. It does happen.

But to consider this a maturing hairline is madness.