I think my hair is is thinning badly behind

kula_diamondo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'll be 25 soon, and this is the picture of my hair (back of head) .. It's been thinning since the age of 17/18 .. IMG20130518011732443.jpg any help? ;_;

kula_diamondo

Reaction score
Thought so.. Do I need to see a doctor or can I buy it from the pharmacy? If so, what's the recommended dosage and all? .. getting real worried about my hair now :(

RapidRetreat

Reaction score
Hey mate Im 25 also have been thinning all over since around 18 and am receding now also. I have been on propecia unscripted for a year and just swapped over to dutasteride. Im not endorsing the move from Propecia to dutasteride and it is always a seemingly hot topic to recommend taking propecia or not. I think you should really go see a doctor and get it assessed first but bear in mind that most docs are VERY unwilling to write prescriptions to guys our age (or so that is my consensus) get on propecia if you can although if it is just thinning at your crown area try rogaine foam for a while if possible all of the instructions seem to veer to the path of that stuff working best on the crown area and the foam is easy enough to use although can become time consuming! Hope if all works out mate we all need to join forces as it were and commit to helping eachother!

kula_diamondo

Reaction score
Hey mate Im 25 also have been thinning all over since around 18 and am receding now also. I have been on propecia unscripted for a year and just swapped over to dutasteride. Im not endorsing the move from Propecia to dutasteride and it is always a seemingly hot topic to recommend taking propecia or not. I think you should really go see a doctor and get it assessed first but bear in mind that most docs are VERY unwilling to write prescriptions to guys our age (or so that is my consensus) get on propecia if you can although if it is just thinning at your crown area try rogaine foam for a while if possible all of the instructions seem to veer to the path of that stuff working best on the crown area and the foam is easy enough to use although can become time consuming! Hope if all works out mate we all need to join forces as it were and commit to helping eachother!

Hello thanks alot for replying to my thread :) I did consult a doctor, he said I don't think you should worry about it.. another doctor said " yup you are probably losing some hair there"...
None recommended anything to me :badmood:
So should I try getting Propecia at a pharmacy?

RapidRetreat

Reaction score
no worries mate we all need to stick together! Yeah that is pretty much exactly the same reaction I have been getting so I went to online route. maybe do some search around and try to find some online pharmacies I believe we aren't allowed to post adverts on here to say where we are getting them from but PM and I can try and help

Gigz89

Reaction score
Hello thanks alot for replying to my thread :) I did consult a doctor, he said I don't think you should worry about it.. another doctor said " yup you are probably losing some hair there"...
None recommended anything to me :badmood:
So should I try getting Propecia at a pharmacy?

I was 18 when my hair started to go and my doctor refused to give me propecia. End result: even though I have full scalp coverage, my hair has gotten so thinned out that I have to buzz it every week to make it look somewhat decent. You still have pretty good hair, so if I were you, I would keep trying to get a doctor to give me propecia. Read about its side-effects and make an informed decision.